Insufficient space, please free up...

85 Undead Priest
'Insufficient space, please free up additional space.' I am getting this msg when running the Launcher, I have over 100GB space.
I started the launcher a few minutes ago and it was DL'ing the updated tools, by mistake I hit cancel during the update process (I assume this is the cause of the error) and now I am getting this error, can you help me, what can I do to fix tihs. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tingpei,

Lets reset the game to default settings and then pull up the launcher again.

With the game closed please go to the World of Warcraft directory and move or rename your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders. These are temporary cache files that will be recreated by the game the next time you launch. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if desired.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Thank you for your reply.
I did what you asked me and renamed this folders, still getting the same error of 'Insufficient space, please free up additional space.' What should I do more?

Edit: Reading some other threads I noticed some Anti virus having some issues, so I am using Avast! I ahve disabled it but still having the same error.
Edited by Tingpei on 3/27/2012 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I removed all three of the files mentioned above and I am still getting the same error: "Insufficient space, please free up additional space." Are there any resolutions for this issue?
Edited by Renma on 3/27/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I'm having the same exact issue.

EDIT: I ran the repair file after deleting the cache folders as well as the launcher.wtf. Without using the repair file I still had the problem, but after running repair, I seem to be golden and can enter the game.
Edited by Zagden on 3/27/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
@Renma
I found a fix, I went and on the World of Warcraft folder and found a Folder named 'Temp', deleted all the files and 'Log' folder in there, and on one file I got an error saying the Blizzard Downloader was using it.
I started the 'Task Manager' and ended the process 'Blizzard Downloader', then put the WTF and Interface back in place, I deleted the 'Cache' folder and run the Launcher, it's working and DL'ing it as I type. Hope this works for you to.
Edited by Tingpei on 3/27/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the update, Tingpei.

It sounds like the downloader wasn't fully closed. Ending that process and manually deleting the temp files cleared the previous patch attempt and let you start over.

Check your G-diffuser system!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
...Well, this seemed to help at first, but now I am stalling at about 50% and the dowload will not complete.

EDIT: I just ended the download in task manager, deleted all the logs and started the download over and it seems to have worked. THANKS everyone! =)
Edited by Renma on 3/27/2012 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
yes there is a different thread on that, lets try and keep it on one place to help Jurannok and the others on the same page, post about it here Renma and anyone else having issues with the DL'er being stuck at 50%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253969284
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Jurannock, i even restared my PC.. I too have plenty of space.. in fact i run WoW on its own private harddrive.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
was having this same problem, my launcher would stop at halfway and sit there, i closed it, ended the process on the patch and went to the temp folder in the wow install folder and launched the patch manually cuz it seemed to have already downloaded the patch. It installed the patch and re-launched the launcher and let me in
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm havin same insufficient space problem even though I have like 130gb. I toted everything mentioned and none of it worked 4 me
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Tryed not toted I mean lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Same issue as the above complaintents.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Well mine is working now. Not sure what did it. Just kept trying every couple of mins and finally I was able to get on after the second time restarting my computer. Now I've also got the other problem people mentioned tho where it stops 50% of way
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Delete cache, restart computer, profit.

GL to everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
What I did when I just got this error, was to ignore the popup (it's not modal) and press the "Play" button on the normal patcher window. This would bring up the game login, which once logged on proceeded in downloading the patcher, asked me to restart, and everything was go to go.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I was having the same problems as stated above. Bypass=go into your wow program files and open wow.exe instead of launcher.exe . This fixed all my issues. Good Luck :0
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
yip same problem here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]