Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 6

^ This. Agility/hit. All blue gems...It was not fun. I think we could have survived better had he used a few cds though.

Ouch. When tanking on my bear I keep Barksin constantly on cooldown, and use Berserk often, saving Frenzied(glyphed) for big AoE damage and Survival Instincts for when I know I will take a big hit.

Proper cooldown usage is key to bears, even just using Barksin often makes a HUGE difference.
100 Tauren Shaman
Haha!

I wager if I zoned into ZA and wound up with a guild group wanting to do a bear run, I'd of been mortified from the start.

"Oh crap, oh crap, I'm gonna failbot hard and get kicked! GAAAAHHHH, where's my rum bottle!"

I haven't had a pug healer who has failed me yet. =] Except myself on my druid, omg, lol...

No power in the verse would make me heal a 4 person guild bear run with me being the odd lady out

ya know that time between killing the lynx boss and that silly troll (sorry Akaeya) running around opening random chests?

Pretty sure, even if i performed in tiptop shape, id get the boot, now, this being if i didnt already have a bear, but, the guild dont know me, would kick me outta spite

Oh you think too meanly of my guild! We're not like that. In fact, we ran one the other day with this pug rogue and pug healer. I've never kicked anyone out of a bear run unless they went afk in the middle of the run for more than a boss fight. If you can keep up with us and do your best healing (if you're tanking, I watch your mana like a hawk) or DPSing, I don't complain and I wont vote to kick anyone for trying their best when we do a mostly guild bear run. But this rogue was just talking the entire run in party chat instead of dpsing. We get the bear and of course, the rogue wins, lol. We all groan about it, but we let it go. It happens! Try again tomorrow. Come on, I stuck my neck out for that stupid warrior who ended up going AFK during a boss fight, ugh.
85 Human Paladin
"Hey guys, can I drink before we pu-"

*You have entered combat*

"Alrighty then......."
90 Gnome Priest
"Nah, I don't need gems- they're too expensive and don't help tanks anyways"

"OMG PRIEST CURE POISON ALREADY"

"Well, this is the way I ALWAYS do it so you must be too n00b" (Tank's response after I told the group to not separate and look for shards. Within 5 seconds, rogue and shaman died. Next came the "OMG, WTF HEALZ" comments."

"Wat's CC?"

(from pug healer) --> "Holy priests are tank healers. I only heal the tank!"

"But agility is a good stat for druids!" (<--resto)
90 Human Paladin
"Hey guys, can I drink before we pu-"

*You have entered combat*

"Alrighty then......."

The first day my shaman was 85, in End Time, the tank pulled Jaina while I was at 5% mana and had MTT and everything else on cd. I'd been oom from the trash because no one killed the lightwells or the priest until about two minutes into it. Maybe more than two minutes.

The warlock realized I was oom and was really good at stepping on the core things though. And people dodged the spikes, so I was able to manage. That didn't stop me from scowling.

I'd even asked for food, which usually is basic code for "please stop pulling for a moment".
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I love when I'm in a situation where I literally cannot heal stupid. Because I often find it hard to say "I'm not healing that rogue, he keeps pulling/targetting the wrong mobs and getting aggro/breaking cc/standing in bad/whatever", and then not automatically heal them anyway. And even though I know, especially if they do it after saying something, that I really should let them die, if I have the mana and GCDs..
But if I'm low level, or gearing up, and I can't spare the mana/gcd because the tank needs all the healing I can put out, then it's either them or the tank, and I only choose DPS over the tank when the tank is really bad, and the DPS are the ones keeping me alive. (That's my thing. I prioritize heals on whoever it is who is keeping mobs off me, regardless of what role they're supposed to fill). So the DPS dies, I don't feel bad or auto heal them, and it's almost refreshing.
Not really a story or something I don't like hearing healing PuGs, but just a thought I'd share.
100 Tauren Shaman
I was on my baby mage (83 I think at the time) and I had ask my GM to tank a baby instance for me for a fast Q. So he gets on his bear and we face roll through BRC. At some point, we lose our healer and my GM is just chain pulling like crazy because he's barely taking any damage and healing himself up like crazy. We get a healer at Beauty, and I see that the new healer, a kitty druid, is changing specs. I tell my GM to wait. Before the healer even gets to finish the swap, my GM pulls.

Now, I can't complain. He's doing this for me. I shouldn't be complaining because I could have sat in a 15-20 min queue without him. But oi, I know as a healer, that was annoying. I know that if someone did that to him on his baby healer, he would be annoyed too. The healer pretty much just dropped group as soon as he pulled.

