State of Druid Heals... OR am I just bad?

85 Night Elf Druid
I suggest you take 2 points from Nature's Bounty and put them into Furor. At your gear level having the extra mana + Regen from Replenishment will be extremely helpful. Fill out Gift of the Earthmother, taking points from Blessing of the Grove and Perseverance. If you choose to take 2 points from Perseverance I suggest moving the point in Blessing in the Grove into Living Seed. Living Seed will do more healing on every fight except Ultraxion.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/27/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Starfôx
really? i find myself on avg from 27-33k in lfr madness still keeping decent mana lol then again its usually cause the other healers (priests and pallys are so bad they arenty sniping my heals lolol)

I could pull that much, but I can only snipe so hard with HoTs, and I already play as aggressively as possible. I guess it just happens that the groups I pull usually have at least one other competent healer in them.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
03/26/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Restofarean
SM tank typically (so mdps gets heals)

If that's your logic, don't swiftmend the tank. On most fights, the tank is an entire hitbox away from the melee dps causing your efflorescence to only hit him. Make sure you're paying attention to where everybody is standing in relation to the ground effect of your efflorescence.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. get to 2005 haste when you can (so good)
2. try at least get the all blue gems/echants done
3. Farm alot of VP
5. drop Cataclysmic Gladiator's Medallion of Meditation for Bottled Wishes
6. drop Cataclysmic Gladiator's Band of Accuracy for Band of Reconstruction
7. drop Ruthless Gladiator's Bindings of Meditation for Bracers of Flowing Serenity if u got the gold and someone can make it if not try to get Mycosynth Wristguards
8. drop Ruthless Gladiator's D**%% of Prowess for Woundlicker Cover
9. i know Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time is nice for the proc but really this thing isn't that great for us try to get Maw of the Dragonlord & Ledger of Revolting Rituals or this amazing thing which i use on not stacking fights Visage of the Destroyer

then you will see a different with ur heals ;p
Edited by Nillie on 3/27/2012 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
3. Farm alot of VP
7. drop Ruthless Gladiator's Bindings of Meditation for Bracers of Flowing Serenity if u got the gold and someone can make it if not try to get Mycosynth Wristguards
8. drop Ruthless Gladiator's D!@%! of Prowess for Woundlicker Cover
9. i know Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time is nice for the proc but really this thing isn't that great for us try to get Maw of the Dragonlord & Ledger of Revolting Rituals or this amazing thing which i use on not stacking fights Visage of the Destroyer

You didn't just suggest getting one of the worst trinkets in the game atm, did you?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
3. Farm alot of VP
8. drop Ruthless Gladiator's D%!#% of Prowess for Woundlicker Cover

You didn't just suggest getting one of the worst trinkets in the game atm, did you?

its better then the PvP one to to honest could said the LFR ones but people have the worst luck with those
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

If getting the trinket will put someone over the 2005 haste break point (and he's replacing a Stamina PvP trinket), then it's not the worst trinket to have.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/27/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Lissanna
If getting the trinket will put someone over the 2005 haste break point (and he's replacing a Stamina PvP trinket), then it's not the worst trinket to have.

If you're relying on a trinket to get you past the 2005 breakpoint, you'd be better off going for 916>mastery until you get better gear.

But I agree that it's better than a stamina PvP trinket.
Edited by Anarri on 3/27/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Thank you all for the commentary.

/resumes focus on VP items
/farms for monies to buy stupid enchants/Sherbear/ Cumulonimbus / Nillie
n
Thank you three specifically for the great advice. Any good addons /advice (Typically Regrow/nourish LB) for how to make sure that Harmony is constantly up?

PowerAuras perhaps?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you are focusing primarily on LFR at this point, just use Swiftmend on CD, there will probably be someone who could use it, Regrowth or Healing Touch on every Clearcast proc, and toss in a Nourish or Healing Touch on your Lifebloom target when nothing else is going on. That should be enough to keep Harmony up for a reasonable percentage of the time.

