Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 6

90 Night Elf Priest
Finally hit Outland for the first time. Is it just me or is it usual that suddenly tanks have a hard time holding aggro? My first dungeon I was shocked when everyone turned into a tank. After that I tried to stay ready. Usually have at least two tanks - a tank mage or another tank DK while the main DK tries to hold it together. Anyway:

First dungeon - I say "let me drink up, aggro was everywhere" - reply "What is agro?" I don't reply. I just get ready to heal/heal/heal. It's not too hard despite everyone getting hit and I get practice on my "circle of healing" spell.

Today's dungeon - I announce that i have to drink (oom) - tank actually waits for me but rogue just runs on by himself (not on stealth). He dies before tank can get threat back.

Same group. We get to a big room full of mobs - tank goes one way and guess what? rogue goes the other way by himself. (He must think he's a one man wonder!) I try to keep everyone up, but miss a beat and tank dies, then we all wipe.

The other two dps blame me - say i'm not healing. Fortunately the tank knew what was going on and he kicked the rogue and we moved on to an easy finish.

Oh, and I just got out of a group at Ramparts - DK tank said "I'm going to pull the whole room get ready heals" (she already couldn't hold threat on the first few trash mobs...)

Well before I can type "wait" she is gone, streaking down the hallway pulling everything. And you know what? They all attack me when I try to heal her. I die first. Then wipe. Big shocker. I ask her politely on the way back not to do that again. LOL
90 Undead Warlock
"My friend will be here soon, his mom is nagging him"
85 Human Paladin
I don't think I ever want to heal with a shaman again...

I dusted off my shaman I hadn't played in forever, and thought I'd try her as resto. She was in her mid 20s, so I thought that wouldn't be so bad since she didn't have too many abilities. Yet something about shaman healing was... difficult to me. It's not clicking for me like priest or pally did.

What really did help though, was that... every group I got was bad. Every. Group.

Tanks rushing and chain pulling to the point I couldn't spam the one heal, no no, I had to spam healing surge on them. Bye bye mana. But did anyone let me drink? Nope! It's all rush rush go go pull everything along with the boss too, hey we don't need to clean out trash! I even had some wipes. That is *so* disheartening as a healer, especially since I tried really hard but I just.. couldn't heal through some of the crap going on. Mages pulling for tanks, and oh, when everyone rezzed, and I had half my mana and people were low on HP, and I hadn't buffed and set out totems, you think the tank might wait? Nope.

In one group my friend was in he would have to shield me (he was a priest) since mobs attacked and I'd go jump around the tank and we're both thinking "Taunt? Taunt?? TAUNT???" Nope.

Zone in Gnomeregan. People fall off Gnomeregan. People stand in the cave when rocks fall. People say "lol" a lot. I develop ulcers.

I'm not sure whether to stick it out with my shaman and explore healing on her further and pick up some heirlooms for her or take today as a sign. Healing has never, ever been that catastrophic for me.
90 Human Paladin
I don't like to hear "oops, LOL" after someone shows extremely poor situational awareness, which results in a wipe due them backing into a pack of trash mobs we didn't need to fight, yet. I want to hear it even less when the same person causes another wipe less than 15 seconds after the group gets back on it's feet.

Dear Hunter,

It is is not necessary for you to slowly back up while you fight. You're in a dungeon group that has a tank holding aggro. You're not kiting a mob or another player. You're not currently trying to move out of "The Bad™". Walking backwards does not increase your leet deeps. What it does do, however, is face (butt?) pull stuff we don't need pulled. I'm a pretty good healer that doesn't panic when things get hairy, but I'm not a miracle worker. The tank we had wasn't good enough to handle that many mobs at once. Please save future groups repair bills by not being a complete dunderhead. I hope you never wonder why your class is affectionately known as "Huntards". You are the epitome of the stereotype.

Signed,

Slightly Annoyed Paladin
Edited by Rhodry on 3/28/2012 3:56 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Always the hunters isn't it? Or in me and my friend's case since hitting Outland, hunters and shamans... They don't let him charge or rend or thunderclap or whatever it is Warriors do to collect their aggro initially (I probably have it wrong. Sorry if I do - I'm no tank) because they're busy throwing chain lightning IN ALL THE PLACES at ALL THE THINGS before he even touches a mob.

I don't like seeing stupid loot disputes. Especially in low level dungeons...

If I see someone need against someone and win when their class/role has *no* use for that item, I gently mention it. Don't call them a ninja, I just mention it because 9 times out of 10 someone just rolled need on accident. When it's pointed out they're more than happy to trade it to the other person. Everyone's happy, and we keep on keeping on.