Yeah, we didnt need a healer. Finished the place without one.
85 Human Paladin
Random Heroic Hour of Twilight
Tank: 85 Warrior

Tank to me: "Why do you use a shield, you don't get hit"
Me: "Are you serious"
Tank: "Scrub healer using shield"
Me: "Look at the stats"
Whisper from Shaman: "This will be a bad one"

WTF - notice the warrior tank in Protection spec is using a two handed sword
100 Blood Elf Priest
Random HoT

tank "So... this place is tank and spank right?"

Starts running, mounted, and the rogues tanks the adds, while the tank types in party "where is everyone"

facepalm
100 Tauren Shaman
Random Heroic Hour of Twilight
Tank: 85 Warrior

Tank to me: "Why do you use a shield, you don't get hit"
Me: "Are you serious"
Tank: "Scrub healer using shield"
Me: "Look at the stats"
Whisper from Shaman: "This will be a bad one"

WTF - notice the warrior tank in Protection spec is using a two handed sword

Oh that made me lol and sad at the same time.
85 Troll Shaman
"WTF NOOB LEARN TO HEAL"
"You pulled while i was drinking. I had no mana."
"NOT MY FAULT! L2P"
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was healing a HoT. Saw a Lock in almost full Spirit gear.

Nearly cried at his 7k DPS.

Leveling a Druid healer, get a full group of people doing the Iron Man challenge.

...I like how they don't know you can't do Dungeons while doing the Iron Man challenge.
86 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Siasish
Leveling a Druid healer, get a full group of people doing the Iron Man challenge.

LOL. Must tell my friend.
90 Draenei Shaman
"WTF NOOB LEARN TO HEAL"
"You pulled while i was drinking. I had no mana."
"NOT MY FAULT! L2P"

I have a theory that anyone in PUGs who uses the abbreviation "L2P" is automatically an idiot.
54 Goblin Shaman

I have a theory that anyone in PUGs who uses the abbreviation "L2P" is automatically an idiot.

I second that
100 Tauren Shaman

I second that

Third

I second that

Third

Motion carried, all in agreement, say "Aye"....*hundreds of voices sound the word in unison*
All opposed ... *a few weak voices sound in the distance*

The motion has passed.
ya, we use L2___ when mocking eachother in /g when complaining about the horribad pugs

such as
guildie > omg we just wiped on xxxx, they stood in
one of us > what, you can't heal stupid?, l2___
another > ya, what you arn't OP?
83 Worgen Warrior
I have GOT to start remembering to use my ignore list.

Zoned in to a fresh Hellfire Ramparts last night and was typing "(healer) are you rdy?" but someone aggro'ed first mob. I grabbed aggro back and used my cds to reduce inc dmg like normal, but noticed my health bar moved a lot so I figured the healer hadn't been rdy yet.

Me: "well I was about to ask if the healer was rdy..."
Me: "(healer) are you rdy now?"

I must have waited a full minute and got no response. So I figured maybe they are from a Spanish-speaking server, so I'll just carry on. I pull the next mob and blow through every cd to stay alive, just barely making it. My health bar sits at about 30% and slowly starts creeping up due to normal health regen, not healing. I'm like wtf?? One dps leaves.

So I look back at Recount to see if they healed me at all, and they did, but then I notice they did dmg too. It was a Priest, so I guessed they must be Smite-healing, but when I look at the spells used I see Holy Nova and Thorns. I look at healing spells used and only see Hola Nova.

I left group. Didn't even bother trying to kick, but I should have cuz then I had to wait out the 30 minute deserter debuff.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish PvP heroes would stay out of dungeons.

I mean if they are trying to learn, okay.

But if they come in with the "lol pve is easy and for noobs I will carry all of you" attitude, and they pull under 10k DPS, and die to simple mechanics such as the fire on Manno, then complain about me not keeping them alive and saying its not their job to move from fire...

I don't understand these people. I really don't.

"PvE is easy!"
"Okay do more than 10k."
"Pfft 10k is good for my full arena gear!"
*Swap to Death Knights full S9 Vicious*
*Proceeds to pull 20k*
"What now?"
"Shut up you are a DK and I am a Warrior!"
Okay bro. Okay. Mind explaining why you stood in the smoke on Asira? No, no you won't. You will start to bash that persons rating. Because PvP ratings mean something in PvE.

I love the DK that showed up that Warrior who was oh so proud of his Rival achievment.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]