Things you don't want to hear healing PuGs 6

90 Tauren Priest
So...LFD just dropped me into Mana Tombs with four DK's. Feel free to draw your own image of what happened in there.

04/06/2012 03:05 AMPosted by Janaire
Edit: am I the only on who has a linebreak muncher munching my linebreaks?

It won't let you create a double-space between paragraphs anymore. I have a habit of trying to do that and getting the breaks munched and paragraphs squashed together too.

Edit: This is Akaeya/Devilcat btw. On my baby priest. :D
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 4/6/2012 7:38 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
It won't let you create a double-space between paragraphs anymore. I have a habit of trying to do that and getting the breaks munched and paragraphs squashed together too.

Edit: This is Akaeya/Devilcat btw. On my baby priest. :D

O.O at your toon's name
Edited by Phaydre on 4/6/2012 8:10 AM PDT
90 Tauren Priest
04/06/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Phaydre
O.O at your toon's name

;)
90 Draenei Priest
04/06/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Dominish
He didn't cast a single Renew, Prayer of Mending, Holy Word: Serenity, Circle of Healing or Lightwell.

I notice that on pug healers in our alt raids a lot too. Shamans that never use healing surge or greater healing wave, holy or disc priests that cast 2 mendings a boss, or do the majority of their healing with flash heal, etc. It especially bugs me when we can two heal nearly everything and basically just carry this bad person to the fight achievements and more gear to do badly in.
100 Draenei Paladin
On my baby priest in UK with a guildie. ( I know, rolling a 4th healer, I must like pain!)

Pally tank was actually good, despite some pvp gear. He knew how to tank effectively and use CDs when available.

My fun was with the second hunter in the group. Moth pet on passive, and the hunter himself was using melee...and autoshot, that's it.

He ran into the room with the drakes and pulled most of them. He screamed "Help, how do I get out of this!" People were typing "Misdirect!" "Feign death!" He did finally and we survived that with me running out of mana. As it was his first toon and I am more forgiving of newer players(If someone if full BOAs did that, they get no heals, they know better!) I even suggested the forums for hunter help.

We get past most of the instance to the top with feign death being used by him every CD and fight he could LOL. My priest easily quadrupled his damage smite healing...

He decided he wanted to tame one of the wolves on the balcony. We say okay, and off he goes. He ends up feigning death AGAIN. One last try with the last set of adds, the hunter still has the old pet out, and we say,
"You need to put the pet away to tame another one!"
His response? "I'm not high enough to tame these darn it!"
Ingvar was next and the most priceless moment of all.

We pull, the hunter stands in the bad and he insta dies. He says 'I'm not faking this time I am really dead, can you help me?"
My response? "Yes you are and we know. You have to stay there until the end and I can rez you."

Guess he liked the fake death better.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was doing LFR on my DK who has a Item Level of 387 and does about 30k DPS on Ultrax.

Well we were doing Ultrax and the RNG gods just loved me and I was dishing out 33k feeling pretty pro.

...Then I noticed that my health was fluctuating ALOOOOOT.

Turns out I am doing so much DPS the tanks can't keep threat. And don't know what a Taunt is.

So, while auto attacking, I am still not being pulled off of. I check my PResence and I am in UH.

Ask my healing friends whats going and they're like "we have no idea, just keep DPSing and we won't let you die.

I tanked the rest of Ultraxion and then got kicked for "being a noob tank in DPS gear"

._.

Half of the healers: Pretty damn good/smart.

The other half: Pretty damn dumb.

Things like this, seen from a non-healer perspective, make me kinda cry.
Edited by Siasish on 4/6/2012 6:32 PM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
04/06/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Milkmesoftly

You can cheat it like this just by hitting the spacebar on every line :P
90 Worgen Druid
On my sham today to pug some hots with guildies, only pugged member was a tank. Get End Time, make it through baine ok then someone dies on the trash running out instead of teleporting out, so the tank left for some reason. Proceed to get a new tank and start on Jaina trash.

And it was unusually difficult! I was spamming GHW and ooming like nuts, and the dk tank was just taking SUCH a beating. I do not usually have a problem with dks. So, my guild buddies notice this and one inspects the tank- and the most dread words come in guild chat: FULL. PVP. GEAR.

So, I step up my game a bit, and having paid closer attention since I was healing squish, I notice he is using no cds, like at all. None of that amazing dk self healing. Not a bone shield in sight.

About halfway through the Jaina trash we get this terrible pull. Tank squishes out almost dead then aggro starts going all over the place. I ended up with Earthsield on our spriest-she was half tanking. Then our warrior's kid starts crying and has to emergency bail. Not that I blame him- kids come before wow.

