When are disconnects being fixed?!

85 Worgen Priest
I'm sure you've all experienced it if you arena enough. You're jumping around in the start of arena, you run into a wall, instantly disconnected from the game. Or in other cases, example being on ruins, you can strafe on the side of the tomb and when you collide with it a certain way, you disconnect. It's not my computer because I know many people disconnect when running into walls, it's a known thing. When does blizzard plan to fix this? It's getting ridiculous how many disconnects from the game (not the internet so it is the games problem) happen and cause losses over it.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
this is true, on the flat map with the rising pillars, before gate opening;
i was strafe jumping and got insta dc'd right as i touched the right wall.
Game dcs are very comon this expac and is 100% coming from the games end was telling partner in skype "Wtf dc?!" the whole time no internet issues on my end.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
anything that isnt qq sinks
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Not only walls but fences rocks and all that kinda clutter stuff cause disconnects too.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
just got out of a match where the mage blinked into the rising pillar, i got near and DC'd "wtf dude did you get dcd?" 'no' (...)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I have no idea why Blizzard would put Ring of Valor back into the arena map cycle, I know it's been said time again, But that map is just the buggiest thing i have ever had to play with in any game. Sometimes i get pulled under the map by the pillars, Sometimes i DC when I'm standing next to the pillar and it goes up... But the most annoying thing about that map is the pet bugs. Ghoul leap goes on CD but never works and when pets get stuck on the platforms..
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/27/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Nofur
Liked post for blue's attention. I hate this and it is very much an issue. In fact the other night I jumped on a low lvl Hunter thinking I might lvl him for PvP. First dungeon I jumped into I disengaged back and slid along a wall. Instant DC and I'm like yer. Fuk that. Does this happen to hunters in Arena much? I don't see it happen to enemy hunters when I vs them but I would be concerned with losing partners for DCing too much.

This is not only a problem for hunters. I have been disconnected in arenas too. It will happen on sewers also.
Reply Quote
This is not only a problem for hunters. I have been disconnected in arenas too. It will happen on sewers also.

It's a problem for everyone, however it does seem to effect hunters more than most since disengage in and of itself works as a jump function. I can charge/blink/port near walls all day as long as I don't jump I'm fine. However, you disengage into a wall and there's a good chance you'll DC every time.

Incredibly frustrating on some maps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
yep, this is a relatively new bug. this + warriors current status tells me blizz wants us talking about MOP, not what we're currently paying for
Reply Quote
16 Tauren Shaman
It also affects life grip. I love gripping my partner up on RoV or Blade's Edge to have <Real Name> has gone offline appear on my RealID.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
wonder if i should unbind jump off of space bar, might help?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
bump. This !@#$ is %^-*ing rediculous
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This is insane and its not just arena its all aspects of the game rofl
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard has minor excuses like business with Diablo 3 and MoP on the way to cover them for the PvP balance at the moment.

But this random DC'ing from running into walls stuff is just a flat game bug and needs to be fixed, as in NOW, losing arena games to stupid stuff like this is quite possibly some of the most infuriating crap at the moment.

/rantover
Reply Quote
ya happens to me alot i like to jump around at the start and i get dced instantly
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/06/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Moltke
ya happens to me alot i like to jump around at the start and i get dced instantly

I've lost sooooo many games because I always partner with healers that love to hop around in the Dalaran tube like a bunny. :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The DC is annoying, but the real killer is when you get back, sometimes your macros don't work, your Gladius / Frames might not appear, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I thought it was an addon or something. Last time it happened to me was today in Arathi Basin trying to run up the hill at Blacksmith....

Glad to know it's not just me. Hope it gets fixed soon!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]