100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way

90 Pandaren Rogue
03/30/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Jêrseydevil

No but finally commenting on the specific issue is very..VERY helpful.

All they did was make a Bland, "Politically correct" statement. There are still 900,000 people still with no invite. And it doesn't change the fact they All of this fiasco has been nothing but shady. And after a week+ we finally get a statement..... WOW. And true or false...I have read on several sites that Opt- in's ARE getting invites.

100K is better than nothing and I understand servers has limitations.... I fail to see how that was ever OUR problem and I fail to see How they couldn't see this all happening?? They knew they had 1million AP's they should have prepared More Beta Servers? Seems like common sense does it not??? It's no different than me inviting 40 people to my house for Easter Dinner and only Preparing enough food for 5 of them and telling the others as they knock on my door they're beat....Come back in june and Dinner will be ready for the other 35...

if you guys say so...Then it must be true

WoW beta invites have always been sent out in waves. Since BC. I don't see why anyone is expecting anything different this time. Sure the wording for the Annual Pass was ambiguous at best originally, but I think the entitlement expectation people had that they'd get in the first day is absurd.

People just need to have patience and their beta invites will come. In the meantime, if you're bored with the game as it is now, go find something else to do. WoW is not the only way to spend your free time.
Is it finished yet or are they still sending?
100 Tauren Warrior
also, you say you're inviting in waves....one hundred thousand people in 1 go....how many waves are you planning on? Seems like quite alot.
85 Troll Priest
If it had said the invites would come out in waves when I signed up I would not have bothered.

You have had months to ensure your beta servers were capable of fulfilling the commitments of the annual pass, and one might think you were obliged to. 100000 is a drop in the ocean.

Good luck to everyone hanging out for your invites.
87 Human Death Knight
No problems here Bashiok. When I get in, I'll do my testing "thang", but I'm hardly sitting here chewing my nails over it. Take your time, do your "thang" and I'll see you in there when whatever wave washes my invite ashore.
Putting this in here b/c I'm not sure..

No email. Nothing on my Bnet accts.

BUT. I get a server list when I open beta, it just hangs at "connected".

I think I'm in..it's just not working.

EDIT* - I think I'm just seeing the PTR realm list. ie. Broxigar and I already have characters on it but still can't log in. Maybe no beta for meh.
Edited by Nayer on 3/30/2012 4:25 AM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
We appreciate that everyone who signed up for the Annual Pass is genuinely excited about seeing the new content and helping us test it for release. We definitely want to get all Annual Pass holders into the beta test as soon as humanly (and technologically) possible.

To do so, we need to make sure that our new systems remain stable as we add players. If we let everyone in at the exact same time, we risk damaging the stability of the service, and then no one would be able to play. We can’t let everyone in at the same time; however, all Annual Pass holders will be invited before any opt-ins.

We’re in the process of sending 100,000 invites to Annual Pass holders, and we recommend keeping an eye on your email and Battle.net account for an invite to come explore Pandaria.

Rest assured that we WILL get all of our Annual Pass holders into the beta test. Thank you for the passion and support you’ve shown for the game, and please be patient with us as we continue driving hard toward finishing up Mists of Pandaria and getting it into your hands as quickly as possible.

I'll believe it when I see it.
100 Draenei Shaman
Did you send all the emails already?

Please tell me so i can stop refreshing my email and looking at my Bnet.
100 Human Death Knight
This is slighty absurd, you mean to tell me that over 100,000 people have more seniority than me as a day one account, not to mention everyone, their mother, their brother, and their seventh cousin getting a D3 invite and I still don't have one either...is there something wrong with my account? Is it unable to be flagged for some reason? I obviously can't submit a ticket about it or else I'd be told not everyone should be in yet. I have bought every Blizzard game at launch, collector's edition at that, since WC3, and retroactively own every single game. I'm one their most loyal customers. It's very frustrating to still be left out with that loyalty.
Well, seeing has how it stated that length of account time was going to factor in for who gets the Beta invites, and it is obviously not; as most of us can plainly see, I wonder if this would count as a breach of contract? Class-action law suit anyone?
85 Orc Warrior
Good to know we get in before people that Opt In. Trying to imagine 1 million people on test realms in insane, can't be only 2 us servers. Think blizzard are handling this well.
96 Human Paladin
The problem isnt the waves.. the problem isnt 1,000,000 AP holders the problem that we are QQing about is NOT that we dont have Betta yet... Nearly all of us understood that we would need to wait our turn.The problem is LACK OF COMMUNICATION... we had over a week before blizzard responded to ANY of our questions. and even then not so much as an appology.

They actually responded several times.

You just chose to ignore them.

/sigh This is the clear "give them an inch and they'll demand a mile" syndrome - forum posters are NEVER satisfied.
Edited by Shaelynn on 3/30/2012 4:33 AM PDT
96 Human Paladin
03/30/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Allcoast
Because at Blizzcon, they said "At launch" you dolt.

No, they didn't.

Ugh, I hope they never offer guaranteed beta access again because people just aren't mature enough to handle it. :|
Edited by Shaelynn on 3/30/2012 4:35 AM PDT
82 Blood Elf Paladin
stop sending me crap in my email blizz if your not sending a beta send nothing tired of opening crap.
2 Troll Mage
they said "when it goes live"

this could be taken to mean two different things...

1. the moment it goes live

2. some random amount of time after the moment it goes live

stupid English language....
Edited by Lolwhat on 3/30/2012 4:37 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]