THEN another group pats into what had already started! No one kills lightwells, or even targeted the piest at first. Pop SLT and MTT, all my crazy healing trying to save everyone has aggro on my face, water shield falling off all the time (cannot wait for that MoP glyph >.>). It was absolute chaos! But... we lived through it! ^_^ I felt pretty good about that. Then our warrior bud gets back, crying kid in arm, and drops group.

And what does this dk do?! HE PULLS THE NEXT GROUP. No pug for 3rd dps, no wait for me to regain mana. Nothin. We survive it with difficulty and decide this guy is not worth the trouble and kick him. I really think pvp GEAR isn't the issue alot of the time, but the sort of mentality. Lack of proper cd usage and such.

We get a new warrior dps and a pally tank and proceed to skate through the rest of the instace. I even got all complimented on my heals with the supressors before the end (we didnt have any class combo to cc them properly).

So it ended nice, but after having a long tiring day at work looking forward to some relaxing wow, having my first experience of healing fail pvp tank was not so relaxing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In end time with a half pvp geared dk tank. We were doing the trash and he didn't use cc, I was spamming flash of light and went oom. We wiped and the tank the decides to cus me out saying "WERE WAS MY !*@$*%& HEAL!!!!!!!!!" etc. I was pulling 20k hps on him alone and blew all my cooldowns, needless to day we kicked him and finished it no problem.

I also did ZG for the first time on this toon. We had a few wipes though out, no big deal no one knew the fights, we get to Jin'do I explain the fight and through out phase one I was telling the tank what to do (my mains a tank) and we get to phase 2 and the tank wasn't picking up the spirit warriors so I did it. We barely downed him. Afterwords I made the comment that if it wasn't nerfed we would have wiped on him. Tank then has the nerve to say what makes you think you did my job. Well seeing how I was the only one who knew the fights and the only reason we got through them is because I explained them you would assume I knew what I was talking about.
Edited by Skitzo on 4/7/2012 2:31 AM PDT
20 Dwarf Hunter
We pull, the hunter stands in the bad and he insta dies. He says 'I'm not faking this time I am really dead, can you help me?"
My response? "Yes you are and we know. You have to stay there until the end and I can rez you."

That had me giggling for quite some time. :P
100 Draenei Paladin

Yeah you should have heard our vent cheat on this special snowflake.
91 Night Elf Druid

Yeah you should have heard our vent cheat on this special snowflake.
Well... at least he was entertaining... and from your description, good natured about it.
That makes a huge difference.

My priest actually got kicked from a dungeon group theother night. I was blown away, first time on any of my toons that I've had that happen.

I did learn a few things that run though.
1.) My priest is far too squishy to tank--- It didn't end well

2.)When the tank cn't/won't hold aggro on Ashzara and I spend more of the fight stunned/locked out of Holy Spamming whatever heals I can squeak out just doesn't cut it.

3.)Not interupting Ashzara is BAD--- just BAD

4.)There are people out there who apparently have no idea they have CD's to use that might increase their survivability--- such as all 4 people in this group

5.)Pointing all of this out in Guild chat in a longwinded diatribe intended to share my pain with others and accidentally saying in party instead has a distinct possibility of being the reason I was kicked /blush

Cheers,
Zen
90 Draenei Shaman
04/06/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Feyatia
I really think pvp GEAR isn't the issue alot of the time, but the sort of mentality. Lack of proper cd usage and such.

I think Feyatia is right here. I think PvP attitude is a much bigger problem than PvP gear.

You tend to get a lot more of a certain personality type in PvP that just doesn't really "play well with others." Hot shot prima donnas, who don't really give a flip about teamwork, and think they should be able to one-man-show the dungeon, because that's what they do in Alterac Valley. They also tend to be more aggressive towards other players (because they're used to ganking them), and just generally less nice people. And they tend to make no distinctions between trash-talking and constructive criticism.

Not everyone of course. But you seem to get a higher percentage of egomaniacs from the PvP scene.
Just had this group in H WoE.

Tank is a prot pally, 1/2 in Pursuit(this is important). On the trash leading up to the first boss, he is getting beaten like there is no tomorrow. I just think, low gear or something, so I inspect. a Cursory look shows nope, good purples and gemmed. On the first trash pack he lost aggro to the Shaman, who quickly takes a dirt nap, then complains(again, important).

After the trash me move to the first boss, tank then posts the eyes achieve and announces we are doing it. I don't really think much of it, but when the time comes....everyone scatters to the 4 winds and I am off chasing the Warlock to heal us up. The eyes come out, and I get cornered, eye blows on me....boss kills me before the stun ends and the tank is running across half the courtyard to taunt. Warlock then BR's me and we finish the fight.

While drinking I take a closer look at him, he has 17 crit rating and minor run speed meta gem(is this one even possible? nevertheless, it doesn't stack with Pursuit), a bunch of str hybrid gems, 2 stam trinkets and ZERO enchants. So that explains the squishyness...

