Answering resto pvp questions

85 Night Elf Druid
where is your hit rating coming from?
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if it's a playstyle preference (as I have little experience in arena), but is the point in BotG and 2 in Genesis worth leaving the 6% spell damage reduction behind? I just feel like resto has Barkskin to mitigate melee damage and crits, but as far as spells go, Perseverance is our only direct counter to casters. These are the only 3 talents I'm having trouble balancing.

Also, since I enjoy the stress-free playstyle of BGs atm (waiting for my arena partner to lvl another character), I have reforged spirit to mastery on all my gear. In fact, I'm stacking mastery above all other secondary stats (Int>Resil/SP>Mast>Spir>everything else). I rarely pop Inervate, much less go oom. I know in arena, the necessary RG spam for direct healing will burn mana quickly, making spirit stacking essential. But, in a situation where you don't oom, what's the best secondary stat? I find it difficult to even touch the haste breakpoints when using pvp gear, and the crit RNG makes me nervous. Mastery seems to be the solid throughput stat for all healing, but I'd like to hear the argument you make for crit to see if I should swing that way.

Edited by Astreya on 4/6/2012 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Astreya
I'm not sure if it's a playstyle preference (as I have little experience in arena), but is the point in BotG and 2 in Genesis worth leaving the 6% spell damage reduction behind? I just feel like resto has Barkskin to mitigate melee damage and crits, but as far as spells go, Perseverance is our only direct counter to casters.

Actually, you sort of have it backwards. Druids generally have an easier time vs casters because it's much easier to pillar/shift the damage. Glyphed Barkskin is also far more effective vs a frost mage shattering you in a deep, for example, than a rogue who is dancing on you.

Edit: If you want to reforge to something other than spirit then haste is probably your best stat (regardless of caps). It affects your GCDs, healing spells, and all of your casted CC, whereas the other secondary stats only benefit heals.
Edited by Starship on 4/6/2012 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You reforged to SPIRIT?

<-- mind blown but I'll believe you

Hehe yep it helps a lot, haste isnt a good thing to stack as a rdruid (even though having some always helps, i just dont like stacking it). Crit helps, but i find it so much more useful to have spirit, don't think ive ever lost a game because i was oom
Edited by Drclones on 4/8/2012 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Inovandaldtf
where is your hit rating coming from?

talent called Balance of power
I'm not sure if it's a playstyle preference (as I have little experience in arena), but is the point in BotG and 2 in Genesis worth leaving the 6% spell damage reduction behind? I just feel like resto has Barkskin to mitigate melee damage and crits, but as far as spells go, Perseverance is our only direct counter to casters. These are the only 3 talents I'm having trouble balancing.

Also, since I enjoy the stress-free playstyle of BGs atm (waiting for my arena partner to lvl another character), I have reforged spirit to mastery on all my gear. In fact, I'm stacking mastery above all other secondary stats (Int>Resil/SP>Mast>Spir>everything else). I rarely pop Inervate, much less go oom. I know in arena, the necessary RG spam for direct healing will burn mana quickly, making spirit stacking essential. But, in a situation where you don't oom, what's the best secondary stat? I find it difficult to even touch the haste breakpoints when using pvp gear, and the crit RNG makes me nervous. Mastery seems to be the solid throughput stat for all healing, but I'd like to hear the argument you make for crit to see if I should swing that way.

Hey,
The talents you're not sure about are kind of about preferences; I like to go for healing output more than dmg mitigation against casters, for the sole reason I really don't have trouble against wizards running my comp at all. As a rdruid, I feel like your main issues will be from getting trained start to finish by melee cleaves or rogue teams (rmp/rls) and i think the extra healing is more worth it.

Since I go all out spirit, I haven't really thought about the stats a lot, but the only one i wouldnt advice gearing for is mastery simply because i dont think its comparable to the 2 others. As said above, haste is a safe bet for most casters; however, i also like crit for those burst heals. Some may argue theres too much RNG involved, but meh, when that RNG goes your side, it saves games.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hey drclones ive been wanting to chat with you. People from my server said you were extremly good. I wanted to know if you think my spec/gear is ok. I do pretty well with it. I actually would love to learn anything i can from you.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
drclones is a horrid druid, he paid for his 2500 carry and his current carry in 5s. was stuck at 2200 before he started playing with the people carrying him
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shad/Sub/RDruid is viable, and actually probably the best comp for a Resto Druid.

