Cross Realm Raiding - PUGJobs

90 Orc Warrior
As WoW servers have seen a recent decline in consistent and quality raiding for more casual players, my guild and I decided to put something together using some of the newer services given to us by the guys at Openraid, in order to counteract the troubles with recruiting that we have seen so many guilds dealing with. Cross realm raiding is a feature we believe will be vital to the continued long term success of Word of Warcraft, and we intend on being at the forefront of this new opportunity. We have a regular set schedule of cross realm raiding content for transmog, achievements, heroics, “challenge modes”, and more. Our goal is to have a constantly active, and constantly expanding, community of raiders who run all sorts of World of Warcraft raid content for fun, but with goals. All of our raids will have an OpenRaid reference, so please make sure you head over there to sign up for our raids. If you do not wish to use Openraid, please contact us at least 48 hours prior to the raid time in order to guarantee your spot in the raid.

PUGJobs will do our best to create an environment that promotes fun and success. Down bosses, and enjoy the process. Get achievements, and have some laughs. Throughout the weeks we update a running white and black list of people in order to maximize both fun and success for everyone. In general, if you are a good player and a good person, you will be all set with PUGJobs. No one gets autokicked for a wipe, but at the same time, if you are a problem for the raid, you will be removed. We want to foster the good times, and people who take away from that will be removed and not welcome back.

The overall goal of all of these old content runs (we will also be doing DS10 runs on our server, US-Zul’jin, but sadly that doesn’t apply to most of you) will be to establish a community of people who are in a similar boat to us and want to run content, even if it isn’t cutting edge progression, and have some fun. Maybe you are a hardcore raider with an alt that doesn’t fit into your guild alt runs, maybe you are in a position like we are with a slowly eroding guild, maybe you are just a good player who doesn’t have a guild right now. Regardless, we would like this to organically evolve into a group of people who have fun raiding together, encourage each other to do better in a happy manner, and down stuff. Who knows, maybe even have the community run franchised raids at some point? All of this leads up to MoP, where the current raid tier will be available to cross realm raiding, and our idea can truly shine through. So sign up, run some raids, get some loot and achieves, and remember…you too can have fun with strangers!

Check out http://pugjobs.com for a ton more information about the project and what exactly we do, as well as our raid schedule. Remember, we are working with Openraid in order to act as a community within a community, devs from both projects work together on a weekly basis.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
TL;DR.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
right? im not reading way to much
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Not really sure how that is too much to read, sorry for spoiling your day with words, and thanks for taking the time to post a reply but not read.

Enjoy the raiding folks!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I pugged Heroic Rag, with ease. Your group is not needed. Furthermore, why you are working on a cross realm pug group within a cross realm pug group community is a bit redundant, wouldn't you agree? I shall call you Xzibit. "YO DAWG, HEARD YOU LIKE PUG RAIDS SO WE PUT A PUG RAID IN YO PUG RAID SO YOU CAN PUG RAID WHILE YOU PUG RAID."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
What is this? I don't even...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/31/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Thebro
I pugged Heroic Rag, with ease. Your group is not needed. Furthermore, why you are working on a cross realm pug group within a cross realm pug group community is a bit redundant, wouldn't you agree? I shall call you Xzibit. "YO DAWG, HEARD YOU LIKE PUG RAIDS SO WE PUT A PUG RAID IN YO PUG RAID SO YOU CAN PUG RAID WHILE YOU PUG RAID."

Not many people can pug Heroic Rag on their server, no matter how great your server may be. You are lucky to have the group and community you have. A lot of people can barely put together a DS10 pug on their server with 9 other decent players.

Why would it be redundant to have a consistent group of people to run cross realm raids with? The point of Openraid is not exclusively to provide pug groups all the time, it is to provide cross realm raiding in an organized fashion. We have a lot of people who return week after week to run content with us. Every single week, we gain more and more people who are interested in running a variety of content with us. So we have people who return, and we have people who want us to run more stuff so they can come along. I would think that alone speaks to how our project is relevant.

This server has been the only one to provide such a negative reaction to our project, as we normally get a lot of kudos for trying to help people. I am curious, is your server particularly high in progression? All of you that have posted are Horde, and some even have guild names in all caps. Is it Horde and progression heavy?
Reply Quote
Our top guild just got heroic warmaster down with the 15% nerf, so yeah we are heavily progressed!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/burning-legion

Most of the top 25 guilds here are Horde. Only 2 of them are 25m guilds (Invictus - 6/8H, Advent 5-8H), and 1 is horde (Invictus) and the other, Alliance (Advent). Burning Legion isn't a huge server, but its one of the bigger ones.

Its not a bad idea, whatsoever, but you're getting replies from the more progressed guilds here. I'm sure there are people on the server that would do this with you, just not many of them visit the forums, I'm sure.
Reply Quote
http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/burning-legion

Most of the top 25 guilds here are Horde. Only 2 of them are 25m guilds (Invictus - 6/8H, Advent 5-8H), and 1 is horde (Invictus) and the other, Alliance (Advent). Burning Legion isn't a huge server, but its one of the bigger ones.

Its not a bad idea, whatsoever, but you're getting replies from the more progressed guilds here. I'm sure there are people on the server that would do this with you, just not many of them visit the forums, I'm sure.

Invictus is 10 man now, Ragnarok is the new 25 man
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What's progression? Is that like waiting for nerfs and then trying to kill bosses?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Since when are we a 10m?
Reply Quote

Since when are we a 10m?

SINCE EVER
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Since when are we a 10m?

SINCE EVER

I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS SIR. I NEED TO TELL 15 PEOPLE TO LEAVE RAID NOW. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW.
Reply Quote

SINCE EVER

I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS SIR. I NEED TO TELL 15 PEOPLE TO LEAVE RAID NOW. THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW.

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME GOOD SIR I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR 10 MAN!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I don't like 10 mans :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
why does the new guy in invictus post for invictus? thats funny.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
04/04/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Vaydun

as the next newest guy I can confirm that Thebro now has seniority to me and power to hold counsel on all forum issues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

It's a brand new guild, I know about 7 names in their current roster anymore. The rest of the new guys have NO idea what they just got them selves into.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

Posting for? No, I post for myself. Thanks for worrying about my actions though, buttercup!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]