However, when agility gear drops, and you don't win it, you don't say to the other person "hey give me that" then proceed to throw a tantrum when they don't, then REPORT THEM for not giving it to you. Especially when it's a class that uses agility!! Not only is your drama bringing down the mood of the group, and making me want to forget to heal you, but making stupid reports like that is why people with actual issues have to wait 6 days for a response. Geez!
90 Draenei Priest
In the space of about 15 seconds after I healed a dungeon

[Somemage]: Hey tank and healer (me) wanna queue for another heroic?
[Me]: Sure I'll go again
[Otherguy]: Ok lets do another one
Your group is queuing for a dungeon. Please select your role.
[Otherguy]: Pally wants to heal
You have selected the following role: Damage.
You have been removed from the group.

This one I put down to "guild group douchebaggery." They spent most of the run talking in /party about their upcoming raids. They didn't give a moments thought to the possibility I might have a killer shadow set. To them, all of their LFD friends are disposable.
90 Draenei Priest
And a different story from a few days ago... We did Foe Reaper, and I asked "Who is going to drive?"

But before you know it, the tank has pulled, hes just tanking the boss in the middle of the floor, all three DPS had popped their cooldowns and Foe Reaper just fell over. Fight lasted about 30 sec.

I just cracked up laughing, since I get the feeling that the tank genuinely didn't know better, and the rest of the guys were just too lazy to run all the way to the top to jump aboard.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was on my fresh 85 Lock and my tank friend was healing. Since I have a Brez I watch health bars when I don't need to look at my timers. Shes not the best healer but even so I don't think that tank should be dropping so fast and hard when he has full T13.

...Wait. Transmog. I better inspect...

Warrior tank in Holy Paladin gear ._.

He had like four RF tanking pieces, belt boots one trinket and the shield.

I asked her if she had inspected him and she was like "No I just thought I sucked." She inspected him and almost blew my ear off with how loud she started screaming ._.
Dear Hunter,

It is is not necessary for you to slowly back up while you fight.

If you continue to do so, I will Leap of Faith you into minimum range.
100 Tauren Shaman
Last night, decided to do a bear run with my GM who tanked, and another guildmate who's dps is just uber leet. I was healing on this toon because I wanted the mount.

Any who... My GM immediately looks at the warrior's hp and says to us in guild chat "Kick him. his HP is too low and his dps will probably be too low." I say "we'll be fine." The hunter or the warrior asks if this will be a bear run because obviously, the three of us are overgeared and I say yes. So we rush along the first pull and the first gauntlet just fine. The warrior is doing 12k dps, which is just fine when you have a 30k dps mage with you. The hunter was pulling 15-18k. So I tell my GM "See, the warrior's dps is fine."

Queue warrior who stands around down the stairs and my GM pulls. My guildmate, being the nice guy that he usually is says "hurry, get up here" but the warrior doesnt move or budge. I'm thinking 'great, I went out of my way to keep this guy in and he has to go afk in bear run?' Ugh. So we down the boss and of course the warrior is dead. Both my GM and guildmate stop to rez him. I would have made him walk. He doesn't take the rez and we're almost to bear boss before I could kick him myself.

I stuck my neck out for that warrior =[ the least he could have done was leave the group or at least say "afk". Felt like it was my duty to kick him out before someone else got the chance...

Lets see. I think this is my 7th successful bear run. Did I win the roll? Of course not... But I did get it, finally.
I queued for a satchel on my Pally Tank and got End Time. They were on the second boss, who happened to be Jaina. We had a Pally Healer, as well.

I popped in, saw that Jaina was up and wondered why the tank left. I take a looksee around and notice that every mob around Jaina was still patting. Aha. I commented to the group that I was going to clear all of the side mobs first, and the SPriest replied with "Good luck". I cocked my head a bit with confusion, but continued on my merry way.

The dps was fine as far as I could tell, not omgawesome, but mobs were going down quickly enough, and they knew to kill the Priest first. My health was also dropping pretty quickly though, and I'm the type of tank who uses my DR cooldowns liberally. I don't often have to use my Guardian and pop Ardent Defender on trash, though. I was getting heals, I could hear WoG going off on me (When I wasn't using it on myself), but there seemed to be a lengthy pause between heals.

Oh well. I continue to use my many cooldowns on the trash, pop WoG on myself whenever it's off cooldown, and we eventually down all three mobs around Jaina with no deaths. I noticed that the healer was almost at mid mana, so I let them know I'd wait for them to drink up, which they did. I asked if everyone was ready, and the healer replied with "Whatever". So I went.

