MOP! GET READY!

Come on enhancement shamans! Get ready to spend another expansion useless and under appreciated! I'm sure blizzard loves giving us a 2 sec cast in our final tier as a melee and fire and earth elementals that are STILL tied to totems that can be shot.

fire elemental totem:"RAWR I ARE SCARY!!"
any other class: *1 SHOT!*
Oh look we are left with one choice. Improved unleash elements =/

Yo enhance we heard you stacked haste so we gave you buffs to your haste so you can haste while you haste! Oh wait we don't stack haste.... BECAUSE IT"S BLOODY USELESS!

Oh let me not refer to conductivity which could quite possibly the most useless talent conceived since EQ.

Let's go to ascendance which is the only light I can see in this Sh$% storm.
It's cool, it's fun and it's customized for all three specs. Now come up with 18 talents just like it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Enhance have been ok this xpack in pve.

In pvp its will probably still continue to be garbage, mainly because of bad cc compared to other classes and no burst.
Reply Quote
03/28/2012 01:59 AMPosted by Bitesalot
ya pve has been okay and we actually got buffs for pve dps.

PvP however will continue to put dks,rets, and rogues firmly before us.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

In pvp its will probably still continue to be garbage, mainly because of bad cc compared to other classes and no burst.

Indeed. Unfortunately players who only like pvp and not pve are left out in the cold.

Ok so the 10% of your max health as hp for each totem glyph sounds cool, but lets think about that for a moment.

At 85 a locks pet has 90k - 100k now 10% of my 160k is 16k (I know im working on 85 here when we will be 90 but hey). the totem takes 5 seconds to charge, or 3 if you glyph (thats now 2 glyph slots used to try and make use of a stun). 16k at 85 in 3 seconds is nothing at 85, and I cannot see there being any improvement at 90.

So all your doing is wasting 2 glyph slots in the hope no one notices (unlikely in rbg's or arenas) or that they dont do enough damage in the time you have to wait.

Ah.......but hang on. its only got an 8 yard range, so hmm run a shot distance and voila, unaffected.

Although im really excited at the tought of finally getting a CC (especially an AOE stun :D ) that every other class already has, im somewhat miffed that in the same swift action they have given every other class a very easy way to avoid it. I cannot avoid stuns from any other class.....

I think keep the totem idea, keep the 45 sec cd (on par with every other class in the game), keep the 8 yrd range but make it instant yanno.
Like I drop the totem and BOOM insta stun. This would put it on par, not to mention actually give us a way to disengage and gtfo if needed.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
no good player will let our stun go off unless we can stop them from touching it some how....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I totally agree, they are giving us a 2 second cast time on our level 90 tier and a 3 second wait on stun. Both totally gimped for pvp if I say so myself. If they were to make it instant than it would be on par with others, I'm all for the stun but for god sakes please actually
Make it viable in arenas because we've been screwed hard the last few seasons
Reply Quote
My big thing is the cast time on that spell..... What kind of enhance shaman is going to be able to cast that? My guess is We would have to use maelstrom procs for it but in PvP I dont get enough of those to cast the heals and cc I need anyway.

We will just have to be content with being the shelved melee class for next season. Outlook is not good my windfury brothers. Not good at all =(
Edited by Layrinya on 3/29/2012 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I love the idea of Stone Bulwark totem, and I like the stun one (idr the name) but unless he get a little more ability to defend totems or they get an HP increase they will simply be one shotted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
The pet summon doesn't use totems. It says in the tooltip the shaman pulls them directly from the Elemental Planes. Elemental Blast will prolly work with MW.

Also Enh has Spirit Walk as an ability not linked to wolves.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
So ive just read locks are getting a bunch of new pets and abilities, which is cool.

But one thing I note is blizz mentioned the Mortal Wounds (or 25% reduced healing) debuff is only going to go to 3 classes.
However the locks pet will give them access to:

10% reduced healing debuff
25% reduced healing debuff
Disarm
Instant AOE knockback & Stun (4 seconds)
Charm & a new Mesmerize
Silence

Ok when shamans didnt get a Debuff (like 25% reduced healing which I think we do need especially as enhance) we got done up the back passage, but to then start giving it to other classes that are already getting so many new toys.... :|

I kinda feel as though im being begged to stop playin

Also i need to point out that the Capacitator Totem does NOT have a cast time, it is instant but it takes 5 seconds to charge (3 if glyphed) and has 5 health (10% your max health if glyphed there too).
Now glyphed or not thats a long time to wait for it to charge and then stun considering the low health the totem has glyphed or not, and the range it has (8 yards).

