Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 6

87 Blood Elf Priest
Just finished a nice End Time with a couple guildies, and oh boy did we get a tank.

Alright geared, pops cooldowns a little sparingly, but not too bad. The issue? He couldn't hold aggro if it was grafted to his hand. All my disc friend had to do was bubble the Paladin tank twenty seconds into the fight and he had half the packs in the Azure shrine on him. And I can't even mention how ridiculous it was for me and my Fire mage friend.

The tank immediately started complaining that we're not attacking what he is (because a single Shadow Word: Pain and a Living Bomb pulls so much threat on a target you've AS'd, right?). So the fight after he stated that, Fire mage and I sat out. With only the healer and his 5k dps shaman friend to contend with for aggro, the healer snagged aggro 10 seconds into the fight and the tank couldn't peel off of him.

Then he tried to wipe us on the final boss. Too bad that between the three of us, Mirror Images, Invisibility, Fade, Ice Block, and Dispersion takes care of any threat and damage, along with a free 5 resets on those. Not to mention Pain Suppression, mastery-buffed Shields, Power Word: Barrier....
100 Gnome Priest
05/01/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Onigiri
People are strange.

Indeed.
90 Draenei Priest
Drahga Shadowburner. A warlock has just survived Invocation of Flame with a sliver of health left thanks to Power Word: Shield, then died to the next Invocation of Flame despite having Power Word: Shield.
Warlock: You guys need to run away from the adds and attack them.
Me: But you got hit?
Warlock: I dropped my mouse, don't assume I'm bad

Surely being able to hold your mouse is the least we expect from you...

Drahga Shadowburner. A DPS DK has just died to Invocation of Flame.
DK: !@#$
DK: Was walking backwards too slow

Priceless.
88 Draenei Shaman
Just finished a nice End Time with a couple guildies, and oh boy did we get a tank.

Alright geared, pops cooldowns a little sparingly, but not too bad. The issue? He couldn't hold aggro if it was grafted to his hand. All my disc friend had to do was bubble the Paladin tank twenty seconds into the fight and he had half the packs in the Azure shrine on him. And I can't even mention how ridiculous it was for me and my Fire mage friend.

The tank immediately started complaining that we're not attacking what he is (because a single Shadow Word: Pain and a Living Bomb pulls so much threat on a target you've AS'd, right?). So the fight after he stated that, Fire mage and I sat out. With only the healer and his 5k dps shaman friend to contend with for aggro, the healer snagged aggro 10 seconds into the fight and the tank couldn't peel off of him.

Then he tried to wipe us on the final boss. Too bad that between the three of us, Mirror Images, Invisibility, Fade, Ice Block, and Dispersion takes care of any threat and damage, along with a free 5 resets on those. Not to mention Pain Suppression, mastery-buffed Shields, Power Word: Barrier....

(⌐■_■)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
( •_•) <MOTHER OF GOD
81 Gnome Death Knight
05/01/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Katherina
He couldn't hold aggro if it was grafted to his hand.

He must have forgotten to put on Righteous Fury and had terrible ability usage.

Tanking I typically pull north of 20k dps in my prot offset on that fight. Heck, I could probably tank in my holy gear and still keep agro from 5k dps. I only say probably because I never tried it.
87 Blood Elf Priest
(⌐■_■)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
( •_•) <MOTHER OF GOD
That is a beautiful set of emotes and you are an awesome person for using them.

But yeah. At least we discovered that it's nigh impossible to try and get a boss to kill a Shadowpriest, Disc Priest, or a Fire Mage in the HoT dungeons. :D
87 Blood Elf Priest
05/02/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Kahzregi
He couldn't hold aggro if it was grafted to his hand.

He must have forgotten to put on Righteous Fury and had terrible ability usage.

Tanking I typically pull north of 20k dps in my prot offset on that fight. Heck, I could probably tank in my holy gear and still keep agro from 5k dps. I only say probably because I never tried it.
That's the funny thing, after the first pull where everything was going everywhere, we whined for him to put RF on. He did, and there was so little improvement I was wondering if he was taking it off mid-combat to troll us.