It's kind of sad though that if you were replaced by a Resto Shaman, your teammates could probably be maybe 200 rating higher.

Ya hes very lucky our shaman quit last season =P! <3 clones
Reply Quote
1 Troll Warrior
i also hear rumours that pankakez owes a few people some money
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I know as a druid you have to be offensive with cyclones and such, but how do you know when your overextending? An example would be going in to cyclone only to get hard-swapped to and destroyed.

Also is it worth it to use pounce in the beginning of games or just always use cyclone out of prowl?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I guess i can believe you on the spirit to an extent....my question really is, with your haste being low, i have a hard time believing the teams your playing at 2500 are kind enough to let you get your SLOW cc's off. Any good shaman won't be that bad, therefore i'm a little in disbelief. You having THAT MUCH spirit still sounds insane, and crit vs haste is always a preference.

To everyone else who isn't asking a question and just looking for ways to assault him in the forums consider this:

1) His comp is really 1/2 3s comps that can be reasonably viable as an rdruid
2) Whether he's a high class druid or not, his partners will carry some weight, no big deal.
3) Just because it works for him doesn't mean it will work for you...for your team to make it at that bracket as a resto druid, your partners have be bada$$, and you have ZERO margin for error.

That said, please ask questions rather than say stupid crap about carries, QQ, w/e. Let him give his advice.

Edit: 2s isn't a rdruids cup of tea so don't be bias from your 2s teams. Also, his teamates are exceptionally good and have great class synergy, so let's be real to kind of be fair to those hating on this guy. If pankakez gets tunneled, his heals probably aren't enough to keep the priest up, i've seen it on my main vs this comp as PhDk. His dps are just THAT ON PAR with their cc's that allow the druid to just sk8 by.

Solid comp, solid players, can't really say he's getting carried, his teamates are just doing their jobs and not screwing up. Do they have more skill than he does, yes....but going to 2500 vs RMP/RLS legend campers isn't like getting carried to 2200 or even 2400. Lay off.
Edited by Rooftrellen on 4/18/2012 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
what is your take on spirit vs haste -

do you not find haste useful enough to reforge into it?

or are you reforging spirit due to your setup?

EDIT:

is your playstyle stay back and only clone when pressure is full out

or clone to get pressure going?
Edited by Lykingond on 4/19/2012 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I can actually say I have beaten Drclones in 2s. Granted he dc'd, but a win is a win :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shad/Sub/RDruid is viable, and actually probably the best comp for a Resto Druid.

It's kind of sad though that if you were replaced by a Resto Shaman, your teammates could probably be maybe 200 rating higher.

Ya hes very lucky our shaman quit last season =P! <3 clones

you were like 50% win loss with your shaman bro get realz
I know as a druid you have to be offensive with cyclones and such, but how do you know when your overextending? An example would be going in to cyclone only to get hard-swapped to and destroyed.

Also is it worth it to use pounce in the beginning of games or just always use cyclone out of prowl?

It all depends on the other teams comp and positioning; for the pounce, only go for it if they wont be able to get on you right away or CC you. If the other team is some melee cleave or actually rogue team, you should be fine if you're at max cyclone range
I guess i can believe you on the spirit to an extent....my question really is, with your haste being low, i have a hard time believing the teams your playing at 2500 are kind enough to let you get your SLOW cc's off. Any good shaman won't be that bad, therefore i'm a little in disbelief. You having THAT MUCH spirit still sounds insane, and crit vs haste is always a preference.

To everyone else who isn't asking a question and just looking for ways to assault him in the forums consider this:

1) His comp is really 1/2 3s comps that can be reasonably viable as an rdruid
2) Whether he's a high class druid or not, his partners will carry some weight, no big deal.
3) Just because it works for him doesn't mean it will work for you...for your team to make it at that bracket as a resto druid, your partners have be bada$$, and you have ZERO margin for error.