It will be a rare occassion you stun anyone because they will either kill the totem, or move out of range.

Then lets not forget the waste of 2 glyph slots out of the now 6 we will have.
Edited by Thedøc on 3/29/2012 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
idk why all you guys do is !@#$%. im looking forward to mop if you know how to play enhance well were gona be srsly owning ppl.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I think in order to use the stun effect on Capacitor Totem properly, or rather effectively, you are going to be forced to use tier 3 talent - Totemic Projection.

First you'll have to plant the totem at a distance or out of LoS, then move to the enemy quickly, then use the Projection talent to teleport it to you and stun. I can see this working, but likely at the cost of 2-4 GCD's, and time off of target. It makes it sound clunky as hell, so this should fit right in for us......

Makes you wonder why it doesn't work like Warlocks Shadowfury? This should just be an ability to detonate an already existing totem (Earth?) and AoE Stun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/28/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Clemik
no good player will let our stun go off unless we can stop them from touching it some how....

You mean like we did consistently when we had Imp Fire Nova Totem? :<

It'll make the glyph that drops aesthetic totems mandatory though. QUICKLY! WHICH TOTEM IS GOING TO STUN ME? I MUST 1-SHOT IT! I hit one of the worthless ones instead? CURSES!
Edited by Gistwiki on 3/29/2012 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
03/29/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Jutha
idk why all you guys do is !@#$%. im looking forward to mop if you know how to play enhance well were gona be srsly owning ppl.

How do I know enhance will pwn? Ive only seen what blizz is publishing which on paper contradicts your very statement considering whats being lost compared to being gained.

And yer im looking forward to MoP but im being put off with every new development. I dont want to give up my shaman, but im seeing little choice unless in practice it behaves so much differently
Honestly, I think in order to use the stun effect on Capacitor Totem properly, or rather effectively, you are going to be forced to use tier 3 talent - Totemic Projection.

First you'll have to plant the totem at a distance or out of LoS, then move to the enemy quickly, then use the Projection talent to teleport it to you and stun. I can see this working, but likely at the cost of 2-4 GCD's, and time off of target. It makes it sound clunky as hell, so this should fit right in for us......

Clunky.... right. sounds like 3x as much work as any other class that can stun has to do in the game right ? I mean to put the totem LOS, get to the target in 4< (not forgetting they are moving all the time mostly) then get projection off before the stun goes off :s
Then lets not forget if you have DPS on you and you put totem down, they either run or kill totem and back on you.
Or if you go to do the projection theory your feared, or stunned, or charmed, blinded, silenced etc.

I dont know about you, im not expecting a 1 cast button that insta kills all, but dude without trying it out, this is looking insanely clunky, long winded and retarded just to do a 4 second stun.
03/29/2012 08:42 AMPosted by Gistwiki
It'll make the glyph that drops aesthetic totems mandatory though. QUICKLY! WHICH TOTEM IS GOING TO STUN ME? I MUST 1-SHOT IT! I hit one of the worthless ones instead? CURSES!

At first I reckon this will be true, but it wont be long before someones worked out a macro, or an addon is updated to pick it out etc.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/29/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Thedøc
At first I reckon this will be true, but it wont be long before someones worked out a macro

Macros are unable to target totems by name.
Reply Quote
My question is why does blizzard always try to make us clunkier whilst streamlining everyone else? It just doesn't make any sense.

The pet summon doesn't use totems. It says in the tooltip the shaman pulls them directly from the Elemental Planes. Elemental Blast will prolly work with MW.
actually its says "Your earth and fire elemental TOTEMS......." and so on so fail reading on your part.

It just seems everyone is getting some seriously cool stuff and all shamans have to look forward to is ascendance. Every expansion we get left in the dust and every expansion we struggle to claw to the top.

