MoP healing beta so far...(question)

90 Night Elf Priest
I'll take a look at exact numbers tomorrow on beta. Can't log on right now.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/31/2012 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/31/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Kaels
ToC was the worst raid I'd ever seen until Dragon Soul came out.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say Dragon Soul is worse than ToC. More disappointing, sure, since I had higher expectations for Deathwing's raid, and very low expectations for ToC. Heroic Spine and Heroic Anub are both on my worst fights ever list, though. :-P
Edited by Elliora on 3/31/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

I think it's important to differentiate "instances being fun/not fun" from "healing being fun/not fun."

For instance, I thought tier 11 was a blast. And ToC was the worst raid I'd ever seen until Dragon Soul came out. But I enjoyed the healing model in ToC a hell of a lot more than the healing model in t11.

What I'm saying is there are people who loved the healing model in cata and those who hated it and loved wrath instead.
However most folks in all honesty just wanted a fun instance ie. something they'd finish in 30 min with no difficulty in a pug and the rest didn't matter.
The point is they're trying to fit this model so that it satisfies everyone to an extent.
I think it's far too early to be speculating on raids yet. When they come out, we'll see how the difficulty and modelling goes.
Edited by Sedivy on 3/31/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/31/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Sedivy
However most folks in all honesty just wanted a fun instance ie. something they'd finish in 30 min with no difficulty in a pug and the rest didn't matter.

I'm sure most people wanted fun instances, and I honestly agree with that. I like my 5m content short. And while I'm cool with moderately-challenging (I actually really enjoyed the ICC 5mans) I think Cata launch difficulty was overkill. I still remember having to 2-heal the Vortex Pinnacle sparkle-bomb trash.

But there is a fun/not-fun dimension to healing specifically. And while we won't all agree on what that is (any more than we all agree on what a fun instance is - I know people who really enjoyed heroic Deadmines) I think in all honesty that most people think "fun" involves more casting and less mental arithmetic than the Cata launch model.

While fun is subjective, I think most people find paintball more fun than accounting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yeah, they kind of ruined Holy. I still think it's a more fun spec than Disc, but I miss SoL that actually procced (and scaled!) and we're only just now starting to see significant use of Serendipity.

I don't understand why we can't have SoL proc-on-crit back with the Mists talents, btw. Mists talents are supposed to be significant, Big Deal sorts of things - why is one of them a carbon copy of an existing talent that half of us skip and barely even notice a difference?

I miss when Empowered Renew (now Divine Touch) was able to crit :(.
Edited by Meioh on 4/1/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I've said this so many times before:

Healing will stay the same as it is now. Dungeons will be shorter, thus making them easier to consume.

I like Cata's healing environment, and I loathed WoTLK's. If they ever switched it back, I'd probably stop healing.

How much easier or shorter than the Hour of Twilight heroics can they get? This game needs more meaningful content, not less. If they launch Mists with the same number of dungeons as Cataclysm (pathetically small compared to Vanilla, BC and Wrath), and then they all have half the number of bosses then that's the point where I quit this game. I am tired of paying for less and less and less - because so far the quality has not increased one bit with less quantity.
Edited by Meioh on 4/1/2012 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think in all honesty that most people think "fun" involves more casting and less mental arithmetic than the Cata launch model.

I disagree. They modelled the cata healing based on complaints people had about wrath. They listened to the community after all and community had big complaints about spamming spells every gcd and moving rotation to all instants instead of casted spells as a result. We moved away from it because based on feedback, this wasn't fun. I realize a portion of people did like it but I think it's far from majority.

I heard theres 2 dungeons in beta..1 is incredibly easy, the other incredibly hard, Im guessing you had the easy one.

We ran it 6-7 times but that's the only one we ever got so I'm guessing the harder one just wasn't available at that time. We'll try again.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/1/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The Jade dungeon is the only one out right now.

The first few hours of beta had the Brewery also which I didn't get a chance to test out sadly
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
All of everyones complaints in this debate stem from one truth.
Mana, ultimately is a terrible, !@#$ty %^-*ty resource.I wish blizzard would stop trying to work a healing model out of the classic "Burn your resources till you hit 0, then do nothing." and make a reasonable healer resource.
Like say, make mana cycle from 0% to 100% in around 30 seconds, then we have constant resources but those resources have "deep pockets" and we have the ability to go into burn and replenish phases without ever going OOM.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Death Knight
Right now in beta the healing is worse than WotLK x10. The healing atm is stupidly op and uses almost no mana. They could nerf the heals in half and you could still heal a dungeon easily. I really hope the nerf it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]