is there any chance left for green fire?

85 Human Warrior
Funny how most of the Warlock community are angry at things they do not understand.

Blizz promises green fire. Blizz states they have no estimated time when it will be released. Warlocks rage that it's easy to change a color. Very few of them have done programming or know that they don't know what goes on in Blizzard's HQ.

Blizz trolls with Warlock tanks. Warlocks rage.

For a class that's supposed to be feared and deathly, the majority of you guys sure do whine alot.
Reply Quote
6 Worgen Rogue
03/28/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Niimbus
I think they are holding off so when people start to unsubscribe, they will release it on a patch and say "see? you have green fire as promised!" to drag people back. lol

damn that seems really likely or maybe I'm just really optimistic. lol its a little creepy how sinister your mind works.almost like a blizzard employee, do you work for blizzard? maybe helping them mess with locks?

Its sad that the optimistic warlocks are the ones that are hoping they're holding back green fire to get you to resub when you cancel.
Reply Quote
21 Worgen Warlock
Funny how most of the Warlock community are angry at things they do not understand.

Blizz promises green fire. Blizz states they have no estimated time when it will be released. Warlocks rage that it's easy to change a color. Very few of them have done programming or know that they don't know what goes on in Blizzard's HQ.

For a class that's supposed to be feared and deathly, the majority of you guys sure do whine alot.

dudes right. I mean when I'm at work I take no crap from anyone cause I play a warlock in wow. I also only watch scary movies that deal with fear and death cause i'm a warlock in wow.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

dudes right. I mean when I'm at work I take no crap from anyone cause I play a warlock in wow. I also only watch scary movies that deal with fear and death cause i'm a warlock in wow.

A true Warlock indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Mispost
Edited by Autolocus on 5/1/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
I think blizz is trolling us...
Blizz: changing your spells to be green is too hard
//one week later//
New Glyph: Crimson Banish, your banish spell is now red

i mean really?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
If I may direct you fine folk to this page from the MoP WoWhead, data-mined spells added to beta on 5-1-12.

You'll notice green warlock spells with prefixes Fel, you can also scroll forward and backward pages to see more :)

http://mop.wowhead.com/search?q=date%3A2012-05-01#spells:50+1+16+3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/01/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Petroleum

Hmm. "Server side" script.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Game has already peeked. Its on the opposite side of the slide now. If Warlocks were ever going to get Green fire (at a time that anyone will track it) they would have already gotten it, or would be getting it now.

Blizzard will start funneling less and less resource and time into the game and start focusing on new projects as Wow continues its slow descent.

Whoa, threre sunshine don't get everyone's hopes up too much.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
05/01/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Baalsamael

Hmm. "Server side" script.

I have no idea what you mean
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
Holy necro batman.

Fact is blizzard is full of crap. They have the tech to shift spells colors back and forth easily. Look at what any shadow priest does with his mounts. So the server is already capable of handling changing colors of stuff back and forth.

And saying that changing spell effects is harder than druid forms brings up an interesting point.

Druids get a glyph to make travel form a Stag.

What else is a stag? Malorne.

Malorne being one of the biggest gods around for druids. Druids get to take the form of a friggin druid forest god, no quest, no nothing.

But warlocks want green fire? Sorry gotta make an epic quest for that.

Mhmm.... Do warlocks give 3 licks about a quest to get green fire? No. Not if it means not getting the green fire.

Blizzard has no interest in ever giving locks green fire beyond chaos bolt and they likely never will.

Spells in green form already exist for the most part. Being able to change the colors with a glyph already exists for the most part (Fire orb/ frost fire orb anyone?)

It's all right there between the lines. They don't want it and they won't just come out and say it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/01/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Petroleum
I have no idea what you mean

It says in a couple of the fel-version spells, "server side script"

05/01/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Kiyasu
Spells in green form already exist for the most part. Being able to change the colors with a glyph already exists for the most part (Fire orb/ frost fire orb anyone?)

Already exists period. Red banish glyph.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Personally I would love an epic quest for Fel Fire.

As long as it's accessible for all players (i.e. no heroic raiding) and isn't a BOE that some one can sell on the AH for 50kg (i.e. Battered Hilt), I'm all for it.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/01/warlock-green-fire-spells-spotted-in-mop-beta-files/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/101508-the-codex-of-xerrath
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
05/01/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Kolaran
http://www.wowdb.com/spells/101508-the-codex-of-xerrath

Oh that does it. Those !@#$%^-s.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Baalsamael
It says in a couple of the fel-version spells, "server side script"

Thanks for explaining, I'm a noob when it comes to that kind of thing :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
05/02/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Compos
Thanks for explaining, I'm a noob when it comes to that kind of thing :)

I'm a noob too, but I just pointed it out :P THere's no client version of the spells.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]