What's a good book to read?

90 Blood Elf Priest
The Way of Shadows (Night Angel trilogy) - Brent Weeks

Kushiel's Dart - Jacqueline Carey (if you're over 18)

Rhapsody - Elizabeth Haydon. My fave - and I read like 4~6 books a month.

Also: Vince Flynn, Brad Thor, Clive Cussler
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Specify a genre and I'll go to town with this.

Edit: And the poster above me is right, "Zombie Survival Guide" before "WWZ"

I'm into the more gritty medieval fantasy* like Game of Thrones, Riftworld or Mara of the Acoma (not really medieval, but w,e).

Any suggestions?

*I use the word fantasy rather lightly. It certainly has fantasy elements (like Magic and dragons), but I don't really know how to describe Game of Thrones.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
The elegant universe 'Brian Greene'

Might want to watch the documentry on Youtube before hand tho..bit advanced I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
04/02/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Scuzz

I have like 10 zillion Terry Pratchett books at home I've yet to touch. So much to read, so little time. :(

You owe it to yourself to start, then. Pratchett books (Discworld in particular) go quickly. Almost too quickly, I find, like a really good meal that you dig into, only to discover your plate is empty before you know it.

Indeed. I also like Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, and I'm reading George R.R. Martin's books now. Although there are some POV chapters I could do without.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
The elegant universe 'Brian Greene'

Might want to watch the documentry on Youtube before hand tho..bit advanced I guess.

I will vote for this suggestion also.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Probably not looking for fantasy, I could just play WOW to get taken away to that kind of world. I am kind of open otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The Great and Secret Show by Clive barker. i liked the second one better but you gotta read the first to get the second ;o
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
If you're into fantasy, I definitely suggest the Shannara series by Terry Brooks, the Dragonlance series (mostly by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, but there are other authors too), or a new group of books I just recently found, the Forgotten Realms books (or is it Forbidden Realms? Forgotten, Im pretty sure). They're all really good.

Warning, Terry Brooks can occasionally get a bit too wordy and drag on.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock

Probably not looking for fantasy, I could just play WOW to get taken away to that kind of world. I am kind of open otherwise.

In that case, I definitely suggest Christopher Moore. He's hilarious.

Especially try Lamb, Fool, The Stupidest Angel, and his vampire love story trilogy*

*the term love story is used VERY lightly here. It's great! :D
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
When I need some decent reading that doesnt take too much brain power I always go back to 'the death gate cycle' from Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman. 7 book series still a very good read.
I think over the years Ive read these books about 5 times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Especially try Lamb, Fool, The Stupidest Angel, and his vampire love story trilogy*

Can't believe you left out A Dirty Job.

I second Christopher Moore. Lisa Lutz is pretty good too, the Spellman series.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
04/02/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Pauladinn
Can't believe you left out A Dirty Job.

Ah, I always forget one! Usually it's the Stupidest Angel, cant believe it was A Dirty Job this time! I love that book, how could I forget it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

Isle of the Sequined Love Nun (or something) is good, and I love the books set in Pine Cove. If you're looking for mystery, my stepmom's into Karin Slaughter. There's Carl Hiassen. U I like David Sedaris, but if you aren't comfortable with gay men, steer clear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I recently read "City of Thieves" by David Benioff and thought it was great. It's a pretty quick read, but the characters are very well-developed and interesting and the plot is never predictable. Also set in Soviet Russia, which is always win. : )
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Indeed. I also like Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, and I'm reading George R.R. Martin's books now. Although there are some POV chapters I could do without.

Have you ever read "Good Omens"? It's co-authored by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, and is just as awesome as you would hope. Easily one of my all time favorites.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
My man swears "John Dies At The End" by David Wong is pretty damn funny. It's next on my list!
Reply Quote
40 Night Elf Warrior
I just read "Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter"
Dont let the title fool you it's actually a really good book.
Reply Quote
45 Gnome Warlock
I just read "Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter"
Dont let the title fool you it's actually a really good book.

Oh, me and my friends want to read that so bad.

Did you hear there's a movie based on that coming out soon?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]