On the trash up to Azshara he is getting hit like a truck, and in general making my job stressful, especially on the Eyes.

On Azshara he is slow to pick up the activated mages, and I get pally stunned in the fire, which I survive with like 5k hp left, but the tank died due to neglect, and a wipe quickly ensued.

Take two, I pull out all the stops and just start churning out the healing; after pre stacking DA to 30kish, spamming GH and Binding heal like a madman, and liberal use of PW:S, we barely survive and down the boss.

I was talking with Winni this whole time, and we bet which mechanic of the last boss he would fail: she said adds would be ignored, I said moonlight, both of us said he would stand in the fire. Well, he did stand in the fire all right, and he ignored the frakin adds....not that it matter much because he had already decided to do the achieve Without telling anyone, let alone me, and everyone is attacking Mannoroth whilst taking insane fire damage .... so when the adds DID come out, they ate my face.

Take two, he announces he is doing the achieve, all 3 DPS agree(did I mention he was friends with the lock and other pally?) I say no, get ignored.....and they do the Exact same thing.

Between takes two and three, the warlock and shaman start laying into me about how terrible I am, how I jut fail and such. I point out that they are doing the fight Vastly wrong(standing in fire....) and that the tank isn't geared enough to have a BOSS whacking him in the back constantly while standing in fire. Warlock overrides my objections, all of them, saying that it is HIS decision(he was dungeon Guide...) that we do the achieve and that I just suck.

Take three, I just decided to DPS Varo'then myself, PW:S and PoM the tank, and see what happens. Sufficed to say, first firestorm Everyone but me died. Everyone then starts yelling and screaming that I suck and such. While typing out a response that even if they were doing the achieve correctly, I still wouldn't want to do it because without a good tank, its a total nightmare to heal; I get vote kicked.

So, gerr...I need the frakin trinket, and now I'm gonna be stuck using the RDF until WoE pops up again....

Also reported that tank for an inappropriate name.....it was clearly in violation of the naming rules, and I agreed with Winni, he needed to be reported for it.
85 Dwarf Shaman
Sometimes it isn't quite what you 'hear' healing PuGs so much as it is what you 'see'. I cannot express the number of times that I have had to heal 'tanks' through dungeons determined that DPS gear is a valid method of mitigation.

Hint: It isn't.

I'm confident enough in my abilities and practice to still carry deadweight like that (careful monitoring, dispels, pick and choosing correct heals, etc) but it's still a nightmare. Although I enjoy 'spicing up' dungeons, I prefer when it's at my own discretion, rather than it being a long, intense ride. The 'fun factor' tends to revolve around controlled chaos, more so than the alternative counterpart.

Anyone else suffer from this malady?
85 Human Priest
LFG is the reason I still play. Good groups are boring. Bad groups are wear it's at. I like to test myself at seeing just how much bad I can still shove through a heroic.
85 Dwarf Shaman
04/07/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Winnifred
LFG is the reason I still play. Good groups are boring. Bad groups are wear it's at. I like to test myself at seeing just how much bad I can still shove through a heroic.

I call your bluff. I was there for BC. You didn't need LFD to get a group of baddies. Worst still, was the time-consuming process of gathering a group, flying out to the summoning stone, getting inside, and realize that you some-crazy-how managed to pick up four other people off of the short bus.

Heroic Shattered Halls made moments like these...painful. So very, very painful.
88 Draenei Priest
When we've just finished a fight, and people have died due to standing in the bad stuff, and I am in the process of casting Resurrection on them:

"ress"
"rez plz"
"rez me"

or any variation thereof. Double bonus points if there's no attempt at "please." Triple if they ask during a fight, when nobody in the group has a battle rez.

Just happened in a Stonecore where two people died to boulders on Azil (not even at the same time, one just watched the other and I guess thought it looked fun). My response: "I'm working on it. But if we're telling each other what to do, don't stand in the stuff that kills you." Which was apparently the theme of the run and nobody told me... >_<
90 Draenei Priest
04/07/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Molli
"I'm working on it. But if we're telling each other what to do, don't stand in the stuff that kills you."

Oh, no you didn't! Mm-hmm, girlfriend.

I just had my first and second deaths in Well of Eternity evar.

Tank says, "So who has got interrupts?"
I say, "You."
Tank says, "No. Mage? Death Knight? Rogue?"
I say, "All of the above."

We pull, some of the DerpPS are attacking Azshara instead of her servants. The adds build up, and we wipe despite throwing out 21k HP/sec.

So we tell them to attack the adds rather than the queen, and the mage tells everyone that he will get all the interrupts. He doesn't, and we all get mind controlled. That's a first for me.

The tank then did a ready check for the next pull, and despite one person not even being in the dungeon yet, pulls again. So again, there are multiple adds up all the time because we are short one player and the others aren't stellar either. I did 20k HP/sec again, and we completed it, but it was rough.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]