Beta Symbiosis List

85 Night Elf Druid
Just posting this for people who haven't seen it yet. This is it are far as i know for right now.

Abilities that are granted by Symbiosis:
Death Knight
Blood - Survival Instincts
Frost / Unholy - Wild Mushroom: Plague

Hunter
Dash

Mage
Healing Touch

Monk
Brewmaster - Growl
Windwalker - Berserk
Mistwalker - Entangling Roots

Paladin
Holy - Rebirth
Retribution - Tiger's Fury
Protection - Might of Ursoc

Priest
Discipline / Holy - Tranquility
Shadow - Cyclone

Rogue
Barkskin

Shaman
Elemental / Enhancement - Solar Beam
Resto - Prowl

Warlock
Rejuvenation

Warrior
Arms / Fury - Enrage
Protection - Frenzied Regeneration

Balance
Death Knight - Chains of Ice
Hunter - Misdirection
Mage - Mirror Image
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Hammer of Justice
Priest - Mass Dispel
Rogue - Smoke Bomb
Shaman - Purge
Warlock - Soulshatter
Warrior - Recklessness

Feral
Death Knight - Unholy Frenzy
Hunter - Play Dead
Mage - Frost Nova
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Divine Shield
Priest - Dispersion
Rogue - Redirect
Shaman - Feral Spirit
Warlock - Soul Swap
Warrior - Shattering Blow

Guardian
Death Knight - Icebound Fortitude
Hunter - Ice Trap
Mage - Mage Ward
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Consecration
Priest - Fear Ward
Rogue - Evasion
Shaman - Lightning Shield
Warlock - Twilight Ward
Warrior - Spell Reflection

Resto
Death Knight - Anti-Magic Shell
Hunter - Deterrence
Mage - Ice Block
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Hand of Sacrifice
Priest - Leap of Faith
Rogue - Cloak of Shadows
Shaman - Spiritwalker's Grace
Warlock - Demonic Circle: Teleport
Warrior - Intimidating Roar
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I... cant wait!!!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So long, days of MotW-and-go, soon we approach the era of wait, waaaaiiit... hang on, checking to see who's best to cast Symbiosis on...

:p

But seriously, this looks like so much fun!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
So long, days of MotW-and-go, soon we approach the era of wait, waaaaiiit... hang on, checking to see who's best to cast Symbiosis on...

It wont be that hard really.

Boomkins will want Mages for Mirror image.

Bears will want Rogues for bosses, evasion is an insane CD for a bear. Maybe they'd use a pally for trash/group pulls.

Resto will likely want a Death Knight for AMS

Feral will want a Shaman for Feral Spirit.

Unless fight specific mechanics change these, which they likely wont since Blizzard wont design a raid based on you bringing a druid nor you bringing a certain class for the druid to use Symbiosis on. Yes certain fight mechanics may make them closer, but really those seem to be the major ones from that list.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Not to be biased, but I think a Feral would prefer my Frenzy over a sham's wolves, because I still see people complaining how badly they scaled in cata. And it's not for the attack speed specifically, but the energy regen that comes with it. Guess we'll have to wait and see how things get worked around though.

Knowing the two druids in my raid group well though, I guarantee our bear would indeed want Evasion, second choice would probably be IBF. And our resto would most likely want to cast it on our shaman.

But I just get shrooms in exchange? Le sigh. I see how this relationship is ):
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thing is.. druids will be forced to give symbiosis to their holy /disc priests first for the extra tranquility in raids... regardless of what we ourselves actually want. A bear might get away with choosing their own though as more cooldowns = less possibility for tank death.

But boomkins / resto and ferals will be screwed at choice.

I also see that some swaps are far stronger than others...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
03/24/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Waraila
Thing is.. druids will be forced to give symbiosis to their holy /disc priests first for the extra tranquility in raids... regardless of what we ourselves actually want. A bear might get away with choosing their own though as more cooldowns = less possibility for tank death.

Maybe for 10 man raiding, yeah, because only having 2-3 healers for a fight puts tremendous strain on when to properly use cooldowns, and having a spare tranquility would lighten that load. It kind of makes you wonder if it will be considered talented though; cuz an 8min CD Tranq is just once a fight (except on something like Ragnaros or Madness).

25mans though, there's usually enough CD's to rotate through them all continuously, that dps druids could pick the dps abilities they want - or if assigned to something specific, could choose the defensive ones they wanted to help them do that.

