I want world PvP and Rant

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone from Vanilla and BC knew the feeling of how this server used to be PvP wise. Burning Legion used to be a PvP server. Now it just seems like some 'Normal' server.

-If you flew to Tarren Mill / South Shore you'd have people killing each other left and right.
-Horde got their fix by going to Sentinel Hill in Westfall
-Alliance would strike back at Crossroads in the Barrens.
-If you were leveling in a Nuetral Zone you were bound to find someone to battle.
-Alliance could be seen not only Dueling in front of the Gates of SW, but they'd also be at Goldshire, and even Sentinel hill.

I miss those days.

---

Also all the new WoW players kind of bother me, but I guess I should feel sympathy since they didn't get to experience the same WoW that I got to.. but they still complain about stupid stuff.

"OH MY GOD I HAVE TO FLY ALL THE WAY OVER THERE?"
We used to have to run there and find the flight paths ourselves.

"GAWD MY HEARTH STONE ISNT UP, ITS BEEN LIKE, 15 MINUTES."
Back in my day that thing never finished cooling down.

"QUE IS TAKING FOREVER."
We didn't have LFG. We used to have to /who and hope they wanted to go.

"TWO DAYS AFTER STARTING MY CHARACTER IM ONLY LEVEL 45"
You think we got heirlooms? That didn't even exist til WOTLK.

"OH YOUR GUILD ISN'T LEVEL TWENTY FIVE?"
If you are still connected to some old school players, tell them about it. Their reaction will be something along the lines of "WTF WoW GOT SO EASY"

"THIS AV IS TAKING FOREVER"
Try three hours.

---
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
3 Hour AVs? Sir, your AV experience is lacking. Try 3 day AVs. My mage hit exalted with Frostwolf in his first Alterac Valley.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
03/31/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Thebro
3 Hour AVs? Sir, your AV experience is lacking. Try 3 day AVs. My mage hit exalted with Frostwolf in his first Alterac Valley.

SUMMON THE ICE ELEMENTAL.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yep.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
yeah I miss the world pvp of BL
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
i sure do miss those days, even though i never hit the lvl cap till wotlk xD, the game just seemed so magical back then
Edited by Taysaurus on 4/2/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yea can not even seem to get a good griefing anymore
Reply Quote
Only fun world pvp in cata was when invictus was pvping, and then the molten front, good times
Edited by Jaron on 4/3/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
hanging out in org is so boring now
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
04/04/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Lobostalker
hanging out in org is so boring now

You interrupted our sharing circle.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/03/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Jaron
Only fun world pvp in cata was when invictus was pvping, and then the molten front, good times
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tried to do some PvP the other day. I was on Tinkerballa, I had Sankeman, Deathmarine, Noxxo, Jonkman, and Skudge. Most of which were rogues but we killed a lot of people outside Stormwind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
yea that was fun
and yes that was me yelling "me luv U"
your pocket healer was pissing me off
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yea that was fun
and yes that was me yelling "me luv U"
your pocket healer was pissing me off

Glad you enjoyed it. :]
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
HC
3 Hour AVs? Sir, your AV experience is lacking. Try 3 day AVs

Or longer.

Good times...I really miss when people were accountable for things.

eg:

No LFG, so everyone you ran with was from your server. Showed your trollface the whole dungeon? Wont be running with them ever again. Reputations lasted far beyond just one group.

Friendships and rivalries were more serious, and also created better PVP avenues.

Actually ninja'd something and can't find anyone to group with now? /giggle

Trolling was funnier. People would troll because their heart was in it, not because they are waiting on a LFG queue.

When a group already has two people at a stone to summon when you enter group. That feeling of glee...

04/03/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Jaron
molten front

Molten Front PVP:
Step 1:
Zerg
Step 2:
Run back in Sanctuary
Step 3:
Repeat....?

Not sure how thats fun at all...

I might have some ele or enhance pvp gear layin around. Next time you guys are razing an enemy city, send me an invite.
Edited by Eein on 4/9/2012 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Priest
Yeah I really never saw the appeal of molten front pvp. At least with SSO you got to watch the runners get wrecked by guards.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/09/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Thepriestjr
Yeah I really never saw the appeal of molten front pvp. At least with SSO you got to watch the runners get wrecked by guards.

Second best thing to runnin around with my stunherald
Reply Quote
Actually..thinking about it, the sanctuary was the most annoying thing ever about molten front... Most of my memories we're further out or of random pve nerds trying to kill me while wearing 0 resil...thinking about it..the sanctuary ruined molten front, but i guess thats why i tried to not stand near it unless everyone was over there. Besides, my goal was to piss people off and for something to do besides sit in SW, so i guess it accomplished those somewhat decently
Edited by Jaron on 4/9/2012 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
HC
Yea, sanctuary and op guards ruin wpvp on wow atm.

At least imo.
Edited by Eein on 4/9/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah i agree, i did some world pvp in mulgore last night..made some people pissed off but that was it, was pretty entertaining though, this noblegarden brings SOME world pvp, but not alot.

Was a little disappointed nobody made a rage thread about it either :(, according to my friend they were pretty mad at me, not to sound mean but its not as fun if theres no rage whispers/forum rage threads :(
Edited by Jaron on 4/9/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]