Frost PVP Trinket

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm gearing up my DK for pvp Frost. I'm trying to decide which trinkets to use. I'm not sure hot to link them.... but the trinkets have two versions, one with more resil, and the other has more crit. The sticky says crit is kinda meh since I have Killing Machine.

Would it then be a better option to get the one with more resil? My concern was that Killing Machine only applies to my Frost strike (Oblit on those rare occasions where I am using it) and + crit would be better overall. Thanks for all the help and clarification.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
resilience trinket is better. dks are the squishiest plate class in the game
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kusari gives good advice on threads she wont lead you astray.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if it would matter if I wore cloth >.>
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/02/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Plagueolas
Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if it would matter if I wore cloth >.>
against other melee namely rogues and ferals you might as well be.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Cloth would be better honestly, because then we might get some passive damage reduction spells and defensive cooldowns.

Something has gone very wrong in this game since plate has become the squishiest armour class in the game except for restoration druids, may they rest in peace.
Reply Quote
If survivability is of big concern, you may want to try duel weilding. It doesn't look like it, but it technically offers a bit more survivability. You can (although I don't see the need) get the runeforged weapon chain on one weapon. Also, without worrying about Obliterate, you can glyph death coil for some extra heals.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
04/02/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Contusion
If survivability is of big concern, you may want to try duel weilding. It doesn't look like it, but it technically offers a bit more survivability. You can (although I don't see the need) get the runeforged weapon chain on one weapon. Also, without worrying about Obliterate, you can glyph death coil for some extra heals.

this is one of the most absurd post's i've seen, you may get like... 10 more resil, but over the course of an arena match your close to 1000 runepower behind 2h, thus more runes, more deathstrikes, more chains to kite around, more lichborne heals, and more damage
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Finalrequiem
this is one of the most absurd post's i've seen, you may get like... 10 more resil, but over the course of an arena match your close to 1000 runepower behind 2h, thus more runes, more deathstrikes, more chains to kite around, more lichborne heals, and more damage

The OP never mentioned Arenas once. The most absurd thing would be to assume that in a DK forum, the only possible PvP to be talked about would be Arenas. This is especially true when we are talking about the spec that is commonly accepted as the one to choose for BG's, or at least the one not to pick for arenas. Since I assumed (correctly) that we weren't talking about arenas (gearing up, no mention of arenas, playing frost), my advice was geared towards a person trying to get gear in a random BG. In which, 10 seconds of disarm will kill you and an entire health bar from a full runic bar because of a glyph change is essential to survival in a random.

Assuming that we are talking about arenas is sooooo WoLK.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
While we're on the subject of trinkets in this thread...

For stuff like RBG's or arenas, which trinkets would you guys suggest / advocate running with? I've got enough points to pick up a Cataclysmic Gladiator's Insignia of Victory this week, and I'm currently using Bone-Link Fetish and Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Victory. I plan to stick with the badge, but would you guys suggest keeping the Bone-Link or swapping it out for the Insignia?

Edit: Assuming human racials, and being able to afford not having to equip a pvp escape trinket.
Edited by Variat on 4/4/2012 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
While we're on the subject of trinkets in this thread...

For stuff like RBG's or arenas, which trinkets would you guys suggest / advocate running with? I've got enough points to pick up a Cataclysmic Gladiator's Insignia of Victory this week, and I'm currently using Bone-Link Fetish and Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Victory. I plan to stick with the badge, but would you guys suggest keeping the Bone-Link or swapping it out for the Insignia?

Edit: Assuming human racials, and being able to afford not having to equip a pvp escape trinket.

For rateds you're fine with gurth and fetish. In arenas I'd go double resil trinks though.

/jealous
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
man if I had it I'd run heroic bone-link in arena it'd be too fun not to lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]