Guild Dethroned ......

85 Human Paladin
03/31/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Ajiko
It just defies all logic as to why these people would invite random strangers to their guild that is basically a glorified personal bank.

To level their guild to 25, and generate free money for themselves through the gold perk. It's a little bit ridiculous, to be honest.

Seriously, if you really aren't playing the game, or playing on that server anymore, why do you care if you lose it?

It's the "it's mine" mentality.

"Oh, but some random stranger managed to get guild access and stole everything and kicked everyone out!"

Well, if someone at Rank Lowest got GM, I'm willing to bet that the guild only had three to five "active" members anyway, and the odds are none of them knew each other. Big deal. One of them got the stuff in the bank, the others need to find a new casual guild if they want their Mass Rez back while they do their once-a-week LFD run... big deal.
Reply Quote
79 Dwarf Priest
One thing I fond funny is how many of you assume that I was playing on a different server. I have been on the same server the whole time and I did not once see anyone from my guild running around.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
It doesn't matter what server you were playing on, you were playing on a toon that wasn't your Guild Leader toon. You let your guild leader toon go inactive.

When you don't follow the rules, and someone else does, that's what happens. Next time, make sure if you're a guild leader you keep your guild leader toon active. All you have to do is log into it once a month. It doesn't get any easier than that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
A lot of people defend this crap because it's 30 days of no GM, and somehow passed down to someone who wasn't an officer.

What you people fail to understand is that once the GM goes inactive, the next highest rank gets the chance to take the guild. If you manage to get all the way down to "entry level" rank, that means that you have these groups you may or may not have made, all inactive.

This makes absolutely no sense. You're disagreeing with people for siding with the Dethroning policy and then go on to explain exactly why those same people sided with the Dethroning.
Everyone in this thread saying OP had it coming is trolling and most of you are falling for it.

The OP stated this was not a guild for leveling, questing, raiding or any other such activity but rather a guild for players (mostly friends and family) to use as an extended bank.

You don't seem to realize that the majority of the regulars in this board favor the Dethroning policy. It doesn't matter if you agree with it or not.

It also doesn't matter what you're using the guild for. If someone managed to get put into the position where the Dethroning option was available, one or more people who could've prevented that person from taking over failed in their responsibilities to the guild.

The Guild Leader has full control over who remains in the guild, and not only that, has full control over whether someone can Dethrone him. Blaming Blizzard for this is nothing more than deflecting personal responsibility.

04/01/2012 05:11 PMPosted by Supadupa
I have been on the same server the whole time and I did not once see anyone from my guild running around.

If this is the case, your problem was entirely preventable by your action.
Edited by Seiryu on 4/2/2012 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
...in fact was mostly a banking guild and a storage place for friends from in game and family. We had a few others from when we tried to make it grow before the guild ranking came out and I guess one of them never left....

...I am willing to bet that all of my personal items that were in my bank is gone along with the money that was in it. ...

...have been working on 4 other toons and neglected this one for a while and then I log on to this. NOT ONCE did I receive any sort of notification that this was happening....

...IMO Blizzard helped to facilitate the destruction of my guild.

I "edited" your post for length and what stood out to me...

The first thing...Your guild was "in fact" NOT a "storage" place as of the day you decided to start inviting additional members to increase your guild level.

Second...Your "personal" items should have been in your personal bank, not in the guild bank. A guild bank is "community property" of the guild (or at least it should be) and not intended for personal GL storage.

Third...You admit that you were playing WoW and neglected to log into your GL character. "Neglect" is an important word in both your sentence and mine. You also neglected to read the Patch Notes that are a part of the launcher while the patch is downloading because Blizzard notified the entire WoW community of this change when 4.3 launched in the Patch Notes. Blizzard also used this website to notify players approximately 2 months prior to implementation via the PTR Patch Notes AND the News Feed. It is not Blizzard's fault you failed to read information they made public to you along with every other player. You were notified in several ways, you simply "neglected" to read public information. Blizzard is under no obligation to send you a personal note when changes are made to the mechanics of the game.

And, finally, while it is very unfortunate that you lost your guild in this way, it was you who facilitated the "destruction of [your] guild" by "neglecting" to log into your GL character on a regular basis, "neglecting" to remove any player who was not a personal friend or famility member from a "storage guild" and by "neglecting" to keep yourself aware of Blizzard Policy regarding guilds and their leadership (which in this case was as simple as reading the Launcher Patch Notes when you downloaded a patch).
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Crabby diris al mi far ĝin!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/02/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Ajiko
One thing I fond funny is how many of you assume that I was playing on a different server. I have been on the same server the whole time and I did not once see anyone from my guild running around.

You realize this makes it even worse right? You were still actively playing and on the same realm as your guild no less and still couldn't be bothered to spend the 30 seconds to log in to your guild leader character to protect your guild. I don't think you could possibly be any more lazy or irresponsible.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I feel for you mate...Doesn't really seem fair or within the spirit of the rules really. This person did not take over to continue running the guild..THey took it over to %!** all its guild bank items and use the storage for themself.

OP, don't listen to these ******** as they would not know what empathy is. I notice that in the WOW comunity people love kicking someone in the guts when they a bit down.

