Bioware statement on Mass Effect ending.

29 Human Warrior
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Basically its heavily hinting in the direction of an altered DLC ending. They will announce something in April.

This begs the questions:
1)will they charge for the DLC ending?
2)was this planned from the get-go?

If this was a ploy to get gamers to buy DLC out of anger, I admit it is bloody brilliant and evil at the same time. Only EA.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
1) Most likely
2) Not likely
03/22/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Rza
If this was a ploy to get gamers to buy DLC out of anger, I admit it is bloody brilliant and evil at the same time. Only EA.

I don't think they had any idea pre-launch how poorly that ending would go over, or even if the "suits" cared at all before it was shoved out the door.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Everything we've seen so far suggests that the shipped ending was intentional but not a strategy on their part in order to release more pay for content down the line.

But I'm pretty sure they're aware they spent less time on it than they should have.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
VEX
Just like DA2 they rushed it out when they should have taken much more time to develop it.

A real RPG takes years to develop. Considering that ME3 was released 2 years after ME2... ya, definitely rushed.

It's depressing, BioWare used to release outstanding RPGs, but now they are rushed by EA and are trying to appeal to a larger audience.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
Just like DA2 they rushed it out when they should have taken much more time to develop it.

A real RPG takes years to develop. Considering that ME3 was released 2 years after ME2... ya, definitely rushed.

It's depressing, BioWare used to release outstanding RPGs, but now they are rushed by EA and are trying to appeal to a larger audience.

This is why I hated all the whining about the Diablo 3 release date. Rushing a game only leads to bad things, and I really like seeing a game company that's willing to follow up on the "ship when it's done" mantra.

I'm holding out hope that the "altered ending" DLC will be free. Bioware has needed a reputation boost since DA2, and neither TOR's launch nor ME3's ending have helped them.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warrior

with ea at the helm, i really really doubt that.....BUT DONT WORRY!im sure you'll soon be able to purchase the "canon ending" for only 9.99 on steam or xbox-live for 1200 microsoft points.

You can't even buy Bioware DLC off Steam or even Origin. You have to use their ridiculous "social network" site. It's a terrible way of delivering content to PC users. but....expect nothing less.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/5695/article/mass-effect-3-writer-allegedly-slams-controversial-ending/

To think, the ending wasn't even peer-reviewed. Blech, makes my stomach churn.
Edited by Cariono on 3/23/2012 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/22/2012 11:24 PMPosted by Drakmor
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

OMG This is the best thing my eyes have ever came across! Too funny. Thank you, kind sir.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Getting closer and closer to just downloading it from thepiratebay... I'll hold out and see how this ending thing goes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
IMO this is strike 3 on EA/Bioware's fail list
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
If they're gonna charge a premium price just to watch an alternate ending, I'll pass and just wait for people to upload the cinematics to Youtube or something.

Yes, I felt the ending was a bit...meh. But I still won't justify paying 5-10$ more just to watch a separate outcome.

The DLC I will welcome, however, is some content to expand multiplayer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/24/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Derpkingas
this is a horrible example because diablo 3 is a bad game and an even worse RPG.

Heh, dumbass. Hardly deserves a response, but what the heck; I'm still working on hangover recovery.

D3 is an ARPG. It's not a traditional RPG and never was meant to be. Bad game? Kinda hard to say since it hasn't been released yet.

You may not like Diablo-style games, in which case you won't like D3. Other than that I'd say it's pretty safe to say it's Diablo and anyone who played the previous games and liked them will most likely find D3 quite enjoyable.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Makes me wonder, if LOST or Battlestar Galactica concluded more recently, could the entitled brats of today lobby for a remake of the finales?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]