GW2 vs WoW, there is no competition.

63 Tauren Hunter
All over my alt for not finishing raiding content (IE being casual)

Haha, sorry I didn't pan over. I only saw the 1 boss kill for WoTLK and Cata. It must be really difficult to go through the Ulduar content as level 85 :) :):):):):)):)

Oh yeah, something like this would be fun in GW2 because of content scaling :) :) :)
:)
:):):):):):):)

Before this goes any further, you should know: Mysstraa is Mooxie.

Dammit you should have let him figure it out for himself when I SAID THAT IN A POST
If he's too stupid to make the connection you should have left it as is lol

That's not the OP, though. Besides, looking over the thread, you were far more trollish before Rapturous/Ouroborous came about. It was also your own fault for getting worked into defending raids for casual players by declaring that WoW today is "casual proofed."
Reply Quote
31 Gnome Warlock
Dammit you should have let him figure it out for himself when I SAID THAT IN A POST

Stupid? I have a degree in communications from the University of Phoenix.

and yet....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
That's not the OP, though. Besides, looking over the thread, you were far more trollish before Rapturous/Ouroborous came about. It was also your own fault for getting worked into defending raids for casual players by declaring that WoW today is "casual proofed."

Do not insert logic into this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
All over my alt for not finishing raiding content (IE being casual)

Yes... please be the only person in the game NOT crying that this game has been casually mashed into the ground

lol k w/e Im a troll I guess for defending WoW in an anti WoW thread have fun guys, Im actually going back to General lol
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter

Yes... please be the only person in the game NOT crying that this game has been casually mashed into the ground

lol k w/e Im a troll I guess for defending WoW in an anti WoW thread have fun guys, Im actually going back to General lol

See, it's statements like this. The game has been "casually mashed into the ground"....yet you consider yourself casual anyway, to the point that you don't even raid? "Casually mashed into the ground" is defending WoW? It's like you can't even maintain your own position through a single post, much less from post to post.

(For the record, I consider WoW a superb game, just one I've grown tired with over time, not one that has gotten ruined by the developers over time.)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

Stupid? I have a degree in communications from the University of Phoenix.

degrees mean a lot
Edited by Ballistiq on 3/30/2012 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pfft...

Everyone knows Runescape will be the one to finish off WoW.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
03/30/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Valdemort
and yet....

03/30/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Ballistiq
degrees mean a lot

Troll successful. 5+5=10 total points.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/30/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Rapturous
and yet....

degrees mean a lot

Troll successful. 5+5=10 total points.

you're so smart, what a trickster!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
03/30/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Ballistiq

I also have a degree in trickery
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/30/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Rapturous

I also have a degree in trickery

Are you serious? I didn't know that existed, i have a degree in believing everything everyone says is the truth
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Ah so GW2 is the next WoW killer huh? From what I've seen from the GW fanbois, this game will kill WoW.

Man, how many times are we going to kill off WoW?

YOU are the one saying that. If you go on GW2 forums no one is saying that because they are different games that cater to different types of players. Not to mention it's easy to just play both.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
What I want to know is this: Will GW2 be another WoW clone?

If I see the word "daily" in one GW2 discription or hear one of my friends say they have to do the "dailies" in GW2, I ain't playing.

GW2 could only be so lucky to be a wow clone, 7 years later 10 mil+ subs, trust me, every company is envious and wishes for that success or even half of it
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I don't want it to be a WoW clone. I am freakin bored of WoW. It's a shame because I do love my druids (yes I have two 85 druids). I suppose MoP is trying to change things up slightly, but Blizz needs to do more.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

GW2 could only be so lucky to be a wow clone, 7 years later 10 mil+ subs, trust me, every company is envious and wishes for that success or even half of it

Some of us are tired of playing the same game over and over for the past 13 years (lumping Everquest, WoW, and SWTOR together.)

WTB something different please.

This.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
What I want to know is this: Will GW2 be another WoW clone?

If I see the word "daily" in one GW2 discription or hear one of my friends say they have to do the "dailies" in GW2, I ain't playing.

There will be "daily achievements" that reward xp and maybe some gold.

They're not the same as quests though as you don't have to pick them up and do them in a specific area. They're more along the lines of "kill x number of mobs in a day" which can be completed by simply going about your business and doing events and such.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement#Daily_achievements

edit: (I hate daily quests too, i never do them.)
Edited by Tomac on 3/30/2012 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Tauren Hunter

Some of us are tired of playing the same game over and over for the past 13 years (lumping Everquest, WoW, and SWTOR together.)

WTB something different please.

I'd say there's plenty different between WoW and GW2. Combat mechanics, quests vs dynamic events, class definitions, group roles and interactions, travel, payment model, 'endgame' philosophy.

Feel free to ask if you want elaboration on any particular point. Or could just look it up, it's not most of this info is hard to come by.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]