I agree. I ran into a simmlar problem with my bank guild that had a few members in it. Bliz realy didn't put any thought into the small(less than 8 account) bank guilds when they did this. My very small guild got taken over by some one I know but is almost never on when I am and I have not had a chance to get with him yet to get it back, hopefully I will get it back. I have a lot of gold and items invested in the bank. There is too much oppertunity for bank guilds to get robbed or even regular guilds to get robbed because of the automation. To fix this from happening:

1) There needs to be a minium number of accounts (9 min since there are 10 account raiding guilds) in a guild for dethrone to occur

2) Replacment should be sellected with vote in the guild in a limited number of days for votes to be cast. If there are no votes cast then there should be no replacment.

3)there needs to be a minium guild level for it to happen

4)Limit the new GL's ability to kick and change higher ranks upon dethrone for a period of time

If Bliz would do this it would protect tiny guilds that are not used often, for leveling, or generaly as a bank. There is no reason for anyone to try to take over a level 1-5 guild any way and chances are at that level the GL spent all the money on the guild bank son most of the items should be his any way.
Edited by Noskills on 4/7/2012 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
04/07/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Noskills
I ran into a simmlar problem with my bank guild that had a few members in it.

Your guild was not a bank guild. The system is working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
04/07/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Noskills
I agree. I ran into a simmlar problem with my bank guild that had a few members in it.

I don't know what is so hard for some people to understand: As long as there is one other person in your guild; It is not a Bank Guild,"
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I agree. I ran into a simmlar problem with my bank guild that had a few members in it.

I don't know what is so hard for some people to understand: As long as there is one other person in your guild; It is not a Bank Guild,"

I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand that there have been 6 or less account guilds that have had no problems getting ninjaed untill the start of the automated system. But I guess some things are hard to follow for some people.
Edited by Noskills on 4/8/2012 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Again the "type" of guild it is does not nor should not matter. A guild can start out as a "Casual" guild, and slowly evolve into a full blown "hardcore raiding" guild. The reverse is also true. On my sever:I know of several hardcore raiding guilds that started out as, a so called Bank Guild; As well of some bank guilds that started out as a hardcore raiding guild. A single cross the board policy that applies to all guild is the fairest thing.

I have been a regular follower and poster in the Customer Support Forum for several years now. Every month under the old system, there were about the same number of OMG Blizzard give away my guild QQ threads, as there is now. Over the years, every month, there was always been a few Horror Stories of the new GL Gkicking everyone and cleaning out the guild bank. However a lot were in the old forums, which can no longer be access. As for the ones on the new website, I am not about to waste several hours of my time, digging through them all. While there was an apparent increase of Missing Guild Leader replacements, since the new system was announced last September; The percentage of Horror stories is about the same, if not less then as it was before.

In fact I am beginning to see a mark decrease in these type of threads, as now more Guild Leaders are now aware of the policy, and have taken appropriate precautions in their guild structures.

Lastly: To quote Evol on one of his post about the matter.

Here's the thing though: Your guild was always at risk of this. Always. That it's automated now is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that your guild was set up that way, by your own making and own choice, despite the fact that by doing so you were running the risk of losing it to a GM ticket or later to an automated tool. Banking on the hope that no one in your guild knew of the policy isn't a very wise or recommended course of action, as you have now found out. It's a harsh way to learn it, but that's the way it is. You cannot expect Blizzard to make a multitude of tools for a multitude of infinite scenarios. There's one tool, it works this way, it's very easy to understand how it works and it's even easier to prevent it from ever becoming an issue. It's up to guild leaders to figure out how to set up their guild within their own self-imposed constraints that works with that universal tool/policy.
Edited by Ewing on 4/8/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
It's you're responsibility as leader to know the rules... simple enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand that there have been 6 or less account guilds that have had no problems getting ninjaed untill the start of the automated system. But I guess some things are hard to follow for some people.

I don't know why it's so hard for you to understand that it's your responsibility as a "leader" to make sure you understand the rules and mechanics of the game.

Every single player of World of Warcraft was notified via Patch Notes for Patch 4.3. Every single player has access to these Patch Notes via the launcher on Patch Day AND via this website at any time. Also, the implementation of the automated system was widely publicized on this website via the News Feed and discussed at length in the forums (both R&GL and Gen Discussion) for two months before this became a part of the game.

I also don't know why so many people simply fail to read something as informative and easily accesible as Patch Notes.

I also don't know why it is so hard for all of the GL's who come here to say "my [bank, alt, social, F&F - pick one] guild was ninja'd by some random guy I didn't even know" don't understand these fairly simple concepts:

If there is ONE PERSON other than yourself in a guild it IS NOT A BANK! IT IS A GUILD WITH MEMBERS IN IT!

Having ANY members that you don't know means you need to be aware of ANY GAME CHANGES that could effect your guild and its members, both positive and negative, and SOMEONE THAT YOU GAVE PERMISSION TO INVITED THIS RANDOM GUY!

Your members, unless you speak with each of them personally fairly often, have no idea who you are any more than you know who they are. For all this guy knew you quit the game for TOR or ME2 or whatever the latest and greatest is and you were never coming back.

Giant or small, bank or social, raiding or leveling, any guild with absentee leadership is subject to the In-Active Guild Leader Replacement Policy.

Seriously, learn from the mistake and move on knowing better how to protect yourself in the future. And...READ THE PATCH NOTES if you are a GL and/or VISIT THIS WEBSITE at least once a month or so.
Edited by Malorei on 4/9/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]