MoP:Shields Still needed for Spell Reflection

100 Human Warrior
04/07/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Trevon
What stance dancing in Wrath?
\im gona let you finish but let me mortal strike then double over power, then go berzerking stance for whirlwind, then defensive stance to intervene to my healer and disarm to help out, then berzerk stance to intercept stun the casted CC then battle stance to charge back onto my target to keep on the dmg.

Pretty much this but WW was just a waist to switch to as it lowered your rage.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter

Because it's clunky? Why keep bad things in the game for old time's sake?

I'm just saying I've known some warriors - especially old school ones - who love making macros and are really pround of their creative macros, keybinds and UIs. They don't think it's a bad thing about the warrior class- it's one of the reasons they play it in the first place.

Now, you and I may not agree with them, but they are out there, and I suspect that keeping the shield requirement is a nod to them.

Plus, it's one way for the really skilled warrior to show his skill. I'm always impressed when a warrior is really quick to spell reflect my hunter traps since I have a warrior and know how clunky the mechanics are. There aren't that many ways out there now for warriors to show skill like that.

+like
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

I'm just saying I've known some warriors - especially old school ones - who love making macros and are really pround of their creative macros, keybinds and UIs. They don't think it's a bad thing about the warrior class- it's one of the reasons they play it in the first place.

Now, you and I may not agree with them, but they are out there, and I suspect that keeping the shield requirement is a nod to them.

Plus, it's one way for the really skilled warrior to show his skill. I'm always impressed when a warrior is really quick to spell reflect my hunter traps since I have a warrior and know how clunky the mechanics are. There aren't that many ways out there now for warriors to show skill like that.

+like

You know there is an actual like button right? <.<
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Warrior
I just wished it had two options one without a shield where the spell is either randomly deflected to either another target or to an unknown and one with a shield where the spell is reflected at the casting target.

The other option i hoped for was basically redirecting the spell onto a desired target since sometimes you don't want to reflect a poly back onto the mage in the current situation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/08/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Eogz
I just wished it had two options one without a shield where the spell is either randomly deflected to either another target or to an unknown and one with a shield where the spell is reflected at the casting target.

That could end badly as it could break a CC unintentionally.

04/08/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Eogz
The other option i hoped for was basically redirecting the spell onto a desired target since sometimes you don't want to reflect a poly back onto the mage in the current situation.

Would be cool.
Edited by Drede on 4/8/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would like to further the concept of using a weapon to steamroll through a spell. I don't mean using some sort of Jedi finesse to reflect it back, I mean a warrior taking his weapon and just smashing it like a piñata. It should be a magical mess.

Tinkerbell dust all over the place...SPELL SMASH
You obliterate the next incoming harmful spell with your weapon.
20sec cooldown, off the global
Glyph of awesome: a shockwave erupts from the smashed spell setting critters on fire

Stop trying to be precision strike ninjas. Just break things.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I would like to further the concept of using a weapon to steamroll through a spell. I don't mean using some sort of Jedi finesse to reflect it back, I mean a warrior taking his weapon and just smashing it like a piñata. It should be a magical mess.

Tinkerbell dust all over the place...SPELL SMASH
You obliterate the next incoming harmful spell with your weapon.
20sec cooldown, off the global
Glyph of awesome: a shockwave erupts from the smashed spell setting critters on fire

Stop trying to be precision strike ninjas. Just break things.

I'd settle for just bouncing it back...Tinkerbell Dust?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]