For ability usage, I saw Avenging Fury and the orange/yellow light signaling Holy Shield and a Divine Protection mini-bubble. Not a single GoAK or Ardent Defender was seen by all three of us, though we may have been focusing elsewhere and missed them.

Then we went into combat with Jaina (sp?), and the Fire Mage and I swapped off having aggro. Yeah, 38k and 37k respective dps can be a pain to keep aggro on, but still.

And I have no doubts you could keep aggro. Even without that nice tank dps of yours, I'm assuming you know what abilities you have that pull massive threat. :3
81 Gnome Death Knight
05/02/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Katherina
And I have no doubts you could keep aggro. Even without that nice tank dps of yours, I'm assuming you know what abilities you have that pull massive threat. :3

Nah, that dps is mostly from wings uptime on Muroznod. It's cheating in a way. :)

Plus if the healer looks bored I have a hit / exp set I can throw on while still keeping the CTC cap.

We get way too many Conq tokens in our raid group and only two of us can use them. I think I'm next in line for a heroic chest for my offset. I have two ret pieces simply because it was either get a third set of tier gear or vendor them.
88 Draenei Shaman
Did the paladin use taunt at all or consecration? I can see with that high dps threat can be a bit of an issue but still... he must of just been white attacking. I'm seriously trying to figure out what would cause that and Im just drawing a blank.
87 Blood Elf Priest
05/02/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Ichwill
Did the paladin use taunt at all or consecration? I can see with that high dps threat can be a bit of an issue but still... he must of just been white attacking. I'm seriously trying to figure out what would cause that and Im just drawing a blank.
I didn't see Consecration go out at all, but I may have missed it. As for taunting? If he did, he didn't follow it up with an attack to keep aggro; after I peeled a melee and a Sorceress mob off the healer, they wailed on me till Fire Mage and I took them down after everything else was dead.
100 Gnome Priest
05/02/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Ichwill

From my experience playing a paladin as tank (which was levels 15-85), you just need to hit HotR on cooldown and you will never lose aggro on anything within 8 yards. At level 84 I was holding aggro off of dps doing 20k+ helping their buddies level. I can't see how any pally tank could NOT hold threat.
100 Worgen Druid
I was on my under geared Disc Priest.

Tank queues in, is in full (and I mean full) DPS gear. No tank gems, no tank enchants, no tank reforging.

He says "I just felt like trying this out".

>.>
40 Blood Elf Priest
Just had this happen. Was in LFR on my holy pally on Madness. We were on the third platform and I was just auto attacking the tentacle with the occasion judgement refresh to gain back mana. The corruption came out but I just stayed auto attacking the tentacle because I was still in range to heal everyone.

All of a sudden a pally says: (My holy pally's name), switch targets u f*g.

I'm thinking, wth??

My reply: I'm a HOLY PALLY and I'm auto attacking for mana!! Who are u calling a f*g??

I look a little later into the fight and I'm just shocked again. The pally that just called me out for being a "bad dps" is a fellow holy pally.

And because I'm still grumbly, I mouth off at him at the end of the fight. He never responds to me the whole time. This was just a /head slap moment =/
05/02/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Koban

From my experience playing a paladin as tank (which was levels 15-85), you just need to hit HotR on cooldown and you will never lose aggro on anything within 8 yards. At level 84 I was holding aggro off of dps doing 20k+ helping their buddies level. I can't see how any pally tank could NOT hold threat.

tank threat, if they have an IQ over 12 is a joke
early in Cata, when my tank pally was still leveling(after my shammy and at the same time as my DK), as a lvl 81 tank with lvl 85dps'ers we did Maly as a guild... my pally was the only one who had the key so I got to tank it... the TANK was the lowest level, lowest dps(by a ton) and lowest hitpoints... yet Maly was on me like glue
85 Undead Priest
I think all of my fellow healers can have a cathartic moment with this one. I was healing Vortex Pinnacle with my 84 druid, and got put in after the second boss. I had no clue why the last healer left, but upon hearing the phrase "butthurt" from the tank, I knew I was dealing with some immature mo-fo's. It was myself, a hunter, a DK, the druid tank, and a buddy of his who was a mage.

