An Argument For Warlock Tanks #5

(Locked)

85 Human Warlock
Blizzard, hear our cries! Give us tanking!
85 Human Warlock
Warlocks shouldn't tank.

/signed the shaman community.

Shamans should be able to tank. You scratch our back, we'll scratch yours.

/signed (many) in the warlock community
85 Human Warlock
I got the beta late last night. Played the panda starting zone. Was fun but wound up going to bed at 2:15 AM.

Gonna get on a lock in the beta and see what we can see regarding tanking and locks in general.
90 Worgen Warlock
I really hope they do listen
90 Blood Elf Paladin
do itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttso would drop my pally and dk tanks for a lock tank
100 Tauren Warrior
@last 3 posts on page 4

Interesting stuff, if this goes live that would be pretty cool.
89 Orc Warlock
03/30/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Shadowprof
Gonna get on a lock in the beta and see what we can see regarding tanking and locks in general.

i am looking forward to you analysis!
85 Draenei Warrior
These threads are just silly. 5 threads about the same thing? I'm sure all was said in the first one that needed to be said. More than that then you are trying to create a petition to be signed. Luckily there are very few real wow players that visit the forums.
90 Gnome Warlock
once again time to plug my Facebook group here. help support the warlock tank!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/274945302584466/?notif_t=group_r2j#!/groups/274945302584466/275278692551127/?notif_t=group_activity
89 Orc Warlock
I put a survey up on page one, and in like manner i want to put a second survey up.

Imagine blizz totally nixes the idea of permanent Lock Tanking for ever. However they still want to adapt the "threatening Presence" (TP) ability. How should it be used?

1) Like it is in the current Glyph: Demonology Locks get two stances/forms. TP is a defensive stance and Meta is a DPS stance. TP can't be used to maintank, but it can be used to off tank for a short while. You cannot switch between meta and TP directly, instead you have to spend a 10-second cooldown in caster form before you can switch to either form.

2) TP is an advanced secondary Metamorphosis on a cooldown. It is available to demonology locks. You can transform directly from Meta into TP or from caster form to TP. You can effectively tank for about 1 minute. but when you drop TP you cannot use meta again for 1 minute, and you cannot use TP again for 5 minutes.

3) TP is an emergency cooldown available to all specs . You turn into a true Demon-tank with all necessary tanking skills (armor, dodge, block, parry, mitigation, taunt, threat etc.) for 2 minutes, but using it incurs a 20 minute cooldown.
89 Orc Warlock
03/30/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Haibane
These threads are just silly. 5 threads about the same thing? I'm sure all was said in the first one that needed to be said. More than that then you are trying to create a petition to be signed. Luckily there are very few real wow players that visit the forums.

capped threads sink into the depths of obscurity and people who did not see those earlier threads will never see them. A consistantly fresh thread keeps the issue active for people who trickle in and out of the Forums.

Also it's only fair to let people throw in their 2-cents either for or against demo-tanking even if their opinions have already been said by others before them.
Edited by Erinnys on 3/30/2012 3:13 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warlock

Please read the basics of the debate before jumping in and making bad arguments.
They arent going to touch your precious demonology they are just giving players the option to tank if that is what they want which seems to be what most warlocks want at this point.

Give them an inch, then take back the inch, and they demand the inch back.

Fixed

Beta.

Payed Beta

Fixed

Also I do have a question does demon form make demonic fury fade over time?
Would it be possible that during a boss fight where there is a point where theres nothing to hit the warlock might fall out of tank mode?
88 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Haibane

Its wonderful constructive critisim like this that got us to 4 CAPPED threads. We salute you.
85 Draenei Warrior
If you want to tank so bad then you should roll a real tanking class. There is no way a Warlock tank would work inside this games mechanics. We are all ready getting a new tank in the monk.
85 Draenei Warrior
03/30/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Frylox

Its wonderful constructive critisim like this that got us to 4 CAPPED threads. We salute you.
You don't get it, I'm telling you that you are no longer arguing for something, you are just creating a petition and having people sign it.

I have a Warlock that I love playing it, but again this is not about arguing why but just seeing how many numbers you can put behind a title.
89 Orc Warlock
Also I do have a question does demon form make demonic fury fade over time?
Would it be possible that during a boss fight where there is a point where theres nothing to hit the warlock might fall out of tank mode?

The way it currently stands, there are two forms:

• Metamorphosis increases dps and slowly consumes Fury and cannot be sustained, basic spam ability (demonic slash) can be used at range but costs fury
  • Threatening Presence decreases dps but also decreases damage taken, allows for taunting and threat generation and does not consume fury, Demonic Slash has to be in melee range but it builds fury, and TP can be sustained indefinitely
  • Edited by Erinnys on 3/30/2012 3:17 PM PDT
    88 Human Warlock
    03/30/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Haibane
    If you want to tank so bad then you should roll a real tanking class. There is no way a Warlock tank would work inside this games mechanics. We are all ready getting a new tank in the monk.

What constitutes a "real tanking class"
    Is it what can be queued for in LFD/LFR? - This is what we want
    Or is it a "spec" that has full tanking abilities? - We already got it (mostly)

Many of us have classes that can alread queue as tanks, we just want another form of doing it.
    And how would Locktanks not work....plz elaborate.
    Edited by Frylox on 3/30/2012 3:19 PM PDT
    85 Draenei Warrior
    03/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Frylox

What constitutes a "real tanking class"
    Is it what can be queued for in LFD/LFR? - This is what we want
    Or is it a "spec" that has full tanking abilities? - We already got it (mostly)

Now you are just typing to read your own words.
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    03/30/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Haibane

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254517075?page=1

Read that if you're interested, it should explain everything.
    85 Human Warlock
    03/30/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow
    I don't understand people's argument that a giant demonic creature is unfit to tank. It's a giant demon, what's weak and fragile about that?! It's coated in it's demonic nether plating, has 600% armor boost, and up-close demon abilities to tank with. (not a long range caster tank like many are complaining about)

I think a that fits far more to tank than a Druid in form of a bear, with nothing more than flesh and fur, and Warrior, which only ability they have is to wear metal over their bodies. Demonic power is something strong as hell, people underestimate it too much.

03/30/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Derrek
    he discussion has evolved a lot along with the changes and clarifications that have rolled out recently but you'll find most of our utility spells listed in there.

True. Most people that say we wouldn't be able to tank didn't have any decent info about it or simply dismissed all of them for no reason. Even the Ghostcrawler post was nonsense. All that selfhealing, cd's, mitigations and resources and he says we don't have enough?! I think we have even more resources than a paladin in fact. On the first version of the glyph of course.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]