Windows Phone

90 Troll Priest
As someone who frequently dates women online, I hereby request an Armory app for Windows phones. I just purchased the HTC X and find it incredibly hard to impress my lucky consort by displaying my character via mobile app when there isn't one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am about to get a new phone and I gotta say that the armory not being offered on Windows 8 phones is really making me sad. I am almost dead set on getting a Windows 8 phone and I would really love to see the armory created for this. If there was some sort of pole going on for this, I would be signing it.
I have tried to look for some sort of blue post or something from Blizzard at least saying if this app creation for Windows 8 phones is in the future or not.
Please Blizzard give us some information!
Thanks <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I might have some good news for you folks.

Since Blizzard keeps a complete silence (even after one year of questioning) about their plans of developing mobile armory for WP I thought to give a try and make one myself based on their provided api.

Currently I have made the base structure of application and finished character, PvP and talents screens development. I still have many things to do like all guild part implementation, realm lists, reputations, achievements etc. At the final stage app should provide many functionalities you already can get from the web plus some additional goodies. Unfortunately things like guild chat, actioning (except actions search or browsing) or friends lists will not work since it requires login to battle.net and currently Blizzard does not support that feature in api.

/cheers
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
AFK
Love to see a WP8 Armory app. My Nokia Lumia 920 is perfect but this would make it even better. I would even subscribe to remote.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I might have some good news for you folks.

Since Blizzard keeps a complete silence (even after one year of questioning) about their plans of developing mobile armory for WP I thought to give a try and make one myself based on their provided api.

Currently I have made the base structure of application and finished character, PvP and talents screens development. I still have many things to do like all guild part implementation, realm lists, reputations, achievements etc. At the final stage app should provide many functionalities you already can get from the web plus some additional goodies. Unfortunately things like guild chat, actioning (except actions search or browsing) or friends lists will not work since it requires login to battle.net and currently Blizzard does not support that feature in api.

/cheers

That's great that you're developing an app! The API is very powerful and you can get a lot of information from it and make some pretty unique stuff.. However what we want most from blizzard is guild chat.. Even if they gave us JUST a guild chat app.. i'd get by, albeit rather disappointed..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Guild chat is nice, but what I really want is friends, Real ID and even trade chat. This could save me tons of time idling pointlessly in SW waiting for friends to come online or searching for arena partner.
Edited by Kerrighan on 1/10/2013 3:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/10/2013 03:56 AMPosted by Kerrighan
Guild chat is nice, but what I really want is friends, Real ID and even trade chat. This could save me tons of time idling pointlessly in SW waiting for friends to come online or searching for arena partner.

Idk about trade chat since there is already enough spam there but I agree with the friends and realID.. unfortunately even the ios and android versions don't have that feature.. but that would be a different request thread I think as this one is for getting the armory app with guild chat and AH features on the windows phone! :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Dear Blizzard, Please make the APP for the WP8
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wonder if Blizzard will be making the decision now that they've seen MS's earnings call yesterday. Too bad there were no concrete numbers and only averages and %s given. But unlike WP7, I don't think WP8 is going to go anywhere and only start rising... Especially if the Apollo+ stuff comes through with a lot of the big features that people want that will bring more over to the phone. Getting office on your phone is great for enterprise users.
Reply Quote
Definitely want this. I still have my iphone 3s charged and on wifi for when I wanna use the app, which is weird using that for mobile armory with I have a Lumia 920 chilling on my desk.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Lumia 920 here...would be very happy if blizz comes out with an app for wp...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Now that WP has passed BB, we are #3! but with the new BB10, they can side load android apps and get a semi-functional version of guild chat for BB... leaving us as really the only major platform with no blizzard support other than the authenticator.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
/signed

Lets see an armory app for windows phone!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I REALLY wish Blizzard would just give us something.. anything.. a "not right now"... "no plans".. "maybe soon".. something!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Yep, bring on the Windows Phone support! Appreciate the authenticator, but you make about 1000000000000000 dollars per month - allocate a small amount to making a nice Windows Phone app!

thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
i have the lumia 820.would love to have the armory and remote chat on my phone!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Come on Blizzard! We are at 4.1% now in the US, and 6.7% in Europe! We're clearly growing and your efforts wont be wasted! Please don't forget about us and give us a sign if you're planning anything!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
/signed

I'd love this as I've abandoned iPhone/Android years ago. I'm glad they have an Authenticator app for WP... but it's about time to have the Armory app on all platforms. WP is here to stay.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
/signed

I just upgraded my phone from a messaging phone to my first smartphone (HTC 8X) love my new phone and having access to the mobile authenticator... but and this is a big but i was expecting to have access to the armory also (Windows phones are not a new thing anymore) especially since everyone else i know with a smartphone (didnt know what types of phones they had) has access to it. Major disappointment in my world.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
/Signed

Blizzard plz have an amory app for WP....

Been playing wow since launch.....

an app for WP would be great!!!

Gazi
Edited by Gazibom on 6/10/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]