Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 6

85 Human Paladin
And now for something different.

"My mouse just died!"

"choking"

Things my friend probably didn't want to hear from me tonight when we were playing and he was tanking. XD But we finished things and had fun poking around Old Hillsbrad regardless of misadventures. Lots of neat things there and a nice variety of human models they should have polished for using. *_*
85 Tauren Priest
I did BH yesterday and we shamefully wiped on the boss. I asked for the meters and I had done 40% more healing than the Holy Pally. I asked him why he wasn't using Holy Radiance, he then said it was because he was a "single targed specced healer". I then told him he'd heal so much more using it on stack fights (which is what that fight was) he then said he didn't wanna go OOM and stating it was like 10k mana.

Needless to say, we replaced him and downed the boss.
Edited by Lutecia on 3/29/2012 12:21 AM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Just a musing from my last run...

If a tank goes into a heroic dungeon in heirlooms, greens and the odd unenchanted blue and gets carried through by a iLvl 389 healer, is he being inconsiderate, or is he just meta-gaming?

If the goal of the game is to progress your character, and the game evolves so that you reasonably can expect to get carried through a dungeon, then aren't you playing smart by utilizing the overpowered players in LFD?
90 Pandaren Shaman
Recently while leveling my Holy paladin. (in all cloth/healing mace BOA's) I am new to H. Pally healing, but I am not new to healing.

Got Shadowfang Keep (I was lvl18 to start).

the first trash pulls went absolutely stupid..kept LOS of me...someone died then while rezing the tank continued down the hall pulling...then he died I try rez him and hunter pulls...this continues till I /Y "STOP GIVE ME A SEC TO REORGANIZE THIS MESS"

Finally, got everyone up...mana up...good to go.

The tank is taking a bit more damage than I expected but thats cool...BOA's carrying me. we get to 3rd boss...Springvale I think? going ok...then BAM...70% to 0 in like 1 hit.

Of course, I am very worried about my performance...as the warrior is berrating me. But we don't wipe, in fact, the mage tanked it with very little issue.

hmmm...yep...I inspected him. 2 greens the rest gray. WTF....ok I don't mind an undergeared tank while leveling...I would not even have minded him being in Greys...but don't you dare talk down to me when you come in like this. (he died every boss fight after that so the mage could tank the rest of them..LOL.

It reminded me of a Monastary run some time ago on my priest. The tank was dead after almost every pull...but NO one else was killed. it is pretty bad when you can heal good enough for a dps to tank, but the tank can't take the hits.
85 Draenei Shaman
03/29/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Dominish
If the goal of the game is to progress your character, and the game evolves so that you reasonably can expect to get carried through a dungeon, then aren't you playing smart by utilizing the overpowered players in LFD?

He's being conniving, imo. Smart and inconsiderate.

I'm pretty lenient with undergeared tanks, because some of the best tanks I've had in LFD were either undergeared or full PvP geared. But if they're making it harder than it should be, they're going to pay for it either in repair bills or embarrassment.
Rustbeard/Oldwolfe

Your experiences with tanking are why I hung that hat up long, long ago. I used to enjoy tanking back when people still seemed to give a crap about good group play-- no matter the level. The game changed a lot in the two or so years I was gone. When I came back what I saw in the (new to me) LFD tool was horrifying. It was when I started leveling up other characters through LFD and such that I saw where the horrid play at 85 got it's roots..I never understand what's so difficult about waiting an extra two seconds for the tank to pull. I fail to see why it's so difficult to bring the add to the tank if you pull aggro. Why can't people understand that although heirloom gear is good, it doesn't make you invincible. A lot of bad habits seem to get formed during the leveling process, and ultimately they wind up causing wipes in heroic mode 5 mans.

I associate it with lolheroics from Wrath. SO MANY PEOPLE got toons pretty much maxxed out(apart from raiding) so fas with heroics in wrath that they then started alts....and these new fangled things called "heirlooms" and then started using their normal "lolheroics" play in low level dungeons.

That was the first, the FIRST, time I ever heard a lvl 15-60 dungeon referred to as "lol, this is easy...just zerg it." Then again, around 3.2, BC dungeons were referred to in the same way. Now Wrath dungeons have been given that same label.

You know, even in BC, leveling my druid alt, I NEVER had a group in an instance refer to "zerging" it or calling it so easy you could ignore a key mechanic, NEVER, unless we had someone giving us a run, which is a different matter altogether.

Granted there were stupid people in dungeons at those times, but they were usually shouted down/booted so quickly that they didn't really cause a problem. Caution was encouraged and rashness was not tolerated....the reverse is now true... /facepalm /headdesk /wrist
85 Troll Priest
That was the first, the FIRST, time I ever heard a lvl 15-60 dungeon referred to as "lol, this is easy...just zerg it." Then again, around 3.2, BC dungeons were referred to in the same way. Now Wrath dungeons have been given that same label.