Then there's PVP, where you're probably going to just pick whatever helps you survive the best, or push out the most damage.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
03/24/2012 02:07 AMPosted by Waraila
Thing is.. druids will be forced to give symbiosis to their holy /disc priests first for the extra tranquility in raids...

If things were really this way, DI would go to the resto druids always to increase raid healing. Seeing as that doesn't happen...I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'll likely be giving it to whoever will increase DPS the most, as that's usually more of a problem than healing.

03/24/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Grymmlocke

Why would they want that, it's not even a strong CD, unless you mean PvP.

Same as above.

Same as above.

All of your choices seem...awful. I wouldn't choose any of those.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

But boomkins / resto and ferals will be screwed at choice.

I also see that some swaps are far stronger than others...

Noone but you can press the key on your keyboard. You do what you want, and if people raid kick you for not symbiosing them then you're not in a very nice group of people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
wow I am going to have some insane fun, RECKSTORM has a new meaning now, going to rock arms + moonkin like the good old days of wrath, 20second games but fun. So much epicness admitedly for pve it will come down to a strict this is better, But evasion + Bear = Cant touch this. (Will macro sound file into it)

Some of the stuff we give other classes is pretty awsome as well. Prowl my resto shaman for epic (ie easy) world pvp. Dps shamans with solarbeam (find it kinda odd that we can give away abilities that we dont have ourselves unless specced into the right tree)

Monks get feral end talent Beserk (IDC what you say i will still have an imaginery talent tree behind my character),

Going on record for saying that warlocks spamming rejuv will be pretty epic. Annoyingly they would probally rather trade there DI for a FM than symbiosis.

Moonkin are going to be even better for Rbgs (rated not random dammit same letter) giving one of the better (imo) ccs for bgs to another class is great as well as being able to double up on smokebombs or solar beams.

But as said before some trades are a lot stronger than others especially in a pve setting, ie hunters getting dash while other classes warrior/monk.

How will tigers fury work for ret? Just a straight damage increase for the next x seconds (Just like untalented cata version) Or do you think it will give them HP as well.

Well until MoP, I shall dream of reck-storming people.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Mage
Healing Touch

All hail the mage healers!!
Rogue
Barkskin

This is a brilliant idea. Let's give Rogues ANOTHER damage reduction CD!!....
Shaman
Elemental / Enhancement - Solar Beam
Resto - Prowl

A stealthing Resto Shaman. What?

Also, Ele and Enh with Solar Beam? XD
Balance
Death Knight - Chains of Ice
Hunter - Misdirection
Mage - Mirror Image
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Hammer of Justice
Priest - Mass Dispel
Rogue - Smoke Bomb
Shaman - Purge
Warlock - Soulshatter
Warrior - Recklessness

Chains of Ice... What resource will Boomies use? Just mana? So they can spam it to keep you in one place FOREVER? Also, CoI + Solarbeam = GG

Misdirection.. whatever

Mirror Images? A bunch of Boomkins running around? Can't wait.

HOJ. A real stun for Druids. Nice.

Mass Dispel. Meh.

Smoke Bomb? Why would a Boomkin want this?

Purge... XD

Soulshatter. Whatever...

Recklessness? Can't wait to see the destruction when that hits PVP.
Edited by Youcoulddie on 3/24/2012 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Resto
Death Knight - Anti-Magic Shell
Hunter - Deterrence
Mage - Ice Block
Monk - to be announced
Paladin - Hand of Sacrifice
Priest - Leap of Faith
Rogue - Cloak of Shadows
Shaman - Spiritwalker's Grace
Warlock - Demonic Circle: Teleport
Warrior - Intimidating Roar

AMS or CloS on Rdruids will be hilarious.

Deterrence. and Ice Block gives them a real honest self preservation CD Also, frozen tree form :D

HoS will be great.

Life Grip. Yay! More griefing!!

Spiritwalker's Grace.. Why? They heal mostly through instants anyway.

Demonic Circle: Teleport. Will they teleport to the locks portal?

Intimidating Roar could get interesting.
Reply Quote
03/24/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Halnar
How will tigers fury work for ret? Just a straight damage increase for the next x seconds (Just like untalented cata version) Or do you think it will give them HP as well.

My guess would be Holy Power + damage increase.

Really looking forward to being able to test this out. And for those saying we'll be forced to use it on healers early on.... NO! That's the great thing about us controlling it.
Reply Quote

It wont be that hard really.

Bears will want Rogues for bosses, evasion is an insane CD for a bear. Maybe they'd use a pally for trash/group pulls.

