"We feel Hunters and Balance Druids excel..."

90 Night Elf Hunter
03/30/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Eviltime
The Hunter toolkit needs to be slimmed down and consolidated but each tool being more powerful, like other classes. Having a bajillion tools does nothing for us when they're so easily countered and work against each other.

1000 X this
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/01/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Bubblês
How many does yours take?

i have 65 on my warlock. i would probably have more if i still played it seriously. as it is i'm manually pet twisting.
unholy dk has 59, but i'm lazy and don't have my claw on/off macroed.
i actually halved my dk's binds when i switched to frost and didn't have to worry about timmy's tendency to bug out and spaming my gargoyle's 'attack my target macro'

i can't macro my change focus and party 1-3 intelligently because i just can't reach enough keys to do it. i had to settle for taking my hand off my mouse to hit those.

04/01/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Gistwiki
So... the poster you're quoting starts by speaking of the many keybinds on their hunter, warlock, and unholy dk, and then goes on to point out that his ret has very few keybinds.

notice the common theme with warlocks and unholy dks? they use pets. ret paladins don't.

hunters act like they are the only class with a ton of binds. try playing a warlock. try playing on equipment designed for some one much larger then you. then come back and tell me you have bind problems.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior

hunters act like they are the only class with a ton of binds. try playing a warlock. try playing on equipment designed for some one much larger then you. then come back and tell me you have bind problems.
I have a lot more keybinds for my hunter than I do for my UH DK (counting my DK's pet bar and not counting my Hunter's) and if you are griping about a large key board, try having you fine motor skills at the same level of a small child. Try having a finger slave to the one next to it and hitting more than one key at the same time. I hate having to hit Numpad 8> Numpad 9> Numpad /> Left Mouse button 1 to CC. That may not seem like much to you but four buttons with a hand that does not always work right is a lot to me. I have more than one nerve condition, one is temporary and I can not do anything to get better. Condensing Hunter's abilities is one of the major improvements Blizzard can do. I get that your hands might be small but an over sized keyboard would help me. Key board size also never stops my 4'10 cousin from typing at in human speeds either.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
04/03/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Pragmatic

Jumping Jimmy on a rubber crutch, you're now trying to pad your argument with complaints about the size of your computer equipment.

"Hunters are fine and Warlocks and DKs are harder because my hands are small!"

What the hell else do hunters have to apologize for? Global warming? Joseph Kony? Maybe the Kardashians and Jersey Shore. This is the unbelievable garbage that makes listening to other players in hunter threads so infuriating.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Wow, this guy again. Srsly stop QQing and L2P hunters are one of the best classes in BGs by far. You just have no clue how to play one in PvP.

I visit the warlock forums and my class is apparently the worst class in the game yet I continue to top honor gained (forget abt dmg my gear is subpar on this guy) and stay alive most of the time.

Basic Tip: Learn to use your 40 yard range, disengage and deterrance

I will definitely agree with your point here. In BGs (Random Honor or Rated), Hunters are absolutely ridiculous. They hide behind their team, cherry pick their targets, and rocket up the damage dealt/killing blows lists on the scorecard.

The way I'm reading this post by the OP, I'm relating to his concerns and vocalizations in an Arena setting. Hunters are without doubt the most easily CC'd, damaged, and killed class in the Arena. I'm speaking from personal experience here too (My team always calls them as a first kill target).

I mained a Hunter for six years. I loved raiding on it. I raided competitively in BC, Wrath (our glory days), and Cata up to 4.2. I tried to transition to PvP (EDIT: Arenas, specifically) a bit in 4.0 - 4.3, and simply hit the wall at 1200. By no means am I anything other than an average Arena player, but I have hit 1800 with my Paladin. The MASSIVE difference between playability of the Hunter class and just about every other class in Arena is just shameful. It will take a lot more than simply removing a minimum range to make the class viable and more heavily represented.

Hunters need more CC options that are targeted, need fewer that are broken on damage, and they need the durations of said CC adjusted, and their burst nerfed to compensate. Anyone who has been on the receiving end of a HoJ with RF empowered MM hunter wearing 2-Piece T13 knows exactly what I'm talking about.

No overhauls necessary, simply tweaks. A targeted "Freeze" effect (Freezing Arrow?) that doesn't break on damage, being able to talent/Glyph (Prime Glyph) Scatter Shot so it either removes all DoTs or doesn't break with them applied (duration of 4 secs seems reasonable) and a similar effect with Wyvern Sting would give Survival inclined players the motivation to PvP, would give MM and BM the other options to improve their existing CC at the cost of sacrificing DPS potential gained through Glyphs.

EDIT: Further clarification before the flaming, trolling, and poo-flinging:

For those very, very, very select few who simply excel at this class in every way, Hunters are extremely hard to counter. Proportionately though, the class is inaccessibly difficult to play at a medium to high level of play.
Edited by Matchew on 4/18/2012 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
@Matchew Those ain't minor tweaks, they are over hauls and the Hunter class is hurting in Rated Battle Grounds and it's hurting there more than the Arena. The fact that you hit 1800 on your Paladin and 1200 on your Hunter should say something. It ain't just an L2P thing, if it was that we would see more Hunters succeeding in Rated PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have every class at 85 and my hunter has minimum 54 keybinds as oppsoed to say 10 on my frost dk who's dps is on par with this hunter.

Or my mage who can get it done with 10 or less.

Most every one of my other toons have 25% or less the keybinds needed to play a hunter.
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
Well I don't see any changes happening for a long long time.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
03/30/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Purebalance
The other 2 talents in that tier would be far better for a feral in any other environment so unless your feral is going to sit at LM or at the flag in EotS 24/7 then no typhoon is terrible for feral and most ferals will mass entanglement.

Boomkins can go into cat form too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/18/2012 08:31 AMPosted by Matchew
I will definitely agree with your point here. In BGs (Random Honor or Rated), Hunters are absolutely ridiculous.

No.

Hunters are the WORST CLASS IN THE GAME for RBGs. WORST IN THE GAME.

This is the type of lie that get spread around the forums b/c of stupid people that dont understand basic pvp mechanics.

Just because you got stomped one time while you had 120k HP by some BiS geared hunter in a random BG, it doesnt make hunters powerful in rated BGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]