Warlock tanking better not be an april fools

90 Undead Warlock
03/26/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Sildas
I'd argue either a baseline ability, or open it up to all three specs. Possibly (preferably) both.

Unfortunately, that's a hell of a lot of work. Demo tanking is build on top of Demo DPS, and it makes heavy use of it's unique resource and spec skills. Copy/pasting the glyph and applying it to Affliction and Destruction won't work, because they're just too different. They'd have to build a completely unique tanking system for both specs.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
03/27/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Fallensaint
I'd argue either a baseline ability, or open it up to all three specs. Possibly (preferably) both.

Unfortunately, that's a hell of a lot of work. Demo tanking is build on top of Demo DPS, and it makes heavy use of it's unique resource and spec skills. Copy/pasting the glyph and applying it to Affliction and Destruction won't work, because they're just too different. They'd have to build a completely unique tanking system for both specs.

They need to do something though. It's either going to be completely impractical to rely on (meaning, a complete waste), or you're going to force Warlocks into Demonology.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
03/26/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Nanohaxal
25man has two Claws to deal with on opposite sides of the room and someone has to soak some damage and not die.

And a second tank would probably be a better option given the Arms Warrior's low DPS and the ability to trade off Zon'ozz himself with CDs.

You do realize that Arms is currently one of the top DPS specs in the game, right?
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warlock
well, i read the Ghostcrawler announcement that Warlocks would not, in fact, be tanks.
I am feeling kind of depressed :(

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving

Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Isnt warlock tanking just like beast mastery pet tanking for hunters? If the group needs them to fill the roll i say let them try might be interesting, but don't make them another complete tanking class it would ruin the demo spec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]