Unless fight specific mechanics change these, which they likely wont since Blizzard wont design a raid based on you bringing a druid nor you bringing a certain class for the druid to use Symbiosis on. Yes certain fight mechanics may make them closer, but really those seem to be the major ones from that list.
pretty sure balance will want recklessness...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
im hoping they change it to ferals get spirit walk
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/24/2012 12:21 PMPosted by Earthbreaka
im hoping they change it to ferals get spirit walk

getting the wolfies as feral is one of my favorites!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

I don't see any others that are any DPS increase at all, except maybe Recklessness. I think those two are you only ones you could make a case for in raids, except maybe Soulshatter if threat becomes a problem.

Edit: Seems like Recklessness would be a better choice for overall raid DPS, since trading with a Mage doesn't do anything for his own DPS.
Edited by Ziinaya on 3/24/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
03/24/2012 05:15 AMPosted by Dagglet
Thing is.. druids will be forced to give symbiosis to their holy /disc priests first for the extra tranquility in raids...

If things were really this way, DI would go to the resto druids always to increase raid healing. Seeing as that doesn't happen...I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'll likely be giving it to whoever will increase DPS the most, as that's usually more of a problem than healing.

Same as above.

Same as above.

All of your choices seem...awful. I wouldn't choose any of those.
Your lack of alternatives speaks volumes. I'd accept that ferals would want something else, but there really are no other better DPS CDs for Boomkins.

Balance
Death Knight - Chains of Ice - Not a DPS CD, and generally useless for raiding anyway

Hunter - Misdirection - if your tank is really so fail they need two misdirects you probably should find a new tank. As I said some fight specific mechanics may change, i.e. if you have lots of adds coming in. But otherwise this is useless for most competent raids in the last several tiers of content going back through WotLK.

Mage - Mirror Image - Increases damage, decreases threat, can be blown with other CDs so they are more powerful, immune to AoE damage so they keep going even when you're on the move.

Monk - to be announced - TBA thus can't say

Paladin - Hammer of Justice - Just as with Chains of Ice this is useless for raiding

Priest - Mass Dispel - See Misdirection, unless fight mechanics demand a mass dispel it's useless.

Rogue - Smoke Bomb - Again see Misdirection.

Shaman - Purge - Spellsteal is generally better anyway, but you generally don't need to purge under 8 seconds in fights, again in raids.

Warlock - Soulshatter - yay a threat reduction that is just a threat reduction. Rather it do more.

Warrior - Recklessness - Three crits every five minutes is not that great.Resto

Death Knight - Anti-Magic Shell - Soaks any damage type, isn't channeled, etc. and is useful in several fights in both Firelands and DS.

Hunter - Deterrence - why is the healer near a mob to begin with? Positioning yourself so you'd bound backward toward the tank is more likely more work than simply running to the tank.

Mage - Ice Block - with the exception of one raid mechanic I can't think of a lot that ice block would be -good- for a healer to use. It's usually okay for a DPS to be out of combat for the bit that ice blocking and then canceling it takes but it can be devastating if your heals are a step behind. Besides barkskin is usually enough of a damage mitigation for raid mechanics.

Monk - to be announced - TBA so unknown

Paladin - Hand of Sacrifice - It's a good ability, but it can leave the druid fairly hurt at the end.

Priest - Leap of Faith - Handy for people standing in bad?

Rogue - Cloak of Shadows - Nice damage mitigation but AMS is an AoE

Shaman - Spiritwalker's Grace - yea just what the primarily HoT casting healer needs a CD to heal on the move.

Warlock - Demonic Circle: Teleport - gimicky for a few fights, but nothing major. Not worth giving up a raid wide defensive cool down.

Warrior - Intimidating Roar - Not really great for raiding.

Feral
Death Knight - Unholy Frenzy - I concede that this may be a better choice.

Hunter - Play Dead - ok, at least it's a threat drop which ferals can use and all.

Mage - Frost Nova - Yea cause frost nova is totally huge in raiding.

Monk - to be announced - Again TBA etc.

Paladin - Divine Shield - Not gonna boost your DPS any.

Priest - Dispersion - Damage mitigation, eh barkskin >> dispersion, even assuming dispersion regens your energy.

Rogue - Redirect - handy for adds or twin type bosses but in single boss fights this is less than garbage.

Shaman - Feral Spirit - considering Blizzard buffed treants, I'm going to assume they're going to, or have, buffed wolves for MoP.

Warlock - Soul Swap - Good for adds, but as with redirect it's meh for single target.

Warrior - Shattering Blow
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]