Not much to say about Jaina, really. I was still watching my health like a hawk when I wasn't interrupting Frost Bolts, though.

Trash before Murozond and the boss himself were kinda uneventful. I'm surprised I didn't die on the trash. The Hunter and Rogue were pro enough to cc the casters, too. One of the ranged agreed to get Hourglass, and everyone got into position but the healer, who was still back by the hourglass and out of my range. I asked the healer specifically if they were ready, and then they ran in and said yeah.

Boss went down fine, whoever was getting the HG was awesome at it. The healer seemed to enjoy eating breath attacks with me, though...I had to use WoG a few times on them.

Not sure what was up with that healer all in all. I know their gear wasn't an issue. Maybe I'll just have to chalk it up to the fact that I have very little luck with people from their server. A cookie to whoever guesses what server I'm talking about.

As a side note, I hate switching toons to queue for a satchel, and by the time I switch, the satchel is gone. Never fails.

Edit: Why do the forums keep on shoving my last two (not)paragraphs together? >:\
Edited by Devilcat on 3/28/2012 8:44 AM PDT
03/28/2012 04:34 AMPosted by Lyndice
They don't let him charge or rend or thunderclap or whatever it is Warriors do to collect their aggro initially

Charge + Rend -> thunderclap should get aggro of everything around the warrior long enough to get a Cleave off and a second thunderclap. First part takes MAYBE 3 seconds to do...hardly anything long enough to wear at ones patience....and yet....

(even though I haven't played for a few days....gerr...) I am leveling my new warrior as prot(kudos to Malrius for making me try, I always sucked at it before, Now I finally get it...) and obviously tanking dungeons. I anticipated some really annoying things: DPS pulling for me, impatient DPS, nooby healers in wrong gear/wrong spells, etc. What I didn't expect was the pretty much always getting that DPS who CANNOT WAIT for me to get my max AoE rotation off at the start of a pull, and open up with CH/Flamestrike/thunderclap/multi-shot/etc. and peel off me....then run around like a chicken with their head cut off, dragging half the mobs away ....

Or worse yet...when a warrior DPS has Taunt macroed into his attacks somehow....

DK's in Outland are going to be FUN!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/28/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Oldwolfe
(even though I haven't played for a few days....gerr...) I am leveling my new warrior as prot(kudos to Malrius for making me try, I always sucked at it before, Now I finally get it...) and obviously tanking dungeons. I anticipated some really annoying things: DPS pulling for me, impatient DPS, nooby healers in wrong gear/wrong spells, etc. What I didn't expect was the pretty much always getting that DPS who CANNOT WAIT for me to get my max AoE rotation off at the start of a pull, and open up with CH/Flamestrike/thunderclap/multi-shot/etc. and peel off me....then run around like a chicken with their head cut off, dragging half the mobs away ....

For that reason I do Charge -> Cleave -> Rend -> Tclap, even at 85 they won't wait.

Edit:: If you can try to save rage so you can Heroic Leap into the mobs for initial aggro when you get it.
Edited by Siasish on 3/28/2012 10:29 AM PDT
03/28/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Siasish

For that reason I do Charge -> Cleave -> Rend -> Tclap, even at 85 they won't wait.

Being that I am a total noon with warrior tanking, I've been planning on using a Charge -> Shockwave-> Rend(macroed with Cleave) -> Thunderclap combo once I get Shockwave, but until then I have been using a Charge -> Thunderclap -> Rend then run to the next group so when I TC it will spread Rend all over the place.

It works, and thank's to Heirlooms and 30 sec Shield Block.....it works pretty well.
I've been debating trying my hand at tanking, but I don't know...

Anyway, I hopped on my Druid (This one) to try healing for a bit. First instance pops up, Blackrock Spire.
Everything seemed fine initially, starting clean...
Wait...

The Hunter. Always the Hunter. This one had Aspect of the Pack on, and apparently didn't want to read chat, know how to switch aspects, and was impatient.

Chat read something like this:
[Me]: Hunter, change aspect please.
{Wait a while}
[Me]: Hunter, aspect change!
[Tank]: Hunter, change out of pack!
{Silence, no change}

At this point, the hunter pulled the first trash pack. Seriously? We down the mobs, and the Hunter finally notices.
You would think that at this point they would change, right?
Nope. They go on to LoS the next group, pack is still on.
/kick

The rest of the run is fine, except for an accidental pull and wipe, but it was at the beginning, so no worries.
I had to leave before we finished, but there were no major problems after that.
Edited by Grishmak on 3/28/2012 1:34 PM PDT
03/28/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Grishmak
I've been debating trying my hand at tanking, but I don't know...