So, we get to Asaad, and the tank stands in the lightning, spinning around, and dies. I walk away because I can tell that it's a troll at this point. Everyone rezzes and runs back except for the tank and his buddy, who refuse - REFUSE - to walk back. I tell them that I might rez the mage, but I'm not rezzing the tank because he outright STOOD in the lightning without even making an attempt to get in the field. Some of this might be paraphrased, as I'm losing the text log as I write:

Tank: WTF heals, why didn't you brez me?
Me: Because you were standing in the lightning and didn't move. I'm not wasting a brez on you just to have you stand in the lightning again.
DK: Good. He'll just do it again.
Tank: Well it's half your fault. I stood in the lightning, you didn't rez me.
Me: I'm not brezzing you, because you stood in the lightning, and I'm not rezzing you, because you stood in the lightning. You can run back.
Mage: WTF did I do?
Me: I might rez the mage, but I'm not rezzing you, tank.
Tank: We're not walking.
Mage leaves
Tank: You can wait 40 min for a tank
Tank: or rez and beat final boss
Me: F**k off, fail tank.
Hunter: lol
Hunter: ^^
Tank: The choice is yours.
Me: I can tank, so no big loss.
Me: Peace out.
Tank: Who says I'm leaving?
Tank leaves the party
The vote to kick tank has passed.

Me: The kick does.

LITERALLY - not joking, LITERALLY - five seconds later.

New tank joins the party.

Everyone just LOST it. Many lol's around, and we took Asaad down without a problem. :) No JP bonus for the tank, and he gets to work his way through another dungeon to get there. Justice has been served (no pun intended).
Edited by Gotahvwraith on 5/2/2012 8:29 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
^ I love that when tanks think that the dps and healers will just grovel at their feet 'cause of their overinflated egos for being a meat shield. It's especially fun on my 395 geared warrior or dk to switch specs and wave goodbye as the kick goes through. If I'm not in the mood to tank I can wait the whole minute or less it takes to fill the spot. <pst....guess what...you're not a special snowflake, especially since tank threat got such a massive boost and everybody and their dog plays it now>
90 Gnome Priest

All of a sudden a pally says: (My holy pally's name), switch targets u f*g.

I'm thinking, wth??

My reply: I'm a HOLY PALLY and I'm auto attacking for mana!! Who are u calling a f*g??

/

Use this as a teaching moment. Instead of responding like how you did, write "Lol, hater".
85 Undead Priest
^ I love that when tanks think that the dps and healers will just grovel at their feet 'cause of their overinflated egos for being a meat shield. It's especially fun on my 395 geared warrior or dk to switch specs and wave goodbye as the kick goes through. If I'm not in the mood to tank I can wait the whole minute or less it takes to fill the spot. <pst....guess what...you're not a special snowflake, especially since tank threat got such a massive boost and everybody and their dog plays it now>

Seriously, it drives me nuts when troll (not Troll) tanks - and their cronies - think that they can hold a PuG hostage because of their shorter queue times. I feel even worse for DPS in that situation, as they're stuck with the longest queue time of anyone.

I'm going to lobby for a new title: Gotahvwraith the Hostage Buster.
100 Draenei Paladin
04/30/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Akailia
I wonder if there is a secret club where the good hunters hang out and queue for dungeons in groups?

If there is, I'm waiting for my invite.

^^^
Oh god this...I need to find those groups!!
90 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Koban

I've had a paladin tank who solely used single target abilities on large pulls. He didn't stop until I called him out on it. I'm guessing this was probably a similar situation. It wiped us in ZA :(
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]