Dev Watercooler – MoP Looting Explained

90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Rhaeva
You have no business being in LFR if you have all heroic dragon soul gear.

LOLOLOLOLOL...

Translation: You can't raid any tier unless I say you can!!

Newsflash - Anyone can raid any tier anytime they want, regardless if you like it or not - your 15bucks a month ain't any better then other player's 15bucks a month =P
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 6:50 AM PDT
70 Tauren Druid
08/01/2012 06:38 AMPosted by Crica
You have no business being in LFR if you have all heroic dragon soul gear.

LOLOLOLOLOL...

Translation: You can't raid any tier unless I say you can!!

Newsflash - Anyone can raid any tier anytime they want, regardless if you like it or not - your 15bucks a month ain't any better then other player's 15bucks a month =P

Actually mine is worth far more. I dont like it when people help out their friends in LFR, some of us have alts we want to gear up. I especially hate it when they laugh about it in trade chat. If your heroic geared why would you want to be in LFR rolling on gear?
85 Human Warlock
what about normal raiding? And I don't like the idea of the valor point system, I like it how it is at them moment :(
70 Tauren Druid
08/01/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Haytrix
what about normal raiding? And I don't like the idea of the valor point system, I like it how it is at them moment :(

Normal raiding is all good and im glad they are getting rid of valor point items, to much clutter. They should have stuck to badge of justice gear like in BC to be honest.
70 Tauren Druid
I only read the bullet points, but does this system work even in guild groups or is it just pug/lfr?

Otherwise I expect every single piece of loot to come with class tags and be coded properly( see none of Blizzards half !@# $%^- coding) if I am even going to think about MoP as a purchase.

Its for LFR.
90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 08:29 AMPosted by Rhaeva
I dont like it when people help out their friends in LFR
if players who help out their friends did NOT join LFR, then those spots would STILL be filled by players who will roll on the gear for the SAME reasons you roll on it - meaning you would STILL have the SAME chance to "LOSEAROLL" regardless - its players like you who make me sooooo glad there will be NO MORE LOOT COMPETITION between players in LFR come Mists and make me hope SO MUCH that the loot system for Mists LFR will be utilized in LFD as well - why? - because players like you can't handle "LOOSINGAROLL"... /sigh - thank you blizzard, now players like this poster can rage at RNG instead of other players when they :LOSEAROLL:... lmao...
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 9:57 AM PDT
70 Tauren Druid
I dont like it when people help out their friends in LFR
if they were NOT in LFR, then those spots would be taken by players who need the gear just like you do - meaning you STILL would have to COMPETE for the items you want - its players like you who make me sooooo glad there will be NO MORE LOOT COMPETITION between players in LFR come Mists and make me hope SO MUCH that the loot system for Mists LFR will be utilized in LFD as well - why? - because players like you can't handle someone other then you getting an item you want... /sigh - thank you blizzard, now players like this poster can rage at RNG instead of other players when they :LOSEAROLL:... lmao...

Actually I agree with you, I hate LFR right now because people just roll on things to roll on them even if its not their spec, or for friends, or for their guild. I dont mind competing with others who need to gear, its the jerks who abuse the system we have right now. Sorry if my posts came across as something else.

edit: The jerks are the ones who bring it out in raid chat that they just won an item they didnt need, or that they are giving hit to a friend and laughing at the rest of the raid.
Edited by Rhaeva on 8/1/2012 9:58 AM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
I dont mind competing with others who need the gear
Why does it matter if you lostaroll to Bob or Joe? You STILL lostaroll no matter what and DONT get the item, regardless...
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 9:59 AM PDT
70 Tauren Druid
08/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Crica
Why does it matter if you lostaroll to Bob or Joe? You STILL lostaroll no matter what and DONT get the item, regardless...

It doesnt, it matters when groups of people are working together and only one of them actually needs the item but they all roll on it and then give it to their friend of guild member....thats annoying. Mists is getting rid of the ability to do that completely and thats a good thing.
90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Rhaeva
it matters when groups of people are working together
again, if those "groups of people rolling on the item and won it" were single players rolling on the item and won it, you STILL would have lostaroll, so WHY does it matter WHO you lostaroll to??
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 10:16 AM PDT
100 Goblin Shaman
08/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Crica

I've personally seen an example like this:

Person rolling for an off spec they never play/rolling just cause they can: 100 roll
Person that legitimately could use the item now for there main spec: 99 roll

If that person that rolled for the spec they never play didn't roll (or just because), the person that could use it as an immediate upgrade would have won it. I've seen that entirely too much.

