Basilisks

Simple. Is there any real lore behind them? We see them in almost every single zone.

And this is completely irrelevant, but what is the significance of the golden female with wings in Silvermoon? Statues of her appear everywhere.
Reply Quote
I'm guessing they're related to Crocolisks and Dimetredons somehow. What's odd is there's various primate species on Azeroth, and they're NOT related to humans according to Lore.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage

And this is completely irrelevant, but what is the significance of the golden female with wings in Silvermoon? Statues of her appear everywhere.

Just pretty female blood elf statues. It's not any specific character.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It's said that dimetradons are the ancient ancestors of both in quest text I believe.

As for azerothian basilisks.. I believe the rpg once stated they stored energy in the crystals they grow in their bodies, they use this energy to release an energy blast from their eyes that crystallizes opponents.

Despite the RPG being made non canon this can still be seen ingame.

As their relation to earth elementals, I think basalisks could have been diametradons that adapted to the elemental plan of earth.. I mean dwarfs and troggs fell into it.. imagine what else?
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
There's also the Basilisks in Outland (along with many other creatures similar to Azerothian ones) with only Felfire Diemetradons as possible ancestors in-game.

If this is natural evolution, Titan intervention or even interdimensional migration (like the Rock Flayers somehow living in Deepholm) it's unclear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]