Even while leveling a baby priest with zero heirloom gear, a lot of the lower level dungeons are still ridiculously easy. One of the few exceptions, imo, is Stratholme. That place BLOWS. I've had many a wipes there from people trying to zerg.
03/29/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Akaeya

Even while leveling a baby priest with zero heirloom gear, a lot of the lower level dungeons are still ridiculously easy. One of the few exceptions, imo, is Stratholme. That place BLOWS. I've had many a wipes there from people trying to zerg.

True, anyone who knows what they are doing will find any dungeon easy.....but only when the group doesn't exceed their limits. 9 times out of 10 there will be someone in the group who doesn't know how much they can handle and they push/get pushed too far and a wipe occurs.
03/29/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Akaeya
Even while leveling a baby priest with zero heirloom gear, a lot of the lower level dungeons are still ridiculously easy.

Love the Soul Warding talent. Instant Shield with a 1 second CD. Makes thing so much easier!

03/29/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Oldwolfe
/facepalm /headdesk /wrist

/regrowth /rejuvenation
The above combo is something I use frequently.
90 Human Paladin
I associate it with lolheroics from Wrath. SO MANY PEOPLE got toons pretty much maxxed out(apart from raiding) so fas with heroics in wrath that they then started alts....and these new fangled things called "heirlooms" and then started using their normal "lolheroics" play in low level dungeons.

You know, even in BC, leveling my druid alt, I NEVER had a group in an instance refer to "zerging" it or calling it so easy you could ignore a key mechanic, NEVER, unless we had someone giving us a run, which is a different matter altogether.

Granted there were stupid people in dungeons at those times, but they were usually shouted down/booted so quickly that they didn't really cause a problem. Caution was encouraged and rashness was not tolerated....the reverse is now true... /facepalm /headdesk /wrist
Ah, yes.

I quit very early on in Wrath. Didn't get to see the regression of game play as it happened. Rather, I was back handed by it when I came back to wow a few months ago.

You're making me pine for the days of Vannilla/TBC, at least from a group-play perspective.
85 Tauren Priest
"Burn the boss fast!"

...yeah, I'm sure it's a good idea to ignore the adds, including both Elementium Terrors, with only one tank alive during the last phase of Madness in LFR. Miraculously we somehow managed to not wipe.
90 Gnome Warlock
I zoned into stonecore today, and we begin, warrior charges in, and is immediately leap of faithed back to the group by the shadow priest.
the priest types lol in all caps while the tank scrambles to interrupt everything and gather the mobs back to him while all the dps attack their own target

we do it and the tank keeps pulling, onto the next group types LOL and drops the group,
we might have survived it but, the healer was gearing up, 80ish k mana and no plate wearers or bears in the party

the dps priest who leap of faithed, man what a jerk tank!
healer- yeah cant take a joke
glancing at my party it seems the healer and 2 dps are in the same guild... duhhhhhhhh

obviously neither can you guys
*you have been removed from group*
i wouldnt have wanted to be the healer in that even if it was a guild run.
90 Goblin Priest
I was in a random dungeon, on my resto druid, doing heroic ET. I had a warrior tank who was squishy as all hell. I did on average at least 16k HPS the whole time. I've only hit those kinds of numbers on my druid in the troll heroics. Twice, I had to pop tree just *for the tank* alone and on trash packs, no less. Like, there was melee DPS but no one else was really taking damage. It was that bad.

He only started to (sparingly) use ONE of his CDs after the first boss (last stand.) We wiped twice, needless to say. And the wiping was more because he didn't wait for me. Like, after the first wipe, I go back in and sit to drink. He runs to the third area to pull those horrible mobs. We wipe again.

And then, if that weren't enough... he and the DPS all decide these wipes are me. 16k average and much higher on some trash and I was a !@#$ty healer. Hell, the tank had one of those addons that announce him using his CDs (or lack thereof) and still they thought it was my fault. The tank started making all these snarky comments that he didn't trust me with the hourglass. The enhance shammy kept throwing down HR (while forgetting lust.)

I should've quit. >< But there was the satchel! I feel so used. ;_;
43 Blood Elf Mage
On my shaman yesterday, I queued for a random norm, and got Lost City. Paladin tank, first pull.. terrifying. Huge amounts of damage, I'm throwing out Greater Healing Waves like they're candy. He was basically losing the health I healed instantly.

So, we get through first pull, and I drop a Mana Tide, since I'm low. Second pull, just as bad. This time I have to drink. Hover over tank and see on my tooltip "Retribution".