That said, please ask questions rather than say stupid crap about carries, QQ, w/e. Let him give his advice.

Edit: 2s isn't a rdruids cup of tea so don't be bias from your 2s teams. Also, his teamates are exceptionally good and have great class synergy, so let's be real to kind of be fair to those hating on this guy. If pankakez gets tunneled, his heals probably aren't enough to keep the priest up, i've seen it on my main vs this comp as PhDk. His dps are just THAT ON PAR with their cc's that allow the druid to just sk8 by.

Solid comp, solid players, can't really say he's getting carried, his teamates are just doing their jobs and not screwing up. Do they have more skill than he does, yes....but going to 2500 vs RMP/RLS legend campers isn't like getting carried to 2200 or even 2400. Lay off.

The way you talk, it just seems like the rdruids job in 3s is to sit back and do nothing which is not true AT ALL. You can't just say a rdruid's success literally only depends on his partners because if he doesnt do what he has to do his team will lose no matter how good his partners are. I also have a hard time figuring out what you mean by ''slow ccs'' since druids have cyclone, roots and hibernate which are definitely not that long to cast and that small amount of cast time you're gonna gain isnt essential. It's still possible for me to cast with my !@#$ haste, dont worry! I'm also not standing in ''good shamans'' face so they can shock me when im casting clone.

For the healing not on par with PHD dmg or w/e, is the RPD rogue jerking off in a corner? He shoulda kinda stop some damage, heard rogues are pretty good at that
2s are also a joke for rdruids unless you face a top ret dk or w/e
04/19/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Spankman
I can actually say I have beaten Drclones in 2s. Granted he dc'd, but a win is a win :P

I had 0 healing done on the scoreboard, meaning i didnt come out of stealth because of a dc
Im sure the screenshot you took b/c you were so proud will prove it, want a medal for the 2v1?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why are people saying he got carried......He clearly knows what he is doing.... Why else would so few get that high up as rdruid. There is a very obvious reason he wins.... He has just as much skill as any of his partners,otherwise he would be like me and die.

And for the record heals cant be carried, because they are the heals and without them the rest of the team would surely die. If he is able to heal thru decked out peoples damage then he is not being carried. Everyclass has to know what their doing at that point.

Also i would like to point out that this was a forum to ask him questions about resto pvp, not to say he was carried(however ludicrous the thought).

ps. drclones there is still some very good info in here despite the nubs. ty
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Why are people saying he got carried......He clearly knows what he is doing.... Why else would so few get that high up as rdruid. There is a very obvious reason he wins.... He has just as much skill as any of his partners,otherwise he would be like me and die.

And for the record heals cant be carried, because they are the heals and without them the rest of the team would surely die. If he is able to heal thru decked out peoples damage then he is not being carried. Everyclass has to know what their doing at that point.

Also i would like to point out that this was a forum to ask him questions about resto pvp, not to say he was carried(however ludicrous the thought).

ps. drclones there is still some very good info in here despite the nubs. ty
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm having a real hard time against melee.. I just can't seem to live against melee as well as other healers can (my main is a war, I know for a fact rdruids are the easiest to kill for me). Not sure how to balance healing vs bear form vs cc'ing. Seems no matter what I do, it always comes down to going from 100% to 0 in the duration of a HoJ or full kidney or something.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/22/2012 04:29 AMPosted by Devkeeper
I'm having a real hard time against melee.. I just can't seem to live against melee as well as other healers can (my main is a war, I know for a fact rdruids are the easiest to kill for me). Not sure how to balance healing vs bear form vs cc'ing. Seems no matter what I do, it always comes down to going from 100% to 0 in the duration of a HoJ or full kidney or something.

Being smart with barks will help a pinch, more so knowing the comp you're playing and watching for swaps and predicting cc. Don't get caught :)"The way you talk, it just seems like the rdruids job in 3s is to sit back and do nothing which is not true AT ALL. You can't just say a rdruid's success literally only depends on his partners because if he doesnt do what he has to do his team will lose no matter how good his partners are. I also have a hard time figuring out what you mean by ''slow ccs'' since druids have cyclone, roots and hibernate which are definitely not that long to cast and that small amount of cast time you're gonna gain isnt essential. It's still possible for me to cast with my !@#$ haste, dont worry! I'm also not standing in ''good shamans'' face so they can shock me when im casting clone.