Then there's this:

Person rolling for a buddy: 100
Person that came in solo: 99
The guy that brought the buddy: 75

Two things:
1. Buddy technically had 2 rolls. Which is completely against the spirit of why LFR was put in in the first place as far as gear goes.
2. Solo queuer would have won the roll legitimately if that other person hadn't paid someone off to roll for them (don't tell me it doesn't happen, because we all know it does).

I've seen it happen to too many people (not just myself).

The new system isn't perfect. But it's better than what we currently have. At least now, people don't have to worry about the buddy system. It puts everyone on a somewhat even playing field.
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/1/2012 2:16 PM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Jujubiju
If that person that rolled for the spec they never play didn't roll (or just because), the person that could use it as an immediate upgrade would have won it.
if that person who does not need the item did not join LFR and someone who DOES need it joined LFR instead of them and they then WIN the item instead of the person who did not need it, you STILL lostaroll regardless... did not matter WHO won it, you are just upset that YOU did not win it...
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 10:18 AM PDT
100 Goblin Shaman
08/01/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Crica
If that person that rolled for the spec they never play didn't roll (or just because), the person that could use it as an immediate upgrade would have won it.
if that person did not join LFR, someone who DOES need it would join LFR instead of them and they WIN the item, you STILL lostaroll regardless... did not matter WHO won it, you are just upset that YOU did not win it...

While that may or may not be true, at least I'm not competing against one guy with two rolls.
90 Orc Shaman

if that person did not join LFR, someone who DOES need it would join LFR instead of them and they WIN the item, you STILL lostaroll regardless... did not matter WHO won it, you are just upset that YOU did not win it...

While that may or may not be true, at least I'm not competing against one guy with two rolls.
you never were... you are just upset that someone other then you won it and then gave it to someone other then you... in Mists LFR, now you can be upset that you did not win what you wanted but can no longer blame someone else for you not winning it =P which I HOPE carries over into LFD PuGs as well so I don't have to deal with players like you anymore and I can HAVE FUN raiding and running dungeons without all the whining from players like you crying that its the WINNERS fault you did not win - RNG is why you lost - luck said you loose - the winner was luckier then you, nothing more
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 10:27 AM PDT
70 Tauren Druid

you never were... you are just upset that someone other then you won it and then gave it to someone other then you... in Mists LFR, now you can be upset that you did not win what you wanted but can no longer blame someone else for you not winning it =P which I HOPE carries over into LFD PuGs as well so I don't have to deal with players like you anymore and I can HAVE FUN raiding and running dungeons without all the whining from players like you crying that its the WINNERS fault you did not win - RNG is why you lost - luck said you loose - the winner was luckier then you, nothing more

They are abusing the system, that is the issue. And as said above one player is getting multiple rolls, there is a difference between 5 friends, 4 of them rolling for one person, and 5 seperate people each rolling for themself. Then of course there are always the people rolling need when they dont need the item. Mists is taking care of that like I said.
100 Goblin Shaman

you never were... you are just upset that someone other then you won it and then gave it to someone other then you... in Mists LFR, now you can be upset that you did not win what you wanted but can no longer blame someone else for you not winning it =P which I HOPE carries over into LFD PuGs as well so I don't have to deal with players like you anymore and I can HAVE FUN raiding and running dungeons without all the whining from players like you crying that its the WINNERS fault you did not win what you wanted to win =P RNG is why you lost - luck said you loose - the winner was luckier then you, nothing more

Not sure if trolling or what.....

Care to bother looking at my armory BEFORE making assumptions? I've look at all of yours.

I haven't done LFR in literally months. My main issue is when I see people as geared as I am or more cheating the system because "It's only LFR, no one cares."

People like me- that support a lot of the "This is unfair" talk- are trying to make things better so people can enjoy the game without all the unneeded stress. Because- quite honestly- it causes undue stress to people in a game in which people play to get away from stress.
Edited by Jujubiju on 8/1/2012 10:35 AM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Rhaeva
They are abusing the system
How? By rolling the dice that Blizzard said they could? By giving away what they won that Blizzard said they could?
90 Orc Shaman
08/01/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Jujubiju
My main issue is when I see people as geared as I am or more cheating the system
cheating how? by rolling the dice?

if it was cheating to roll the dice, dont you think blizzard would have banned them for doing it?

cheating how? by giving the item they win to someone else?

if it were cheating to give the item they win to someone else, dont you think blizzard would have banned them for doing it?
Edited by Crica on 8/1/2012 10:36 AM PDT
70 Tauren Druid
They are abusing the system
How? By rolling the dice that Blizzard said they could? By giving away what they won that Blizzard said they could?

Exactly, its wrong and you know it. One person should not have more than one roll.

edit: And once again mists fixes that and people wont be able to pull that crap in lfr anymore.
Edited by Rhaeva on 8/1/2012 10:37 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]