planning on leveling as MM what to avoid?

90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
what talents should i skip?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Improved Steady Shot, Piercing shots, Termination, things that require some buildup or a lengthy amount of time that the target has to be alive to have an effect are generally not very useful for leveling. Even in dungeons, bosses really don't live that long. They are more of endgame raiding talents. But then again, todays talent trees reaaaaally don't give you that much choice, so you can put points in them if you want. Concussive barrage has potential usefulness.

Don't get resistance is futile.

The main thing you want to look forward to getting is the Rapid Killing (only need one point)/Rapid Recuperation combo. That is the main attraction to MM leveling.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
i would agree with everythang except piercing shots is a flat 30%damage increase to your chimera steady and aimed shot crits plus it is verry fast ticking dot with short durration
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/01/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Spirál
The main thing you want to look forward to getting is the Rapid Killing (only need one point)/Rapid Recuperation combo. That is the main attraction to MM leveling.

Rapid killing, rapid recuperation, and careful aim. The holy trinity of MM levelling.

I disagree on the piercing shots and imp steady, those 2 are very useful, especially piercing shots considering how big a percentage of your damage aimed shot crits will be.

While leveling my second hunter I could Aimed>concussive and move to the next endlessly. Piercing shots would normally kill the mob if aimed shot didn't one shot it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
also plan to do bgs as i level up so i dont want to skip useful pvp skills unless they are truly a deteriment.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
how come? :) its for some fun.

also atm weird aimed shot is nice but arcane shot destroys everything so fast seems almost pointless early on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/01/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Jinroh
Every class has a spec in this game that makes every hunter spec look horid in comparison, that is to say there is nothing you play right now that you cant respec into the FOTM spec and outdo what a hunter does, in pve or pvp.

Lol, k then leave huntering to the big kids, go play in the wading pool eh?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Hex
im just having fun im not getting steamrolled by anyone :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]