An Argument For Warlock Tanks #5

(Locked)

85 Draenei Warrior
03/30/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Relitheria
If you want to tank so bad then you should roll a real tanking class. There is no way a Warlock tank would work inside this games mechanics. We are all ready getting a new tank in the monk.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254517075?page=1

Read that if you're interested, it should explain everything.
Interested to read some random players thoughts about how something should magically work cause they woke up one morning and imagined them self tanking with their warlock? No thank you sir. It's all conjecture or even less than that.
100 Tauren Paladin
Plate wearing tank classes are hard enough to heal with the dumdums that don't intgrate their CDs properly, or assume invincibility based on their ilvl and ignore mechanics that DO still hurt, and CAN still kill you, or try to slap tank gear on while in ret/arms/fury/holy/resto whatever non-tank spec...

The last thing I want to have to heal is a bad tank who wears cloth.
Edited by Oximusprime on 3/30/2012 3:25 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
Plate wearing tank classes are hard enough to heal with the dumdums that don't intgrate their CDs properly, or assume invincibility based on their ilvl and ignore mechanics that DO still hurt, and CAN still kill you, or try to slap tank gear on while in ret/arms/fury/holy/resto whatever non-tank spec...

The last thing I want to have to heal a bad tank who wears cloth.

ignorant post is ignorant
Just chiming in here to say I thoroughly support the possibility of Warlock tanking, that being actual tanking where Warlocks can queue for it and not just be emergency off-tanks.

I'd be okay with a 4th spec, a well-done glyph, a well-done talent, heck I'd be okay with a metagem of warlock-tanking or a boot enchant of tankiness. Whatever the medium winds up being, I'm okay with it. The proof of concept has already been shown by the various gameplay videos and mechanical details that I've seen in the beta.

Blizzard stumbled upon a very innovative idea here, and I'm more excited about this change than I was about the entire creation of a new class the Death Knight.

I have an 85 of every tanking class, and have played each one specced into tanking. I don't see anything unreasonable in adding another spec to the mix, and would *love* to enjoy that aspect with this toon.
85 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 03:13 PMPosted by Haibane
If you want to tank so bad then you should roll a real tanking class. There is no way a Warlock tank would work inside this games mechanics. We are all ready getting a new tank in the monk.

Really, what part of the meaning of the word "change" you guys don't understand?

"Oh my god! It's a dps class that can't tank asking for tanking skills (which was given, in fact) to be able to tank! But it isn't going to work, because they can't tank now!"

Good point.
90 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 03:18 PMPosted by Haibane
Now you are just typing to read your own words.

No, I'm interested in your thoughts....

Why don't you think this should happen?
Before you answer, plz read Tyanisse's counters to most of the reasons ppl have come up with as to NOT let locks tank.
85 Draenei Warrior
03/30/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Frylox
Now you are just typing to read your own words.

Before you answer, plz read Tyanisse's counters to most of the reasons ppl have come up with as to NOT let locks tank.

No, you want people to keep filling up your threads so you can make another one and put the #6 behind it.

Honestly you are just spamming at this point.
90 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Haibane

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254517075?page=1

Read that if you're interested, it should explain everything.
Interested to read some random players thoughts about how something DOES work cause they woke up one morning and blizz gave them skills to let them self tanking with their warlock? No thank you sir. It's all conjecture or even less than that.

Those are all...very....good....ummmm...reasons.
I fixed it for ya tho...
thx for the bump.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Nevermind balancing dps with survivability, since they obviously don't have anything to do with each other. Its ok if other tanks can't do as much damage as warlocks, just as long as we can tank just as well as them."

"Oh... you said no? Well thats ok, I'm just gonna whine about it on the forums for days on end and throw a hissy until I get my way."... these threads are gross.

As a warlock, you should know that Demo DPS without the meta buff is on par with tanks.

I totally beg to differ, demo dps right now is on par with (or very close to) other dps classes... I do 18 to 28k, depending on the number of enemies and group/raid class make-up.

