The Decline and Fall of Warlocks in Cataclysm

1 Orc Warlock
04/24/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Simplexity
You guys should get a room
How's your place sound?
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
04/24/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Sathrago
I'm sorry do you mean casting Immolate then chaosbolt/conflag for 80% of someones health? Yeah, so much ramp-up time...

Question sath: what game are you playing?

my chaos bolt is only 10% stronger at best than my incinerate as destro, and that is not as strong as (untalented) and super-nerfy corruption, which is rather pathetic. Conflag is the only "heavy hitter", but only if you use the broadest sense of the term, as my mage's fireballs crit for considerably more without a cooldown.

Of course all of this would be moot if affliction didn't suck so bad, as I prefer the old ua/bane farming/dungeon spec which is no no longer viable for farming because our self-healing was gutted to crap.

Now we get to just eat the damage with no regen like some counterfeit mage with none of that blink, frost nova, or reliable snare crap.
Edited by Yuzuha on 4/24/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
Question sath: what game are you playing?

my chaos bolt is only 10% stronger at best than my incinerate as destro, and that is not as strong as (untalented) and super-nerfy corruption, which is rather pathetic. Conflag is the only "heavy hitter", but only if you use the broadest sense of the term, as my mage's fireballs crit for considerably more without a cooldown.
I was talking about season 8, gj taking my post out of context. You were complaining about how ramp up time started in wotlk, when destro was so damn simple and easy.
Edited by Sathrago on 4/24/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
49 Tauren Paladin
I like how the same people who say ratings and rankings aren't valid for an argument use anecdotal evidence to try to prove their point. Raiders don't say x class is bad because it seems worse or is harder to play this expansion. They look at numbers. Sims, actual logs, performance benchmarks. When comparing anything, any quantitative evidence you have is valuable. The best baseball players consistently put up the best statistics. That's what RBG and arena ratings are too - statistics and performance benchmarks. So you can't dismiss them because, unless you can show otherwise, all you have is a minority opinion that feels like locks are bad in PvP because they probably still have no idea how to not suck.

There's a reason you're not posting on an 85 Khargrim. I don't blame you either, man.

You fail. Arena should be disregarded because it doesn't apply to everyday real game scenarios. Does being in a cookie cutter gimmick team in arena apply to doing Tol Borad dailies by yourself? Sure, you have the best pvp gear in every slot due to fear botting, so you can handle random pvp without your arena partners because you'll probably overgear anyone that tries to gank you, but that doesn't apply to the majority of players. Does it apply in random battlegrounds? Unless you run around with your pocket healing buddy, being a fear bot is useless for solo play. It's funny because half of you who think it's okay probably never even played a Lock before Wrath.

Hell, I don't even think Blizzard intended for Locks to be fear bots in arena. It's just something that happened by chance.
Edited by Khargrim on 4/24/2012 2:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Funny, as a Day 1 warlock, and as a participant in the Cata beta, I saw the writing on the wall. The complexity level for the class went up and became unfocused, cluttered and illogical.

And here I spent the previous 6-7 years as a pretty decent but not great raider, making pretty decent but not great progress, having fun playing my class nonetheless.

In Wrath I finally accomplished what was completely out of reach in Vanilla and BC - killing the penultimate boss of the expansion. It felt good.

But Cata killed that - after my first Cata raid I basically /gquit WoW.

You can't combat one shot mechanics effectively while juggling a 12-14 spell rotation along with other spells for CC and survival, it was way, way too much. No margin for error.

I remember asking during one of those "Ask the Devs" if Blizzard had any plans to consolidate and streamline the Warlock rotation - no response.

Cynwise's post is great - I don't feel like it was just my imagination that my game and my class had turned on me.

Honestly, it's left me depressed bordering on well . . . really, really depressed. I don't even know where the friends I used to play with for so long have gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You fail. Arena should be disregarded because it doesn't apply to everyday real game scenarios. Does being in a cookie cutter gimmick team in arena apply to doing Tol Borad dailies by yourself? Sure, you have the best pvp gear in every slot due to fear botting, so you can handle random pvp without your arena partners because you'll probably overgear anyone that tries to gank you, but that doesn't apply to the majority of players. Does it apply in random battlegrounds? Unless you run around with your pocket healing buddy, being a fear bot is useless for solo play. It's funny because half of you who think it's okay probably never even played a Lock before Wrath.

Hell, I don't even think Blizzard intended for Locks to be fear bots in arena. It's just something that happened by chance.

World PvP is your argument? Who actually goes out in the world anymore? And even when I did do TB/Molten Front dailies for a couple months or so, I never died and I wore PvE gear 100% of the time. Honestly 99% of the people you'll ever meet in world PvP are keyboard turning mongloids that it's actually impossible to die. You can say all you want about arena not being real PvP, but at least arena has competent players, equal gear and takes coordination.

In random battlegrounds I always top the damage, usually by at least double second place - all while never dying. Random BGs are also a joke, it's like the equivalent to 5-man heroics for PvP. Almost all of the top rated battleground players are top arena players.

If you can't survive without a healer that's a skill and a positioning issue, not a class fault. Post a video of yourself having trouble and I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips.

World PvP = solo questing
Random BGs = 5 mans/LFR
Arena/RBGs = Raids

P.S. - It's pretty obvious you have no clue what you're talking about because you think Fear is the reason why warlocks are good in arena/RBGs.
Edited by Simplexity on 4/24/2012 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Just by the way, Blizz has already stated all balancing is done around 10man raids and 3v3 arenas, with both balancing each other once they're balanced within themselves.

Any arguments about PvP being irrelevant is, in fact, irrelevant.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
link said statement.

ps sathrafail, im better than you.

Link to me it isn't. This is common knowledge.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]