Did I just watch... Toonami!?

100 Human Warrior
Is it back? Please say it's back! PLEASE! PLEASE!!! JUST SAY IT'S BACK!

*cough*

Nostalgia is awesome!
Edited by Drede on 3/31/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
*nostalgasm*
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why do i feel like this is the meanest joke that cable tv could throw out for april 1st?

I spent my teenage years on toonami. It was the first place i watched DBZ. It was almost my INTRODUCTION to anime... and i'm a huge anime fan these days.

I haven't watched cartoon network in years outside of an odd episode of FMA:Brotherhood here and there (even kinda got out of watching Bleach). I have to be at work in 7 hours and really should be thinking about bed... but i'm not...

I have been watching this since i heard it was airing after the first show.

The entire internet is BLOWING UP right now over this. Seriously, google "toonami", go to any tv/gaming forum, go anywhere, and you'll find at least one post about this.

If it is an April fools joke (and my inner pessimist is telling me that it is) then i doubt i'll ever watch CN for anything again. But... in that 0.1% chance that it isn't...

At the very least i might have a reason to dust off my DVR again... and at the most i'll actually be watching late night tv again lol.

KEEP IT ON DAMNIT CN.
Edited by Skyfiredraco on 4/1/2012 12:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Why do i feel like this is the meanest joke that cable tv could throw out for april 1st?

I spent my teenage years on toonami. It was the first place i watched DBZ. It was almost my INTRODUCTION to anime... and i'm a huge anime fan these days.

I haven't watched cartoon network in years outside of an odd episode of FMA:Brotherhood here and there (even kinda got out of watching Bleach). I have to be at work in 7 hours and really should be thinking about bed... but i'm not...

I have been watching this since i heard it was airing after the first show.

The entire internet is BLOWING UP right now over this. Seriously, google "toonami", go to any tv/gaming forum, go anywhere, and you'll find at least one post about this.

If it is an April fools joke (and my inner pessimist is telling me that it is) then i doubt i'll ever watch CN for anything again. But... in that 0.1% chance that it isn't...

At the very least i might have a reason to dust off my DVR again... and at the most i'll actually be watching late night tv again lol.

KEEP IT ON DAMNIT CN.

Either that or our collective hopes and dreams bent reality. I man I hope it's back. I don't think it is but I HOPE IT'S BACK!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
With the kind of response they're getting, they'd be morons if they just went straight back to the old lineup. Even if this was planned as an April Fools' joke, it might become something more (we can only hope!)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/01/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Chroesire
With the kind of response they're getting, they'd be morons if they just went straight back to the old lineup. Even if this was planned as an April Fools' joke, it might become something more (we can only hope!)

It haze Bleach... Tom (the robot) also mentioned next weeks episode of Bleach... They recorded new lines.... Is this happening? And they really bringing this back!?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
What the flip??? Tenchi Muyo is on yet on my guide its suppose be fooly cooly. Hmmm this must be an April fools joke.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Tom is reviewing Mass Effect 3! If this is a joke they pulled out all the stops.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I see it, but but I don't believe it!! Wow lol
Reply Quote
94 Undead Priest
LNC
Wiki already updated lol

April Fools' Day 2012
On midnight, April 1, 2012, just past Toonami's 15th anniversary, Adult Swim, which generally changes its programming for April Fools' Day, began to play The Room (as they had done the past several years). The scene then switched to Tom greeting the viewers, commenting that it is April Fools' Day, and then introducing that week's scheduled episode of Bleach. The Toonami bumps and programming would continue throughout the night, featuring Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, Outlaw Star, The Big O season 1, YuYu Hakusho, Blue Submarine No. 6, Trigun, Astro Boy, and Gigantor. Tom also presented a review of Mass Effect 3 and promoted the recent DVD releases of the series featured.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Gigantor!

Gigantoooooooor!

Gigaaaaaantoooooor!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Everyone! We need to act fast to make sure the news spreads like wild fire and that Cartoon Network takes notice.

Go to http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback Programming>Anime and tell them why they NEED to bring toonami back! Cartoon Network is dying slowly and this is a great time to show them how their old fans will flock back for a block of classic anime because it not only reminds us of our youth, but the shows were damn good too! Spread the work and let the grip of the revolution take hold! Rally now and stand together or else we'll fall divided!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Everyone! We need to act fast to make sure the news spreads like wild fire and that Cartoon Network takes notice.

Go to http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback Programming>Anime and tell them why they NEED to bring toonami back! Cartoon Network is dying slowly and this is a great time to show them how their old fans will flock back for a block of classic anime because it not only reminds us of our youth, but the shows were damn good too! Spread the work and let the grip of the revolution take hold! Rally now and stand together or else we'll fall divided!

Should I make battle flags!?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So, who's praying they this happens next week? lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
04/02/2012 03:48 AMPosted by Drede

Will cry like little girl if Tom pops up next week.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
My childhood, I wish i had cable again to see this.
Reply Quote
67 Undead Warlock
I almost cried when I saw this.

I didn't, of course, 'cause I'm a manly man.

*sniffle*
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Looks like they might bring it back if they get enough tweets. Let's do this! #BringBackToonami
http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23BringBackToonami
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/02/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Leokrone

Will cry like little girl if Tom pops up next week.

It's ok, no one will judge you.

I almost cried when I saw this.

I didn't, of course, 'cause I'm a manly man.

*sniffle*

People will still judge you though.

Looks like they might bring it back if they get enough tweets. Let's do this! #BringBackToonami

0.o
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Priest

I knew that my Twitter account would eventually come in handy for something other than making fun of Chris Brown.
Edited by Dirkhardpec on 4/3/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]