What's a good book to read?

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
whatever really, just feel like reading.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Priest
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Reply Quote
The Bible. Its a great Fictional read, and its really long. The ending sucks though.
Reply Quote
14 Goblin Shaman
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2721887/
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

Excellent series.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Anything by Terry Pratchett is good for a laugh.

An old favorite of mine (which I haven't read in YEARS, so my memory may be painting an overly-kind picture) was "Villains by Necessity" by Eve Forward. Fun take on the idea of the "bad guys" saving the world from the "good guys".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
World War Z
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
The Hobbit!
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Honeypot
World War Z

On a serious note, if you're into zombies, this book is amazing. I've re-read it too many times to count.
Reply Quote
The Name of the Wind
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2012 06:21 PMPosted by Hrantou
The Bible. Its a great Fictional read, and its really long. The ending sucks though.

youre cool.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The View from the Mirror by Ian Irvine. It will rock your world. One of the most amazing fantasy series I've ever had the privilege to come across. The first chapter alone has more emotion and epicness than most whole trilogies.
Edited by Dorotaya on 4/2/2012 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.

Excellent series.
04/02/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Honeypot
World War Z

Or anything by Christopher Moore. He's hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
04/02/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Scuzz

I have like 10 zillion Terry Pratchett books at home I've yet to touch. So much to read, so little time. :(

Edit:

Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

Lord of the Rings by Tolkien.
Edited by Awkward on 4/2/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/02/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Hrantou
World War Z

On a serious note, if you're into zombies, this book is amazing. I've re-read it too many times to count.

I recommend starting with "The Zombie Survival Guide", both by Max Brooks. It will get you into the right frame of mind, and familiar with the general "rules" of zombies in that setting.

Both books will have you trying desperately not to think about certain scenes too much when you're trying to sleep at night, too. I consider that a selling point in any horror piece!
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Specify a genre and I'll go to town with this.

Edit: And the poster above me is right, "Zombie Survival Guide" before "WWZ"
Edited by Brec on 4/2/2012 6:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Into fantasy fiction?

You could jump into the Legacy of Drizzt. Hit up your local library and grab "The Crystal Shard."

You can also try some Warcraft novels. Christie Golden is always good, but my personal favorite is "The Last Guardian" by Jeff Grubb.

Speaking of Jeff, a lot of his work is great. His Magic: the Gathering novels were particularly fantastic. It is kinda hard to find, but start with "The Gathering Dark".

And everyday is a great day to start reading some Tolkien!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
When You Look Like Your Passport Photo, It's Time To Go Home by Erma Bombeck
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/02/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Awkward

I have like 10 zillion Terry Pratchett books at home I've yet to touch. So much to read, so little time. :(

You owe it to yourself to start, then. Pratchett books (Discworld in particular) go quickly. Almost too quickly, I find, like a really good meal that you dig into, only to discover your plate is empty before you know it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/02/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Garsid
You can also try some Warcraft novels. Christie Golden is always good, but my personal favorite is "The Last Guardian" by Jeff Grubb.

What he said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]