100,000 Annual Pass Invites On Their Way

90 Gnome Priest
Just gave me a reason to stay up late tonight even though I need to be at work at 10am.
90 Troll Hunter
Thank you for the update! <3 I still haven't gotten mine, but to know that this big of a wave is going out is very nice news! I am eager and excited to play the beta when I do get my code. ^-^
90 Pandaren Mage
thanks for the GOOD NEWS Bashiok
100 Troll Shaman
No invite yet =/
85 Goblin Death Knight
Thank you Bashiok!!!
86 Troll Warlock
03/29/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Palaurus

If you have been around for that long, you should know by now, blizzard has never used "Seniority". I have been around since the start and have never got a beta invite. So i decided to just sign up for the AP to get one lol.

They have said that they are prioritizing by cumulative subscription time.

They said older accounts have a higher chance of getting in, not prioritizing. Just because you have a higher chance doesn't mean you WILL get in.
80 Draenei Shaman
what about people who dont have an annual pass do I just wait for next expansion's beta? Active since Vanilla and have played 3 accounts. Pretty sure that puts me above someone with an AP whos only played for a few months. Oh well missed TBC, Wrath, and Cata betas not holding my breath for an invite here either.
90 Orc Death Knight
Threads moving quick, but I had a question. Roughly how long will it take for all the invites to go out? I don't want to spend the next day or so checking my email and Battle.Net account every five minutes.
90 Human Rogue
Awesome, glad to finally see a blue shed light on this. And since it says in the process of sending invites I guess that means theres still more to come other than the handful from earlier today? Or have all 100k already been sent.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/29/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Bashiok
Ok, so the people that say they are in but have not signed up for the AP (or just signed up recently) are trolling? Just wanted a confirmation on this, because I have seen posts saying otherwise.

If someone is in the beta it is because:

-They're press or work on an official fansite
-Are friends/family of a Blizzard employee
-Bought the Dell laptop that comes with beta invites
-Purchased the Annual Pass

There have been no opt-in invites.

Ty for the quick response :-)
90 Tauren Warrior
03/29/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Ibsol
so how long will it take to send out these 100000 invites? that way you dont have a ton of people waiting up all night not to get one this round

he is not an idiot.

been around since vanilla here. and the same case never a BETA inv....
87 Human Priest
And thank you Bashiok for giving a clear and direct response, that I am sure will set a great many minds at ease. For the vast majority it was never about being entitled to day 1 access. It was just about knowing where we stand in the order of things.

Edit: removed a question that was already answered.
Edited by Sindrà on 3/29/2012 8:44 PM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
03/29/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Khriiraa
what about people who dont have an annual pass do I just wait for next expansion's beta? Active since Vanilla and have played 3 accounts. Pretty sure that puts me above someone with an AP whos only played for a few months. Oh well missed TBC, Wrath, and Cata betas not holding my breath for an invite here either.

Actually no AP's are a priority. You are below us AP holders.
85 Draenei Mage
03/29/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Vebraja
Yah Bashiok, can you post when all of those 100,000 invites have been sent out?

That would save a LOT of wear and tear on people's F5 keys. ^.^
85 Human Death Knight
no invite yet not giving my hopes up not complaining and not holding my breath haha :) hopefully tho
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]