So, I mention it to him. Two of the DPS tell him to change it, he queued as tank.

Paladin: "It doesn't matter, it's not like this is heroic."
Me: "It's still extremely hard to heal you."
Paladin: "Not really. *pulls the boss*"
Me: "Oh, I didn't realise you were also the healer."

Telling me that it wasn't hard to heal him is what really ticked me off. He commented that his health was way higher than most tanks who run normals, so I shouldn't complain. Really though, it doesn't matter if you have 200k health, if you're losing a quarter of it from every hit.
85 Troll Priest
03/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Grishmak
Even while leveling a baby priest with zero heirloom gear, a lot of the lower level dungeons are still ridiculously easy.

Love the Soul Warding talent. Instant Shield with a 1 second CD. Makes thing so much easier

Actually, I'm leveling her mainly as Holy. I tried Disc, but I can't say that I'm very fond of it. And at any rate, without BoA gear bubbles are expensive to cast at the earlier levels.
Edited by Akaeya on 3/30/2012 8:18 AM PDT
85 Troll Priest
I'm currently sitting in a dungeon (BRD, to be exact. At the Grim Guzzler) waiting for a tank on my baby Priest. I got in to this group when they were a few bosses in, and noticed that the hunter was needing on everything. When he needed a pair of green agil/spirit boots, I got a bit annoyed, because he was wearing blue boots and hunters haven't used spirit in ages anyway. So I set up a vote to kick with the reason "Needing on everything."

It passed.

The tank then proceeds to rage and says (exactly) "Screw you for kicking me little pet" before dropping the group. I belatedly realize that they were from the same server. Then another dps left.

I suppose I should have asked him to stop first before just putting up a v2k. I have a feeling either he or the tank would have gotten douchey, though. Oh well...

Still waiting on a tank...
Edited by Akaeya on 3/30/2012 3:33 PM PDT
95 Tauren Shaman
*waits for priest from last night's ZA bear run*

lol omg, I know as a healer, I would have been just pissed if I was healing my group last night, haha!

My group consisted of me on my bear, my GM on his warrior, a guildie on his ret Pally, and another guildie on her boomkin. The healer was this disc priest with only 80k mp. Omg I felt terrible for him the whole time. My GM was a bit on the drunk side and was rush pulling instead of letting me do it. I almost let him die once... But the priest rightly let him die at least 3 times that run, lol. I was moving along quickly and was always watching the priests mana. I'd pop out and innervate him. My boomkin guildie would do the same, lol. But omg, I felt so bad for the priest!
90 Human Paladin
Haha!

I wager if I zoned into ZA and wound up with a guild group wanting to do a bear run, I'd of been mortified from the start.

"Oh crap, oh crap, I'm gonna failbot hard and get kicked! GAAAAHHHH, where's my rum bottle!"
86 Human Priest
No power in the verse would make me heal a 4 person guild bear run with me being the odd lady out

ya know that time between killing the lynx boss and that silly troll (sorry Akaeya) running around opening random chests?

Pretty sure, even if i performed in tiptop shape, id get the boot, now, this being if i didnt already have a bear, but, the guild dont know me, would kick me outta spite

whys all the rum gone when i zone into stonecore?
it involves a buncha undergeared dps, a tank whos on the cusp of being in zandalaris, and a rather dense frost mage and the 1st boss

we get to it, and the mage says oh man i hate this boss
me- its easy, just- dont stand in crystal barrage, and then, aoe it down
-tank oh and dont stand in the cloud of dust

so! the fight begins... and goes on.. and on... the crystal shards come, no one kills em, it kills our hunter
no bigger we have 2 more- oops! the crystal shards come again, this time its me they knock out
we all die horribly

mage- see i hate this boss its impossible
your not aoeing down the shards!
mage is silent, doesnt do his job and we wipe again, but seconds before he is about to die, he drops group

Its sort of the feeling i get where the 8k dpser says, wow ive never finshed this place before! why am i still here?

OH and tonight marked my last assault in LFR its dominated by griefers, time to pvp
Edited by Nataleiya on 3/30/2012 8:19 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
In Heroic ZG, first day of patch 4.1. I'm sitting at 355 ilevel, in a few raid epics, so I'm confident that I can heal this, no big deal.

"Hey, am I supposed to kill these cats or should I keep hitting the boss?" (In reference to the panther boss.)

"Cats..."

The two ranged get nailed by waves and are near death when...

Suddenly, phase 2! -.- The DK who ignored the panthers he was specifically told to kill does enough damage to push the phase. We died. Hard. I'm a decent healer, but far from a miracle worker.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]