With my secondary main character being a protection paladin I am very familiar with tanking and LOVE the idea of my warlock being able to tank by staying in demon form... I love using metamorphosis already, using more would be great fun.
89 Undead Warlock
03/30/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Haibane

No, you want people to keep filling up your threads so you can make another one and put the #6 behind it.

Well that's ironic.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
03/30/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Haibane
Interested to read some random players thoughts about how something should magically work cause they woke up one morning and imagined them self tanking with their warlock? No thank you sir. It's all conjecture or even less than that.

If you had read that link, you would have seen that it was a comprehensive listing of the tanking tools that were implemented on Beta with the Glyph of Demon Hunting. Not imagined, but actually implemented in the Beta.

If you can't come up with a better argument than "no, no, NO!", then why are you even bothering bumping the thread?
90 Human Warlock

Good thing as a demon, i dont wear armor.
Ever heal a bear?
90 Gnome Warlock

please please please go look at my spec and take a nice long look at even the current meta morph. if that was permenate we wouldn't be a clothy any more then a bear is wearing leather. befor you get all high and mighty healer please do your research on the particular topic.

even the "nerfed" demon form, still gives us just about as much armor as a dk. just like with all classes you will have bads and you will have the epic players. we don't expect every warlock to go running in with glyph thinking "OH BOY I HAS TAUNTS!" alot of us are serious, and know how to properly tank. I have 2 other toons that are in fact "True" tanks that I enjoy on many levels.

basicaly what it boils down to here is we dont want to get squished by a raid boss because the tank goes down and we swap to the TP that GC is proposing and healers dont catch it. and even if they did, why would a lock nerf their dps to be an E-tank when most raids want a clean kill, not one brought on by an off-tank (an antiquidated idea) just skip the off tank test and just give us the option to be a true tank.

/end rant
90 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Haibane

So you're pretty much trollin??!!?
90 Goblin Warlock
Demonic Sight: The warlock uses int as dodge instead of agility as dodge.(Illidan kind of has this but the story behind it is much more complex)

Or just go the path dungeons and dragons went. Pretty much what is going on now but int also gives dodge and you only can benefit from which of int or agility is higher.
90 Human Warlock
03/30/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Rothrin
Demonic Sight: The warlock uses int as dodge instead of agility as dodge.

I like it :)
Or like said before Spirit = dodge or parry or some avoidence stuffs
90 Goblin Warlock
03/30/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Frylox
Demonic Sight: The warlock uses int as dodge instead of agility as dodge.

I like it :) Or like said before Spirit = dodge or parry or some avoidence stuffs

Its a good idea at heart but what is the story behind it? Being tenacious doesnt make you quicker or be able to read the enemies attacks. It might make more sense with parry though but if they give locks both avoidances the mastery to mitigation would need some serious nerfing.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Warlocks already get the base crit reduction, threat bonus, flat mitigation every tank gets, and a % boost to their cloth. You get self healing through a threat generating AoE life drain, fair enough. You get multiple abilities to grab AoE threat. Again, fair enough. You also have a taunt on a 8 second cool down. Great! What about a damage reduction spell..? Getting that too!

You now need avoidance. Spirit would be way too much to ask, since it would piss off the priest healers even more that they have to share with shadow priests. If you ever give avoidance to a Warlock tank it would be through other means, such as Intellect. Compare it to a druid if you will.

EDIT: Blizzard could also create set pieces or armor pieces specifically tailored to a Warlock tank. IE:

[Uber Warlock Dungeon Head]
Head                            Cloth
Binds when Picked up
1,086 Armor
+345 Intellect
+350 Stamina

Equip: Increases your dodge chance by 300
Equip: Increases your parry chance by 250
Edited by Litlsyli on 3/30/2012 4:14 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Death Knight
If you guys get to be tanks, then more classes are going to ask for other roles. Let it die.

There.. I said it.

And there is a problem with that?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]