Things in Movies That Piss You Off

90 Human Paladin
I'm a huge fan of movies, I even liked the starwars episodes 1-3 and transformers, but there are just some things in movies I hate seeing and it ruins my suspension of disbelief and even makes me cringe

-aliens/monsters/other countries invade and the first or only places they hit are new york, washington or california.

theres a few reasons I hate this, one is the arrogance of these places thinking they deserve to be hit first, and if your going to eliminate the human race you gotta destroy the food sources first, at some point we turn on ourselves, also I don't give a !@#$ about either of places and strategicly its a bad idea

-the general "faking like things will go bad with the plan"

either make the plan fail or don't, its hard to even drum up some emotion for the people because I don't believe for a second you would kill them off

-akward romances

I don't know about you guys but I don't fall in love with everyone in close proximity all the time, going through an ordeal won't make you love eachother, it might make you friends but not lovers

what pisses you guys off?
Edited by Rightright on 3/28/2012 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I love movies too, and can suspend belief for anything. Just don't break the rules once they are set.

awkward romances

This is what ruined Titanic for me. I really wanted to like that movie. The special effects were really good, but that love story mixed in just ruined it.

One scene always makes me laugh (and it shouldn't). Jack is handcuffed to a pole and the room is filling up with freezing water fast. Rose finds an axe to break the handcuffs, and Jack tells her to take a practice swing first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd love to see the guy halfway through just drop all pretenses after banging her and act like a douchebag like in real life, just to troll EVERYBODY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Any movie based on a book where the writer tries to change the story, hey !@# hole if you were capable of writing a story that sells millions of copies you wouldn't be adapting someone elses story for the screen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
-aliens/monsters/other countries invade and the first or only places they hit are new york, washington or california.

theres a few reasons I hate this, one is the arrogance of these places thinking they deserve to be hit first, and if your going to eliminate the human race you gotta destroy the food sources first, at some point we turn on ourselves, also I don't give a !@#$ about either of places and strategicly its a bad idea

Actually, they would want to hit Washington first. Taking out the leadership makes it that much harder to stage an effective defense. Afterwards, major military installations and logistics centers would be the next best targets.

Food is widespread enough that there's no "one" place that can be hit that will remove our food supply. They would have to hit farmland, ranches, food processing companies, distributions centers, and grocery stores to really make it hurt. Take out Houston instead, and they would instantly remove our main source of oil refining operations and fuel would quickly become scarce. This would cripple our ability to move goods, deploy troops (granted, the military has a ton in storage to draw from but it would only last so long), and evacuate civilians.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Druid
Actually, they would want to hit Washington first. Taking out the leadership makes it that much harder to stage an effective defense. Afterwards, major military installations and logistics centers would be the next best targets.

Yes, then infrastructure: roads, railways, shipping ports, airports. Cut these, and you cut food and other supplies to large population centers. That also cuts military movement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
-Slow motion

-Stereotypes, tokens

-Irrelevant pop-culture references; I've already seen your ads before the movie started and I am less inclined to buy your crappy products, shut up.

-Moronic non sequitur

-When "hackers" always use computers with annoying blip sounds; yeah, I use a computer and it does not sound like that. It does not make it high-tech, it makes it stupid.

-Cartoon sounds in a non-animated movie; unless it's the original Three Stooges, please don't put these in.

-Lack of character development.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I dont like when computer people can instantly do anything from hacking into the FBI to bringing up a specific whatever in less than a minute, between load times and having no software for it available theres no way its that easy, while someone is hacking take a story break or something
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/28/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Rightright
I dont like when computer people can instantly do anything from hacking into the FBI to bringing up a specific whatever in less than a minute, between load times and having no software for it available theres no way its that easy, while someone is hacking take a story break or something

Swordfish being the worst offender.
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Mage
The complete and utter destruction of a childhood show.

I'm looking at you, new Three Stooges movie...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
All these hipper-than-thou, pop-culture saturated, man-child movies like Hot Tub Time Machine. They make me:

1. Feel like my IQ has dropped about 50 points

2. Want to take a good shower afterward

3. Think violent thoughts toward hollywood
Edited by Cowbacca on 3/28/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
76 Human Warrior
03/28/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Ziryus
Any movie based on a book where the writer tries to change the story, hey !@# hole if you were capable of writing a story that sells millions of copies you wouldn't be adapting someone elses story for the screen.

This, but going further to include movies based on cartoons, comics, and remakes of older (very popular) films.

When romance is shoehorned in

When a current animated series is made into an animated film and they use totally different VAs for the characters.

When movies grounded in reality (with at least a semi-serious tone) devolve in an overly long song and dance or slapstick comedy scene then immediately go back to being serious again for the rest of the movie.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
03/28/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Ziryus

While I understand your point, and might agree with it on certain movies, saying any movie is going too far. There are some great books that just don't translate well into movies, and need to be streamlined at the least.
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Priest
I'm going to go with the horror genre here, and if there's one thing endemic to horror movies that I hate, it's this:

The It-Was-Just-A-Dream Jump Scare.

It's where a character is wandering around and things start to get spooky. The tension (and the ambient soundtrack) rises and rises until eventually the character is stuck in an intractable situation. Then it goes silent... and BOO! The freaky ghost/devil/boogieman/whatever pops up in the camera's face and then...

... the character pops up out of bed. It was just a dream.

I effing hate that. It makes it so when !@#$ actually goes down that you're not thinking "Oh crap, how are they going to get out of this?" but rather "When was the last time I saw the character falling asleep?"

Worst offender I've re-watched recently: Shutter (2004).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
AMERICAN Environmental movies.

They all come off as holier than though and preachy. Seeing a show where some kids are blatantly breaking the law and making life harder on loggers/whatever makes me care LESS about the environmental movement not more.

Im Jaded enough to think that it might be intentional.That said, im an anime fan and they make many many environmental movies that i actually like.
Edited by Celyndrashad on 3/28/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]