hunters need intellect back!

85 Human Paladin
i think hunters should use intellect in mop cause focus is just killing me! repost this or wright back if you think im right, maybe we can change hunters for good!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
0/10
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Focus is fine in a limited target switching pve environment...other then that I really really hate it. ):
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mana doesn't really make sense, and I doubt you'd want to be susceptible to mana burns, but making your resource pool "larger" could be a good idea. Halve all the resource costs and gains to let you do more shots in a row if you want to, but not actually affect sustained DPS.
Reply Quote
Amateur.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I suppose we should bring back limited ammunition too?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
03/28/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Elidra
Halve all the resource costs and gains to let you do more shots in a row if you want to, but not actually affect sustained DPS.

That doesn't really change much with the playstyle. It'll still devolve into using a minimal number of resource generating shots between your tree shot cooldowns.

As an example using BM (because it's simple to do a quick and dirty BM rotation), after your initial KC and Arcane Shots to dump as much focus as possible, you'll still end up doing a rotation of KC - Arcane - Cobra - Cobra. The reduced resource generation/usage just means you work in a lower percentage of your bar.

At the beginning of a fight, or if you take a considerable time (and dps loss), you can pool a lot to switch targets, but it doesn't really help that much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well it isn't meant to actually change the overall DPS. I thought the Hunters' problem with focus was that it didn't allow much in the way of burst, since the resource pool empties after two shots or so. Reducing costs and generation lets you do more shots in a row, but doesn't change the amount of shots done over a longer period of time.

Unless they just want mana as an infinite resource, then they're just being unreasonable.

03/28/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Sildas
At the beginning of a fight, or if you take a considerable time (and dps loss), you can pool a lot to switch targets, but it doesn't really help that much.

Unless you cap your resource it shouldn't actually be a DPS loss to pool it up, and could be a gain if you pool it up in anticipation of a vulnerable phase or trinket proc.
Edited by Elidra on 3/29/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
No. No really just no.

Focus is probably the best resource system in game. It just needs to have a slight bit more passive and a slight less active.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/28/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Salvat
i think hunters should use intellect in mop cause focus is just killing me! repost this or wright back if you think im right, maybe we can change hunters for good!
I suspect using intelligence in your real life would improve your hunter play considerably.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
03/29/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Elidra
Unless you cap your resource it shouldn't actually be a DPS loss to pool it up, and could be a gain if you pool it up in anticipation of a vulnerable phase or trinket proc.

Well, for any CD based skill (Chimera Shot, Kill Command, Explosive Shot), it would be a DPS loss to pool without using the skill. So while pooling your resource, and the subsequent empty, you still need to be using it regularly. It allows you to pump out a series of Arcane Shots, but I'm not sure that's quite a boost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
03/28/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Elidra
Mana doesn't really make sense, and I doubt you'd want to be susceptible to mana burns, but making your resource pool "larger" could be a good idea. Halve all the resource costs and gains to let you do more shots in a row if you want to, but not actually affect sustained DPS.

Well we could look at a system not unlike pallys mana/HP..mana/focus. I am just hybridizing with theory here. Dual resource bars anyone..would make for some interesting mechanics druids come to mind in how they shift to dif resources depending.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
LOL no... intellect? really?
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
having to cast for 8 seconds just to get back to 80 focus or stand for 20 seconds to get to 100 focus makes less sense than mana ever did. i get that blizz wants to differentiate hunters from rangers, but come on hunters are a direct rip off of rangers. rangers did use magic and rangers could effectively melee.

i don't want to say bring back intellect and mana, but focus definitely needs a change. steady/cobra need to give back 12 focus base line and passive regeneration (especially while not in combat) needs to be increased.

blizz said they would look as shot costs and focus regeneration, but when cata went live blizz cut active and passive focus regeneration in half.

blizz promised a lot and delivered very little for the hunter community in cata. focus was a disaster and shuold have been fixed in patch 4.0.2.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/29/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Sildas
Well, for any CD based skill (Chimera Shot, Kill Command, Explosive Shot), it would be a DPS loss to pool without using the skill. So while pooling your resource, and the subsequent empty, you still need to be using it regularly. It allows you to pump out a series of Arcane Shots, but I'm not sure that's quite a boost.

Mmm, true. forgot about how you have CDs and resource costs on the big shots. Kind of an odd system.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
And go back to the days of viper aspect/mana burns? Are you nuts?

I absolutely love focus, other than having to spam a pathetically weak shot 3-4 times to gain back enough to use my real attacks, I like it.

Once 2pc t13 is gone I will probably hate it more, but its still way better than mana.

2pc t13 needs to be baseline, this patch has been solid proof of that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/30/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Wingly
2pc t13 needs to be baseline, this patch has been solid proof of that.

The T13 2PC bonus only highlights how extremely well designed Focus is as a resource. All three specs were designed in such a manner to allow your signature shot to remain on cooldown for a sustained period of time and remain Focus-neutral or slightly Focus-positive, without capping Focus. The T13 2PC bonus is powerful not because Focus is poorly designed, but because it is well designed. By approximately doubling the amount of incoming Focus, you significantly increase the ratio of Focus-consuming actions possible to the number of Focus-regenerating actions needed. This bonus turns nearly every playstyle into a Focus-positive state, and removes any sort of Focus management skills that were necessary to play a Hunter.
Reply Quote
5 Human Rogue
What you need to realize is that int is changing in mop anyways. Mana will be a limited resource and int no longer increases it. You'd be better off with focus because they're making mana a limited resource too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Focus just needs number tweeks. Focus is unbearable, but with 2 pc t13 it actually is pretty darn good. Marks hunters are constantly focus starved outside of a 5 min cool down. Hopefully MoP changes that even if it is a year from now and 60$ away =/

No offense because I enjoy the game and know it is difficult creating a game of this magnitude, but I really do not know what beta is for if the testers are not listened to. Also it's been over a year since this went live and no changes. Sorry but I still don't see the plus side of paying 15$/month for no meat and potatoes content as a PvPer.

EDIT: I agree with the other hunters - focus allows us to perform actions we normally couldn't such as keeping widow venom up (i don't) or using tranq shot without losing your whole bar. Plus hunters are no longer the worst class in arena according to arena stats.
Edited by Kandesta on 3/30/2012 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]