I don't tend to use PowerAuras much on this toon, as I have sort of gotten a feel for what it takes to keep Harmony up. One thing that may help is to practice on a buddy or random stranger when you are just standing around in Org some time. Start off by stacking Lifebloom on them and watch the ticks/crits. Next, cast a Nourish before Lifebloom drops and watch the change in the ticks/crits. That is how much healing you are losing by not keeping Harmony up. You should be able to see the buff counter for Harmony, so get a feel for how often you need to hardcast/Swiftmend. The nice thing is that is goes back up instantly when you do something that triggers it. If I know I am about to do an extend bout of Rejuve spamming, I make sure I refresh Harmony right before that. It is sort of like the way our old mastery worked, where you wanted a HoT on something you were about to heal heavily.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Oh, and reforge your gear out of Haste, down to 916, and put that in Mastery. Once you have better gear, you can re-reforge/gem/enchant everything to get up to 2005 Haste.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/29/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Pipikaula
It is sort of like the way our old mastery worked, where you wanted a HoT on something you were about to heal heavily.

Harmony is nothing like our old mastery.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/31/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Wísh
It is sort of like the way our old mastery worked, where you wanted a HoT on something you were about to heal heavily.

Harmony is nothing like our old mastery.

My point was that you use one heal to set up the bonus for other heals, which is exactly how the old mastery worked. Which heal you use and how the bonus applies is completely different, but the idea that you cast one thing to set up Harmony for future healing (direct heal to buff your HoTs) is very similar to how we used to cast a HoT to buff future healing on the HoT target.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Why are you guys pushing him so hard to move back down towards 916 haste? If he replaces the PvP trinket with the badge one and enchants his hat and shoulders, he'll be over 2005, which his ilvl can comfortably support.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/26/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Restofarean
Okay Thanks yall.... Just tired ofbeing yelled at by the trolls then :/ /off to LFR

Does... this happen often....?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you three specifically for the great advice. Any good addons /advice (Typically Regrow/nourish LB) for how to make sure that Harmony is constantly up?

PowerAuras perhaps?

Hot tracker on Vuhdo and Power Auras will give you everything you need.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
A. I know I need gems / enchants
B. I know I have Pvp items

That being said, In LFR I don't think I should be getting yelled out for "not doing enough heals"

As it stands I LBx3 the tank / person takin the most pain (consistent pains "IDK WHAT FIRE DOES" kind of people) , cast rej like candy. SM tank typically (so mdps gets heals) and regrow on the LB-ed And WG on every CD.

But when the group is primarily Shaman and Disc priests...

Am I just having LFR blues? or is there something wrong with my rotation you think?

Druid healing takes alot of time management. our madness setup is 2 resto druids and a resto shaman.

also if your rolling with disc priests or holy pallys they will strip you of some of your hps due to their absorbs.

when me and my druid friend play aggressive on the normal madness fight we each pull 22k hps, but our overhealing was at 55%-60% meaning we were missing out on alot of hps and just outplaying the fight. the resto sham was doing 10k hps and had more overhealing then us at 65%ish. we took out green platform first so we didint have the bonus healing either; however our regen was getting hurt and our hps started to drop when we got mana starved from playing aggressive. so we decided we would split our rej blanket into 2 groups and give the shaman some hps. the shaman bumped up to 14k hps while me and the druid stayed around the same hps, but our overhealing dropped like 20% each. if your running with 6 healers in raid finder check your overhealing. this was when DS only had the 5% nerf

when i do raid finder im at 13k-14k hps, but my overhealing is at 65-70% ish from playing aggressive.
Edited by Lurine on 3/31/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
difference between a good resto druid to a great one is reactive vs proactive.

When there's about to raid dmg a typical "tree" will use their heals AFTER the dmg is given.
Depending on your haste (hopefully you've reached 2005 haste) your rejv will tick betweem 2.x seconds to 3 seconds. 3 seconds will be if you have no haste what so ever. that means between those time frame, another healer can use their instant heals such as circle of healing and heal the raid dmg making your rejv less effective.

I've done 5/8H DS two healing me as resto druid and with a holy pal. What you need to do is know when the dmg is coming, know how many rejv you want to blanket the raid with and start spamming rejv BEFORE the dmg comes.

So if Warmaster Blackhorn is about to do his AOE dmg, about 5-10 seconds before the dmg comes you can start blanketing the raid with rejv so as soon as the dmg hits you'll already have rejv ticking then you use your Wild growth which will increase your HPS by a greater amount. Because you already have hots ticking before the dmg, when the dmg comes you have more time to cast and react to tank spike dmg or raid spike dmg.

Also SM on tank is great, usually tank's have healing modifiers which will make your efflorescence bigger, but know that your green circle only heals 3 people at once, so even if you use it SM on raid, and it hits 2 people its still a win for you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]