Spriest - Haste

96 Blood Elf Priest
Guys, I've been reading a lot and never got satisfied with the answers. I know there's haste plateaus, I've seen numbers like 3202, 2707, 2687.

It all comes down to: what number should I aim for?

With my current gear, what do you guys suggest?

Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The highest one you can comfortably reach without seriously gimping your other stats. If heroic Ultraxion is your current progression fight, don't go for 3202.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would suggest downloading a simcraft (google it) and finding out the stat weights for your character.

Then goto wowreforge.com and enter thou stats you got from the sim and use those reforges.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If heroic Ultraxion is your current progression fight, don't go for 3202.

Why would very high haste be a problem on Ultraxion? Serious question. Shadow's just my off-spec so I'm not 100% up to date on shadow strats for DS fights.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Taedas has good advice. But every Sim I have ever ran always shows Haste as the optimal secondary stat. Although there are plateaus with dots, Mind Flay (our main ability) will continually benefit from haste with shorter Mind Flay cast times (unless Mind Flay cast becomes faster than the GCD). Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, I.E. maximizing burst with T13 4piece gimmicks.

TL;DR maximize the amount of haste your gear allows period.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Taedas has good advice. But every Sim I have ever ran always shows Haste as the optimal secondary stat. Although there are plateaus with dots, Mind Flay (our main ability) will continually benefit from haste with shorter Mind Flay cast times (unless Mind Flay cast becomes faster than the GCD). Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, I.E. maximizing burst with T13 4piece gimmicks.

TL;DR maximize the amount of haste your gear allows period.

Do keep in mind that the default action list for simulation craft lowers the value of our mastery considerably. Kilee made a cool post and an action list for if you have the 4set. It will sim mastery considerably higher (you may see a 1.0 bump in its scale factor) and is much closer to the actual usage of our t13 4set.

The action list is here http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1176

Edit: Ran 2 simulations on myself with that action list, at 25k iterations each. With all raid buffs and without Dark Intent or Focus Magic, haste is worth .4203pp and mastery is worth .7142pp. With all raid buffs and with dark intent (Still no Focus Magic), haste is worth .5323pp and mastery is worth .7081pp.

Mastery seems ahead by a large margin now, but only if you have 4set. I recommend shooting for 2589 and stacking mastery after that.
Edited by Shamypriest on 3/29/2012 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Priest
Yeah, I seen that post and used that action priority list for my Heroic Spine Simulations. Haven't used the list for normal bosses yet though. I assume I should probably do that. Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Haste is optimal if your gear is of lower value. If you have a decent amount of 397+, you want to reach a plateau and then stack mastery. I think the optimal plateau is 2284 (2737 w/o DI). This plateau gives an extra tick of DP. The 3202 plateau is pretty irrelevant as all it does is increase the initial burst of DP (because DP burst damage is based on haste), as far as I'm concerned. Getting haste to 2284 or 2737 will allow for the extra DP tick, and the rest stacked into mastery will allow for dots to tick for more damage, and for a big chunk of extra dps with 4 set T13 + Dark AA/Shadowfiend.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks for your responses!

Guess I'll stick with 2737 and then stack mastery. Don't think haste will matter that much after this point, and having dots hit harder might end up being good.

Also, this number, 2737, it doesn't take into account the 5% passive haste we have, right? Having 2737 + 5% should leave me with around 30%-31% haste. Am I correct?

Thanks again!

PS: Logged out with healer gear :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Also, this number, 2737, it doesn't take into account the 5% passive haste we have, right? Having 2737 + 5% should leave me with around 30%-31% haste. Am I correct?

Correct, the exact haste rating is 2737 (2284 with dark intent) and that should put you somewhere between 30% and 31% haste with the shadowform buff.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
any chance you know the number for goblins, Mind? im assuming its lower than 2737 but im not sure exactly what it is
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/30/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Ohii
any chance you know the number for goblins, Mind? im assuming its lower than 2737 but im not sure exactly what it is

For goblins, the rating is 2135 with dark intent and 2583 without dark intent.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Mage
cool thanks :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]