Why go priest?

65 Worgen Death Knight
I want to start a goblin and thinking of going a caster, just want some opinions: why go priest?
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/01/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Gaurhoth
I want to start a goblin and thinking of going a caster, just want some opinions: why go priest?
Priests are Hybrid, they can recover mana faster than any other caster during combat, are as good as mages, are usually first in the 'Damage dealt' list, They are getting some awesome spells in MoP such as Void shift, physfiend and many more, You can void shift an enemy target by using mind control+Void Shift and it has been proven (This might change as it is very op) the Healer specs are very good, some people won't even bother attacking you if they notice that your a disc/holy because its not easy killing them AND you can heal yourself very well while in shadow spec which makes things quite easy for you.

I hope that helps, I've been in a lot of fights in Disc spec and 75% of the attackers would just give up and run away. :D

Edit: You can also deal decent damage if you decide to go shadow in a healer's gear (Mooncloth).

I hope this helps. :)
Edited by Shandrel on 4/1/2012 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
04/01/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Butterpants
funny how we recover mana faster than other casters yet we have by far the most mana problems.

I'm going to suppose you mean for PvP, because once a PvE Shadowpriest is in decent gear, mana issues should be very, very few.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
why go priest?

Only response....why not?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
To go Facemelter of course!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
ghost crawler thing is creepy as hell , anyway as for why to be a priest.. IF you wanna heal :p , disc are without a doubt the second best healers in da game . They can keep themselves top off with instants alone .

As for shadow , i personally love and hate it . I love the rotation , and the cool factor of shadow form . I hate arena and 5 mans with it . Really without the proper buffs pve dps is not that amazing . Really if you are not planning to heal , warlock would be a all around better choice then shadow .
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
04/01/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Elethia
funny how we recover mana faster than other casters yet we have by far the most mana problems.

I'm going to suppose you mean for PvP, because once a PvE Shadowpriest is in decent gear, mana issues should be very, very few.

I agree with you 100%. A few good pieces of gear and you should not be experiencing mana issues whatsoever.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest

I think you should play a priest because they are versatile. If you get tired of dpsing you can easily switch to different styles of healing. Not to mention, you get to be purple, enough said.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
We are shiny.
Reply Quote
04/01/2012 11:04 PMPosted by Kaels
We are shiny.

This is the only thing that matters.

Revel in the glorious sparkles:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/kaosgrace/Wow/WoWScrnShot_033112_230513.jpg

I totally stole that link from Kaels.
Edited by Honeysuçkle on 4/1/2012 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

How do you even figure?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Priests rule but Goblins are ugly lol don't make a goblin!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
04/02/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Elisavetta

We are not ugly! Don't be jelly of our curves!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Anklemelter

We are not ugly! Don't be jelly of our curves!

But your hands are bigger than your head!!! I suppose I just find the green skin tones weird, a lot of the gear seems to clash with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Elisavetta
But your hands are bigger than your head!!! I suppose I just find the green skin tones weird, a lot of the gear seems to clash with it.

That's why I also have a Belf. But I much prefer the animations of the Goblin. I'm also shadow, so the colors clashing is not an issue for me, it's all purple.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Cynise
But I much prefer the animations of the Goblin.

Goblin casting animations are pretty awesome, but I can't handle the way they move. They have the same physically-impossible derp-run as worgen and pandaren, made even worse by their duckfoot stance.

(this btw is why I'm very dubious about the character model revamps they're promising in Mists. I'm all for more polygons, but I'm scared of what they're going to do to the old races' running animations; the human run can only be improved, but the rest are far, far better than any of the new races.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]