Sent item to the wrong person!

77 Troll Druid
as stated in the title, i have mis-sent a mail intended for one of my other characters to someone else on the server. i used to have the name Alucia, but was taken when i transferred back. i wasn't thinking, since i was in a rush and just typed in my old name and hit send.

the item, was the Dark Whelping companion pet. i'm not sure if there are logs of drops or items obtained, or mail items sent for that matter, because i would sure love to get this back before the recipient of the mail opens up a few thousand gold present!

any help would be lovely, i understand that the ticket system is overburdened and i am not bashing it. i just want to get this resolved quickly, as stated before, so i do not lose the item.

thanks in advance, Melthu
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You will have to open a ticket in game and wait on it to be answered. The forums are not a way to circumvent the ticketing system.
Reply Quote
36 Blood Elf Hunter
Your only resolution would be to submit a ticket and hope they get to it before the person gets to their e-mail. Once they open it, it is theirs to do with what they'd like.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Make sure to open a ticket in case Vrak or another Blue is not able to assist via the forums.

If the receiver has not opened their mail yet, a GM or possibly a Blue can help you out.
Reply Quote
77 Troll Druid
i'm trying to find out if i can even get the item back, before i sit on my hands for 6 days waiting for an answer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
03/27/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Melthu
i'm trying to find out if i can even get the item back, before i sit on my hands for 6 days waiting for an answer.

You can still play while the ticket is open so what do you have to lose by putting one in? Regardless of what your answer is, you lost no play time.
Reply Quote
77 Troll Druid
when i log out, can the item restore still occur? does it come by mail? or do i have to be online? i'm just worried i'm somehow going to get shafted by a stupid mistake
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
03/27/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Melthu

Make sure to open a ticket in case Vrak or another Blue is not able to assist via the forums.

If the receiver has not opened their mail yet, a GM or possibly a Blue can help you out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
you should be able to get the item back IF it isn't removed by the other person.

I'd recommend you sent a letter to them explaining your error and maybe they will be nice and sent it back anyways

Edit:
when i log out, can the item restore still occur? does it come by mail? or do i have to be online? i'm just worried i'm somehow going to get shafted by a stupid mistake

it's not an item restore it's an item return (assuming it's still in their box and not withdrawn) and yes it would come via mail and can be done while your offline
Edited by Lurus on 3/27/2012 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
03/27/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Melthu

You can log out. It gets sent back by mail if it can be sent back at all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
03/27/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Melthu

You can log out. I doubt this is even an issue where they would need to speak with you directly. If they are able to then you should receive an email saying they could help and an in game mail with your item.
Reply Quote
77 Troll Druid
yeah, i was looking at their forum profile and i think i got lucky on this one. seems they haven't been active since early Feb, but that's not something to bet on.

thanks for the replies guys, was unsure if i could get it back at all, at least i have something to hope for!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]