It's fun, just make sure to stay abreast of all your abilities. My mistake(yes, I realize what it was now) was that I would level my warrior up a decent bit, then jump into tanking...and pretty much get my !@#$ kicked in the process because I had no CLUE what I was doing.

Don't fall into that trap, learned the role as it progresses.
100 Dwarf Priest
I know it's not the right forum for it but I'm leveling my prot warrior now too and low level tanking irritates me more than I can ever remember healing irritating me.

Marks might as well not exist. Focus fire is for pussies. DPS thinks we can handle a few more mobs so they go get 'em. Have aggro? Run away! Mobs that stun? More mobs! Fear? More mobs!
90 Human Paladin
Rustbeard/Oldwolfe

Your experiences with tanking are why I hung that hat up long, long ago. I used to enjoy tanking back when people still seemed to give a crap about good group play-- no matter the level. The game changed a lot in the two or so years I was gone. When I came back what I saw in the (new to me) LFD tool was horrifying. It was when I started leveling up other characters through LFD and such that I saw where the horrid play at 85 got it's roots..I never understand what's so difficult about waiting an extra two seconds for the tank to pull. I fail to see why it's so difficult to bring the add to the tank if you pull aggro. Why can't people understand that although heirloom gear is good, it doesn't make you invincible. A lot of bad habits seem to get formed during the leveling process, and ultimately they wind up causing wipes in heroic mode 5 mans.

Anyway, to come back on topic of this being a place for healers to "vent"..

I healed my first dungeon as an 85 this morning. Regular Grim Batol. What a taxing experience that was. I had joined a run that was already in progress, so maybe that should have been a sign. I instantly wondered why they had lost their other healer. Had they been kicked for sucking, or was it a case of the healer being fed up with healing dingbats? I soon had my answer...

The tank, a paladin, did not seem to have any understanding of how to use their mitigation cool downs. I don't expect flawless play in every run I go into, but I do expect people to know how to use all the tools available to them. On top of that, there was a rogue that simply could not understand that it's not a good idea to stand in bad stuff. Didn't bother to step out of the trash mob's "whirlwinds". Seriously, dude, you go from full health to almost dead in the blink of an eye. The only reason he didn't die a bunch of times is because I realized that he was a bonehead and healed him accordingly. Thank goodness for Beacon of Light, Holy Radiance and Divine Light. Oh, "Holy Bro" came in handy a time or two as well...

The rogue continued to be a pain in the butt to keep up for the entire run, based simply on his inability to not stand in stuff that wanted to kill him... Really didn't help that the tank needed more attention than was necessary, either.

At any rate, that singular run sapped my desire to PvE heal for the day. Been running BG's ever since and have been converting honor to justice points.....
85 Troll Priest
I was healing Fall of Deathwing in LFR today, and after Blackthorn (And after about half of the raid had dropped group, all of them from Mal'Ganis) we got a Tank that had never tanked LFR before. By that time, it had shoved me into the Raid Lead position (Finally able to pull my fourth guildie into my group. :D), and when the tank had mentioned he had never tanked, I asked if he had at least read up on the fights.

"ive dpsd it"

Well then, okay. That's better than nothing, I suppose. Someone started Spine, and I spent my time between healing explaining the fight to the Tank (And any clueless dps). The new tank was on the Amalg, and I told him to pull the Amalg through the bloods at about 20% health, and repeated it when the Amalg was at that health level. Twice he waited until the last possible moment to do it (Thank god the DPS knew to stop dpsing), all the while claiming he knew what he was doing. By the time we got to the third Amalg, I was a bit annoyed with the tank for being so slow to move the Amalg.

So...when the Amalg hit 20%, I Leap of Faithed the tank through the bloods. Win. /dance

Anyway, we finished Spine and moved on to Madness. And again, between healing spurts I was giving out directions. Probably only half of the dps switched to the Bolts, and the melee completely ignored the first two or three bloods. On the fourth platform, I sent out a raid warning telling everyone to single target the Blistering Tentacles. I think, again, only half of the dps listened to that. I had my Divine Hymn ready, and my self and a few other healers popped cooldowns. We still lost a good chunk of people though.

On the final platform, we had only half our raid left, and the Healers were on over-drive. We were slowly losing people, and the dps only killed the first set of adds and focused on the boss after that.

Only half the raid left, mind you again.

The two big adds were running rampant, both of the tanks died, everyone else is slowly dropping off...

I die...And I pop my Divine Hymn in my spirit form (Win!).

We downed Madness just as the final person died. A demo Lock.

No rezzes.

Good times...
Edited by Akaeya on 3/28/2012 8:06 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]