For the healing not on par with PHD dmg or w/e, is the RPD rogue jerking off in a corner? He shoulda kinda stop some damage, heard rogues are pretty good at that
2s are also a joke for rdruids unless you face a top ret dk or w/e."

-You misunderstood the first part but that's alright.
-Have you played with reforges and decided that spirit/crit is prime for your comp or in general? I've played with haste and spirit so far only, then again this is an alt and doesn't get a lot of attention....but around where my spirit is now im comfortable skirmishing with teams, but outside your comp, has anything stood out. In my case, haste has the largest benefit for my personal style and the partners i've played with have lack luster cc or awareness so it's definitely saved my A$$!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/22/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Rooftrellen
[quote="46619069578"]I'm having a real hard time against melee.. I just can't seem to live against melee as well as other healers can (my main is a war, I know for a fact rdruids are the easiest to kill for me). Not sure how to balance healing vs bear form vs cc'ing. Seems no matter what I do, it always comes down to going from 100% to 0 in the duration of a HoJ or full kidney or something.

Being smart with barks will help a pinch, more so knowing the comp you're playing and watching for swaps and predicting cc. Don't get caught :)

I'm not sure how to not get caught. Playing against melee, I'm always the target. double melee teams are the hardest. they'll completely ignore my rogue partner aside from a little CC, and chase me. I can stay away for awhile but you can't run forever and once that moment comes it's a full duration CC of some kind and they blow CD's.

I know 2's is pretty messed up so the melee/melee doesn't bother me that much. What frustrates more is the healer/melee teams.

It seems like druids are so much easier for melee classes to kill than other healers in a 1v1 or 2v2 situation... am I just doing it wrong?

Like vs a rogue... I can tell what's going to happen from the beggining. He'll CoS the fearie fire, vanish. open with a garrot (silence)as soon as silence wears off or i do travel, full kidney, pop CD's.

If my trinket is up I can usually get away for the moment, and if CoS is gone then I like to NS clone (if possible).

Herein lies my sticking point, with every melee really. At some point they've caught me, and burst on me, I'm trying to get away. In just the few globals that pass for a garrot/strangulate to wear off or to react and take action from a stun, I'm below 50% health easily. I think I have a few options, assuming ToL is on CD. I can stay in caster form and heal, and try and run but pretty much everyone has slows these days. I can go travel and try and run away but I'm not healing myself as effectively. I can go bear and regen (if available) but the healing from it doesn't match up to the dps melee classes are doing, and hope for my rogue to save me.

This is where I always feel like I make the wrong decision. If I stay caster and heal, I get caught in a stun or silence or something and am super squishy. If I go travel and run, I run the risk of getting caught the same way. If I go bear, I can live for a little while but I'm not making any progress and nothing changes, I still am low on HP with the enemy right on me.

It feels like there should be a "right" combination of time casting heals, time running, and going bear, that I haven't figured out yet.

And then I wonder... am I just not healing enough? I've watched my rogue partner just beat on shamans forever and not kill him, are druids just incapable of healing through a melee classes onslaught? Or am I doing it wrong again?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I appreciate the OP making this thread in a constructive manner. This sort of thing is a valuable resource to forming a good community.

Personally however, I disagree with his sentiment that resto Druids are "fine."

I need to call to everyone's attention, the largest, most abused Internet and youth fallacy in pages of discussion: "possible" is NOT the same as "probable."PVP in particular is competitive. Those are not resto Druid healers in the top of every single comp this season. And as Shouri, the other high rated resto Druid, was mentioned, he says the exact opposite of what the OP is claiming. As far as the ladders are concerned, the evidence supports Shouri, not the OP.
Let's clear something up. If someone has to work harder in a competitive environment to achieve a comparable result to his opponents, that's called a disadvantage or a handicap.

Resto druid's are at a handicap.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]