This is our penance..... This is our curse =(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
03/29/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Gistwiki
At first I reckon this will be true, but it wont be long before someones worked out a macro

Macros are unable to target totems by name.

I did also say "or addon". But if a person can tab to a totem, ill be certain its possible with a little effort to get a macro to target a totem also.

But anyway its besides the point, it wont take long for something to appear to ring the alarm bell of every opponenet in the district.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I like to see some thing that a elemental shaman can get for pvp that completely makes them immune to all damage in MoP, since almost every class has it, it seems.

Some thing along the lines of turning them into a stone statue or some thing, for a period of time, would be work into a shamans talents perfectly.

Im hoping for to much mostlikely saying that, of course i like what they are doing to some of the elemental skills and all that, but damage is one thing, being able to survive any thing is different. With all the intterupts out there now you have no chance of even getting a heal off, and if that gets intterupted youd think you could hex, but thats some how nature to even though its a curse..

there is very little to no chance you can kill any other class as elemental 1v1. i know its not based around 1v1, but still some thing would be nice. Considering ever time you see a elemental shaman you think of a free kill almost. Some way to stop any damage would be nice.
not just a damage reduction, some way to stop it completely.
Reply Quote

Clunky.... right. sounds like 3x as much work as any other class that can stun has to do in the game right ? I mean to put the totem LOS, get to the target in 4< (not forgetting they are moving all the time mostly) then get projection off before the stun goes off :s
Then lets not forget if you have DPS on you and you put totem down, they either run or kill totem and back on you.
Or if you go to do the projection theory your feared, or stunned, or charmed, blinded, silenced etc.

I dont know about you, im not expecting a 1 cast button that insta kills all, but dude without trying it out, this is looking insanely clunky, long winded and retarded just to do a 4 second stun.

It sounds like 3x as much work as any other classes AoE stun because it is. Which given blizzards track record is par for the coarse when it comes to Shaman. Look at Hex and compare it to Polymorph. Look at grounding totem, and compare it to Anti-magic Shield. Look at Frostbrand Imbue's slowing effect and compare it to Crippling Poison. Look at Stoneclaw totem and compare it to Powerword: Shield. I know we shouldn't do direct comparisons to other classes, because someone with "infinite" wisdom will say "different classes are different", but I mean it's a freakin joke when trying to justify the blatant gap in abilities potency when Blizzard is trying to tell me things are more balanced then ever and will be even better in Mists of Pokemon.

The thought of giving us an AoE stun is great in theory, but as usual, when compared to any other similar ability used by any other class, the Shaman version will be a terrible incarnation because it not only requires a setup, it requires forethought, insight, and a higher-degree of implementation to complete. Every other AoE Stun ability like this is push-one-button and it happens. No delay. If a Warrior (prot mind you) wants to use Shockwave, do we get a 5 second window to counter it, and the counter is to simply switch targets and use ANY damage ability? No. That would be laughable. If a warlock was about to use Shadowfury, do we get a 5 second window to counter that ability? No, because that would be laughable just like this totem is.

So I agree whole-heartedly with you, Thedøc. I do not expect a 1-button kill, but I do expect to put on par with everyone else for once and have our abilities be as easy and as useful as theirs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
ill be certain its possible with a little effort to get a macro to target a totem also.

Blizzard actually altered the macroing system to break macros that attempted to target any totem at all. The only way you can really do anything to totems through the macro system now is to create a mouseover macro, but that works on any target and still requires you to spend time finding the totem.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/3-2-0 - Under User Interface - "Macros and scripts will no longer be able to target totems by name." What that worked out to be was any macro or script that attempted to target totems by any part of the name of any totem would no longer work.

03/29/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Thedøc
But anyway its besides the point, it wont take long for something to appear to ring the alarm bell of every opponenet in the district.

It didn't happen for Fire Nova Totem back when it had the exact same effect *shrug*

Granted it'll be much harder for Enh to land it than it will be for elem, but for elemental it should be as easy to land the Capacitor totem stun as it ever was to land the Fire Nova Totem stun (that is to say, pretty easy.)
Edited by Gistwiki on 3/30/2012 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]