Scroll of Resurrection Questions & Answers

(Locked)

Community Manager
To help clear up some concerns regarding the recently-announced Scroll of Resurrection program, we've put together a quick Q&A featuring the most common questions that we've seen from the community.

General Information

The Scroll of Resurrection program sounds awesome, but I'm not totally clear on how everything works. Is there someplace where I could learn more about the program's benefits, eligibility, and restrictions?
For more information on the new Scroll of Resurrection program, be sure to check out the official Scroll of Resurrection FAQ and Scroll of Resurrection Walkthrough. We also encourage you to review the Scroll of Resurrection Known Issues sticky for details and updates on commonly-reported issues.

I have more than one World of Warcraft license on my Battle.net account. If one of those licenses is inactive, can I send myself a Scroll of Resurrection invitation?
Absolutely! So long as one of your World of Warcraft licenses is still active, you can send any inactive licenses on your Battle.net account a Scroll of Resurrection invitation.

I just recently reactivated my account with the Scroll of Resurrection. Can I send out Scroll of Resurrection invitations now, too?
Yes! Once your account is reactivated, you can immediately begin sending out Scroll of Resurrection invitations to eligible accounts. This applies even if you've resurrected your account (and are playing on the 7 free days of game time), but have not yet added a new subscription.

Please note that if your 7 free days end, you will need to reactivate the account before you can send a Scroll of resurrection invitation.

Someone sent me a Scroll of Resurrection invitation, but I haven't received the email yet. What's up?
First, verify that your account is actually eligible for the Scroll of Resurrection program. To qualify, your World of Warcraft license must be a) merged with a Battle.net account, b) in good standing (not banned or locked), and c) inactive as of or before March 4, 2012.

Second, you'll want to make sure that your friend or family member sent the Scroll of Resurrection invitation to the correct Battle.net email address. If the invitation was accidentally sent to the wrong address, simply have your friend/family member resend the invitation at their next earliest convenience.

If you've verified that your World of Warcraft license is eligible for resurrection and that the invitation is being sent to the correct address, be sure to check your Spam and Junk email folders. The invitation may have been accidentally filtered to one of these locations.

Alternatively, you can check for outstanding Scroll of Resurrection invitations on your Received Invitations page on Battle.net.

When does the Scroll of Resurrection promotion end?
We do not have a date for when the new Scroll of Resurrection promotion will end, but will provide notice before it concludes. Stay tuned to http://us.battle.net/wow for related updates.

Eligibility

I have an inactive account and want to come back to World of Warcraft. I haven’t received a Scroll of Resurrection invitation yet. If I reactivate my account on my own, can I still receive the benefits of the Scroll of Resurrection program?
Not at this time. Currently, in order to receive the benefits of the Scroll of Resurrection program, your account must be reactivated using a Scroll of Resurrection invitation.

If I reactivate my account and then a friend sends me a Scroll of Resurrection invitation later, will I be eligible for the program benefits at that point?
No. Scroll of Resurrection benefits cannot currently be applied retroactively.

I reactivated my account just before the new Scroll of Resurrection program launched. Is there any way that I can receive the benefits retroactively?
Unfortunately, no. The Scroll of Resurrection program is only available to accounts which were inactive on or before March 4, 2012.

Account Retrieval

I have an inactive account and someone wants to send me a Scroll of Resurrection invitation. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what email address I used to register my Battle.net account with. What should I do?
If you're unsure which email address your World of Warcraft license is attached to, don't panic! Our Billing and Account Services representatives will be happy to help you recover your account information.

I recently received a Scroll of Resurrection invitation, but am unable to log into my Battle.net account to claim it because:
  • My Authenticator is lost or broken. If you've lost your Authenticator or unable to log in because your Authenticator is not working properly, please contact Billing and Account Services. You can also submit an online request to have your Authenticator removed.
  • I don't remember my password. If you've forgotten your Battle.net password, you can quickly recover it on your own (after verifying account ownership) using our online password reset option. If you are unable to recover your password through this feature, please contact Billing and Account Services.
  • My account was compromised. Help! If you believe your account may have been compromised, please contact Blizzard Support as soon as possible. The quickest way to report an account compromise is by completing our automated recovery form.

Rewards

If I send someone a Scroll of Resurrection invitation, do they have to claim their rewards right away?
The recipient of your Scroll of Resurrection will have 30 days to accept the invitation before it expires. After the invitation is accepted, the resurrected World of Warcraft license will immediately receive 7 free days of game time.

While the game time will apply immediately, the recipient can choose to boost one character on their World of Warcraft license to level 80 at any point while the promotion is active. The same applies for the free Faction Change and/or Character Transfer (if the character is eligible).

I accidentally applied the level boost to the wrong character. Is there anything I can do?
In some situations where a level boost is applied to the wrong character, Blizzard Support may be able to assist. These situations are extremely rare, however, so we encourage all players to use caution when claiming any rewards provided through the Scroll of Resurrection program.

I boosted a character to 80 and now I want to use the free Faction Change/Character Transfer on another character, but I don't see the option in Account Management. What do I do?
The Faction Change and Character Transfer can only be accepted on the same character that is accepting the boost to level 80.

Resources

FAQ

Walkthrough

Known Issues
Edited by Gakonzus on 10/12/2012 12:32 PM PDT
80 Draenei Shaman
i signed up for a trial and I can't use my scroll either, you should add that to your FAQ.

