Which Tanking class is best?

85 Gnome Mage
Im looking to lvl a tanking caracter. Im not to sure which is better looking i want your feedback and reasoning on why you choose a certain class for tanking. Interested in MoP raiding and current raiding content. Please leave lots of comments as i am very open minded on my choices. Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Warlock tanks for their amazing glyphs >.>
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
There is not a best class for tanks atm. There is however the class you enjoy however come MOP who knows there isa whole lot of wait and see.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If MoP is what you plan to tank, then just watch the news as it develops.

The tanking community is quite in the dark regarding what will happen in MoP. The official MoP (prototype) calculator has many of the answers you seek (and we would provide), but none of it is certain yet.

Also, keep up with MMO-champion.com; they show new information when it releases.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/22/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Celyndrashad
Warlock tanks for their amazing glyphs >.>

/roar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The best are DK's no doubt. Come MOP we get Deaths Advance & Anti Magic Zone as Blood Tanks so this will further make us OP.

1.Solo Dungeons.
2.Extremely Big Self Heals
3.Real controlled Anti Magic & Damage Reduction
4.Beautiful Armors
5.Start at 55
6.Enough Tanking Tools to make all your tanking dreams come true:) Things like Death Grip, Ibf, Ams, Vampiric Blood, DeathStrike Heals, & list goes on and on.
7.We don't need Shields:)

Whoever doesn't roll a DK tank is missing out on a lot of tanking fun.

More about them but I gotta go:(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
roll a tankadin you do it right you can out tank any class out there
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
anything you can do, i can do better!

Since you're alliance roll a human pally

/hair flip

you are now a tank.
Edited by Twiister on 3/24/2012 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Blood DKs are almost certainly the best right now. They are by far the best tank on Yor'sahj due to AMS, and are incredibly powerful compared to other tanks in many situations due to AMS and blood shield. Then there's the T13 4pc giving VB to the rest of the raid, which is icing on the cake.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/24/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Luulnd

LoL..

Trust me DK's out tank Paladins and Warriors any day of the week..
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
At the moment(and this is the perspective of casual player who occasionally runs raidfinder/constantly runs dungeon finder), I prefer my DK.
I like being able to just plop down my AoE wherever
I like the strength of my cooldowns
I like that there are distinct advantages being thrust upon my class in the MoP talent trees

That said? I dislike how my blocking mechanic(blood shield), forces me to always be watching my runes
I dislike how there isn't yet confirmed MoP Samurai Armor-with-skulls-on-it for the DKs
And I haven't done any real DS raiding on this toon, so I can't REALLY, definitively say what's up.

But, whatever. This is this casual dude's vote for a DK. Warriors, Druids, and Pallies are good to. Just...whatever you choose to tank with, PLEASE be prepared with em. Get Mirror of Broken Image's equivalent when the expansion comes. Learn the fights. Level up your tradeskillls. A tank will feel like an invincible [Death/Rage/Holy/Bear]Monster if you prepare right, but if you don't get those few, key pieces of gear that you can grind, and you don't learn the fight, you'll feel like wet tissue paper.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
currently, seems like druids are aimed towards a really good place, and theyre really good in current content as well. of course, everything is prone to change.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
TBH after having played with all 4 classes, i dont get why people say paladins are the easiest class, theyre not any harder than warriors, and to some extent druids i suppose.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Doesn't really matter what class you choose, any can tank effectively.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
03/24/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Feriin

LoL..

Trust me DK's out tank Paladins and Warriors any day of the week..

It's about the ability of the player to adjust to a given situation. I have seen good and bad of all classes, and even seen ones I thought were good out done by someone else.

As far as actual numbers on who has the greatest EH, or potential to avoid dmg, I truly don't know.
Reply Quote
88 Draenei Death Knight
Death Knights.

/DS back to full health

Jelly?
Edited by Calienda on 3/25/2012 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
/roll
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]