290K Arcane Blast, 168K Arcane Explosion

85 Human Mage
Skip to the ~0:29 mark in the AoE looting video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6oxoYrzfE

The mage does a 290k AB followed by a 168k AE.

The entire purpose of inflating numbers is to give people the impression of getting "stronger", am I correct in assuming that? So why not make Arcane Blast hit for 290 million and give everyone 1.5-2 billion health? Then people will get the impression that they're getting SUPER STRONG! Strong enough to solo Sargeras, all the Old Gods put together and kick over the Titans as the new ruling force of the universe.

All I'm saying is that this whole "woo I'm getting stronger" illusion is really silly. Just when Blizzard were discussing the item squish, they make the whole thing even sillier with numbers that will no longer fit on our desk calculators.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah i was really surprised with those damage values when i saw that video too.
If this goes live as it is, a lot of recent old content will become solo-able, and i wonder how lulz-worthy 85-89 (and lower levels) BGs will be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Spellpower is bugged. Calm down.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
03/22/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Wintel
All I'm saying is that this whole "woo I'm getting stronger" illusion is really silly. Just when Blizzard were discussing the item squish, they make the whole thing even sillier with numbers that will no longer fit on our desk calculators.

Totally agree. It got pretty out of hand going into WoTLK, and insane going into cata. They really should have taken the damage increases much slower from expac to expac.

Also think about the late game. Wait till big trinkets and people get full raid gear 2-3 tiers in. Blizzard has lost their hold on balance for a while, but it looks like there is a huge opportunity to lose their grip completely if they're not careful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's a bug with premade characters. Your active buffs go all haywire when you copy your character. As soon as you die, reapply the buff, or otherwise change the buff, the bug corrects itself.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Numbers and stat values are bugged to hell on premade characters. It's why some premades have 600k health in their lvel 85 gear and 200k+ spell power. They're receiving their stat benefits 10x or more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Bugs on a beta server? Preposterous.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
03/22/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Judgesyou
Spellpower is bugged. Calm down.

This. There is a bug with transferred characters on the beta. They spawn in with around 150k spellpower. The problem fixes itself the first time you change specs.

when I first transferred my mage over, my Fingers of Frost ice lances were critting the target dummy for over a million damage per cast. It was pretty hilarious.

Obviously, this bug will be fixed before the game goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
What a !@#$ing stupid thread
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/23/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Mistwynd
y Fingers of Frost ice lances were critting the target dummy for over a million damage per cast.

so like live?
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
Either mages got buffed or beta is bugged. Could go either way.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
When are there ever bugs on a beta server?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Beta is ____.

I somehow doubt Wrynn is going live with "HEEEEY GUUURRLL" as his quest text, although I'd laugh pretty hard if he did.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
03/23/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Krinu
I somehow doubt Wrynn is going live with "HEEEEY GUUURRLL" as his quest text, although I'd laugh pretty hard if he did.

Is it drunken Wrynn?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]