Don't use any trials :(
1 Human Paladin
If i have a battle.net account and my free 30 day trile expired after march 4 will i still be able to get a scroll.
100 Blood Elf Priest
i signed up for a trial and I can't use my scroll either, you should add that to your FAQ.

Don't use any trials :(

03/26/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Mypallywaker
If i have a battle.net account and my free 30 day trile expired after march 4 will i still be able to get a scroll.

From the FAQ:
Who can receive a Scroll of Resurrection?
To be eligible to receive a Scroll of Resurrection, your friend must have a full (non-Starter Edition) World of Warcraft account, and their account must have been inactive (without an active subscription) on or before March 4th, 2012.
85 Troll Priest
I reactivated my account just before the new Scroll of Resurrection program launched. Is there any way that I can receive the benefits retroactively?

Unfortunately, no. The Scroll of Resurrection program is only available to accounts which were inactive on or before March 4, 2012.Account Retrieval

This.

Why was this not announced ahead of the promotion, or the promotion start date set to a point where folks who had reactivated an account that week would have been eligible? Blizzard sent out a scroll notice to my inactive account that didn't include this offer the week before. That's pretty darn cruel if this was in the plans all along. By accepting the first offer from Blizzard -- I became locked out of this one.

I honestly thought about keeping my second account active ... but it's just not worth it when a better offer was available. I hope this offer comes around again soon.
81 Gnome Warrior
I accepted a SoR on this account on the 7th, but for various reasons, I have been unable to buy game time. I've heard people say that you need to buy game time within 30 days of acceptance for the person who sent you the SoR to get their rewards. Is this true?
81 Undead Rogue
I accepted the rewards about a week ago, however due to the horrible internet connection at the hotel I was at, I was not able to get on that night. I was also unable to log on before the 7 days ran out. I chose this rogue as the character to get boosted to 80, but it looks like it didn't work because I didn't log on. When I resub again, will this character still be boosted to 80 or no?
87 Human Death Knight
If you accepted a scroll and don't have a way to pay for 30 days, will you still be able to keep the rewards after the 7 days free time are up?
50 Human Warrior
If I use the scroll on my own account, can I transfer my new 80 over to my main account? Is so, sold.
90 Draenei Shaman
Me and my wife havn't actively played since December 2011(edit: fail yearage) , her longer.
The last time I touched the game was that same month.
I cancelled her subscription when I tried to cancel mine, however mine didnt work for some reason and kept charging me. I did not realise.
I got my credit card statement this month, and saw the payments, and cancelled my account on the 14th march.

However, my wife has been missing wow and wanting to get back into it, she was an enthusiastic mount collector and wanted to scroll of rez me, however the cutoff for this was the 4th march. We dont want the free gametime, no need for the cata upgrade etc.. Just the mount for her.
Yet because of some error, or a mistake on my part, I'm unsure, technically She can't use it on me.
But I think some wiggleroom should apply here, I mean I didnt touch my account since december, and Blizz got free money off BOTH my accounts for a whole extra 3 months...
Edited by Lanaya on 3/27/2012 12:13 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/26/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Rosehill
If I use the scroll on my own account, can I transfer my new 80 over to my main account? Is so, sold.
That is exactly what I did. Leveled my rogue to 80, and then used a paid character transfer to send him to my main account.
44 Night Elf Druid
If we accept the scroll and get all the benefits, do we have to subscribe within the 7 days to KEEP cataclysm, the 80 and the transfer? I can't find this info anywhere.
11 Goblin Shaman
03/27/2012 07:22 AMPosted by Triyeth
If we accept the scroll and get all the benefits, do we have to subscribe within the 7 days to KEEP cataclysm, the 80 and the transfer? I can't find this info anywhere.

Yes, you'll keep all the benefits. After the 7 days your account will go back to being frozen/inactive (whatever they call it) until you re-subscribe or add a game time card. Once you do, you'll still have cata and your boosted/transferred character.
85 Draenei Hunter
Looks like an A&Q session the way it's formatted. Thank you for putting this together, though.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
My account has been inactive for a while now, and i just decided to activate the cataclysm free trial, does this mean I am no longer eligible for Resurrection? I don't think that is specified anywhere in the faq page
50 Human Warrior
03/27/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Flatspriest
That is exactly what I did. Leveled my rogue to 80, and then used a paid character transfer to send him to my main account.

What I refer to is the free transfer they apparently give you. Can it be transferred from the resurrected account to the main account?
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Rosehill

What I refer to is the free transfer they apparently give you. Can it be transferred from the resurrected account to the main account?
Then the answer is no. You cannot use the free transfer to transfer between accounts, only to the realm of the person who sent you the scroll in the first place.
90 Worgen Death Knight
I sent a scroll to a friend. He accepted and boosted a character to 80 but when on about day 3 of the 7 days of free time he attempted to xfer the character to my server and faction the option was no longer there.

He sent in a ticket but his 7 days free has already ended. Thanks for nothing blizz. If the faction change and server xfer option doesn't last at least as long as the 7 day free time I can only imagine how many people will not bother.

Why you made it so they have to xfer and faction change at the same time as the boost is beyond me. Some people have limited playtime and after being gone awhile need time to clean up matters on the old server before leaving such as getting all their items together on the character they boosted and are xferring.

If you didn't have that limitation on the transfer and faction change needing to be at the same time as the level boost you would have at least one more paying customer at this time .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]