Dk tanks on DW

90 Tauren Death Knight
Ok so again im Avignon an argument with my friend about stupid stuff!

The argument is about when a dk tank should use IBF on the last platform,

I say Boneshield and DS the impale and IBF AMS the bolt

he says use IBF for impale and AMS for the bolt?????What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Is anyone dying because what either of you is doing isn't working?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
our tank is dying on the impale not making it to the bolt so our healers want him to use IBF on the bolt but i say if the tank is using Boneshield and DS's he will ive cuz thats how i do it on my dk tank....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/26/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Shrader
our tank is dying on the impale

Then he's doing the wrong thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
03/26/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Nerfheals
our tank is dying on the impale

what do you mean?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/26/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Shrader

what do you mean?

Exactly what I said. If the cooldowns he's using aren't enough to let him survive Impale, he has to change what he's doing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
im not sure if he is using bone shield at the right time im asking more if ibf should be saved for the bolt
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
When we were first doing it. I would make it so that IBF and AMS were up for that last platform. It did make everything that much easier.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
ALso STAY OF EXECUTION.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
ams can easily soak the bolt.

If you are using any other cd for the bolt you are doing it wrong. Seriously, the bolt dont even scratch you with AMS up.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
Depending on platform order you do ( I did it like Raidfinder order) I bone shielded 2nd and 4th platform, IBF on 3rd (so that it was up for the terrors in phase 2) just make sure you don't pop boneshield until a few seconds before the implale comes, and you should be fine, assuming healers aren't idiots.

I was also taking first impale, so on 3rd and 4th cuz of no slow on bolt, I would make sure to have ams ready for when bolt was hitting, and time popping my glyphed VB 4piece, as well as taunting the corruption back to me after other tank took impale.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/26/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Shrader
im asking more if ibf should be saved for the bolt

Saving IBF for the bolt is of no use if you die to Impale with an unused cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Bolt does enough damage to kill DPS.

Impale does enough damage to kill tanks.

Therefore, use the stronger CD for the Impale.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
IBF lasts long enough to cover both the bolt and the Impale.

edit: If IBF is on CD, then he still has DRW+Army for the Impale. Must be channeling at the time when Impale does damage.
Edited by Euliat on 3/26/2012 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought the reason DKS were so OP were because they don't take damage from the impale because of stacking blood shield?!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Yup. Bone Shield, Stay, and Blood Shield are more than enough to completely mitigate Impale if Blood Shield is being handled properly. Bone and Stay are both short enough to be up for every single platform.

I personally save IBF only for the rare occasions where something goes horribly wrong and I have to soak a second impale. IBF + AotD + VB + Blood Shield will generally let you pull it off.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
Time - Action
-3 - bone shield
-2 - stay of execution
0 - bolt is cast
2 - cast AMS
3 - impale is cast
4 - cast IBF
5 - bolt lands
8 - impale lands

time, in seconds, with the bolt cast as your zero point. times are appriximate and also from my own memory, so could be off slightly. either way, the point is that both AMS and IBF are up for the bolt and IBF lasts long enough that it's also up for the impale. i do this, and i don't go above the minimum threshold for death strike for the entire bolt/impale combo.
Edited by Freph on 3/26/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I always did BS, Vamp blood (unglyphed) for impale and then popped AMS just before void bolt landed on a non slow platform. But I'm also working on a big BS at the same time.

But I'm 1/2 !@# stacking stam so doing that gave me enough health to survive, it'd be a bit close. This worked really well with a disc priest bubble just before impale.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
AMS is more than enough to soak bolt dmg
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
IBF for impale, AMS for bolt. It's foolproof.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]