The Scarlet March

(Locked)

90 Human Priest
I tried to roleplay an orcish grunt multiple times. I got the sweet spiky shoulders, a big axe, all of that good stuff. But I could never get into it, and that's a lot less specific of a role than a Scarlet.

Some people like to roleplay this way, some people don't. I've never had much interest in being part of a mage council type guild, for instance. People just enjoy different types of stories. That's all there is to it.
90 Human Priest
Sure, most (read: not all) of the Scarlets have been killed and risen, Risen or otherwise. But then, Scarlets in-game are all hostile to everybody–except for two, formerly three, as well as the new quest givers and all that–while I stated previously that the March is not going to be that way towards the Alliance. That's the roleplay in it: we're taking a niche group from the lore, and making a spinoff with some of our own influence.

There are issues besides the Forsaken raising the Scarlets they kill, too. We shouldn't forsake (pardon the pun) our roleplay just because our team is losing the match.
90 Human Paladin
Good luck! When I first moved to WrA, the first guild I joined was The Scarlet Rebirth.
It's what pretty much introduced me to RP, even though every time I saw an ad for it in trade, it was quickly peppered with other players' thoughts and opinions on exactly how successful it would be. (You can guess)
But yeah, best to you, can't wait to meet you ICly, you seem like quite the literate bunch.
86 Blood Elf Warrior
Sure, most (read: not all) of the Scarlets have been killed and risen, Risen or otherwise. But then, Scarlets in-game are all hostile to everybody–except for two, formerly three, as well as the new quest givers and all that–while I stated previously that the March is not going to be that way towards the Alliance. That's the roleplay in it: we're taking a niche group from the lore, and making a spinoff with some of our own influence.

There are issues besides the Forsaken raising the Scarlets they kill, too. We shouldn't forsake (pardon the pun) our roleplay just because our team is losing the match.

Sorry can you show me where it says Scarlets are actually still around and not because they just didn't update that part. Like at all?

The Scarlets in MOP aren't part of lore(sadly) they were pretty explicit in this.

The Scarlets that went North to Northrend got wiped out.
The Scarlets that stayed got wiped out by the Death Knights (It even says in their quests that the three remaining armies of the Scarlets came to meet the Death Knights and were owned).
The Scarlets of the monastery were wiped out by the players.
85 Human Paladin
Part two of the guild's backstory has been posted! Huzzah!

It contains quite a bit of information pertinent to the current point of discussion.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Part two of the guild's backstory has been posted! Huzzah!

It contains quite a bit of information pertinent to the current point of discussion.

I look forward to reading it.
85 Orc Death Knight
04/01/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Enekie
Seems like you've got a good hold on what you're doing, then. Best of luck to you.

My brain has been broken.
90 Human Paladin
04/02/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Archíve
Seems like you've got a good hold on what you're doing, then. Best of luck to you.

My brain has been broken.

I can fix that. *reaches for hot pokers*
90 Human Priest
Didn't I say something about hot pokers?

Didn't I?
90 Human Paladin
*Hangs head in shame*

Okay, okay.
90 Human Warlock
Sorry can you show me where it says Scarlets are actually still around and not because they just didn't update that part. Like at all?

The Scarlets in MOP aren't part of lore(sadly) they were pretty explicit in this.

The Scarlets that went North to Northrend got wiped out.
The Scarlets that stayed got wiped out by the Death Knights (It even says in their quests that the three remaining armies of the Scarlets came to meet the Death Knights and were owned).
The Scarlets of the monastery were wiped out by the players.

Haven't read the back story on the front page, but the Scarlets in TSM were always one notch above the others. If the Crusade was insane, then the March was bat!@#$. As far as I remember, they were also somewhat separate from the Crusade. It was just part of their backstory. Or something.

If you really want to take them down, though, just sneak in a naive priestess and let the magic happen. :3
87 Worgen Death Knight
... I don't think I'm gonna get along very well with any of your lot that I run into in Stormwind.I -like- existing, even if it is as a walking corpse.
89 Human Paladin
If the Blood Elves can be hunted to 10% of their population and be as populous as the in-game base makes them without anyone inciting riot, I think the Scarlets could be hunted to 1% of their population and proportionally be handled the same way by the community (e.g., it works unless you get into memersion nonsense). Peoples' complaints are going to 9/10 times come from metagame reading the guild tag, which is MEMERSION

let the guys get their rocks off
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/02/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Enekie
Pretty much. If we were following all lore to the letter, Emmberr would probably be forced to have a Kor'kron Chaperone.
. . . *Devious smile.*
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/02/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Enekie
Pretty much. If we were following all lore to the letter, Emmberr would probably be forced to have a Kor'kron Chaperone.
And I'd have to be some devious and ammoral git...

Oh, wait.
Edited by Bomzik on 4/2/2012 8:42 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]