Demon Soul

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So as im sure most everyone knows, Demon Soul needs a fix to its population. im tired of spamming trade and not getting anyone for the better part of an hour before guildies bail. I cant nor will ever force them to stick around for something so seemingly hopeless. so i had a thought. maybe if we got enough people to agree to it that we could get blizz to do something about it. so i decided to atleast give this a shot. if you agree that blizz should do something about our population issue, in one way or another(xfers (to and fro), server merge, etc) post something, please for the sake of all Demon Soul, help out.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Rogue
blizz is suppose to be doing something about low pop realms in pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
blizzard's "fix" will probably go along the same lines as their previous attempts. opening up free realm transfers was a joke and completely ineffective and so was listing certain realms for new players. there are two solutions I can think of, which may work but the actuality of blizzard using them are close to never. some how rewarding guilds to transfer to low pop servers from high pop servers. rewards being something like 3 months of free subscription if you transfer to x server and stay there for x amount of time.

the ever popular server merge or along the same lines open up free server transfers from low pop servers to anywhere but high pop servers. or maybe not free but at a discount if you don't go to a high pop server. because the main problem with server transfers is everyone is going to those giant servers like tich, where they don't need people to go.

main point is, blizzard created to many servers and now their customers are paying for it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
blizzard's "fix" will probably go along the same lines as their previous attempts. opening up free realm transfers was a joke and completely ineffective and so was listing certain realms for new players. there are two solutions I can think of, which may work but the actuality of blizzard using them are close to never. some how rewarding guilds to transfer to low pop servers from high pop servers. rewards being something like 3 months of free subscription if you transfer to x server and stay there for x amount of time.

the ever popular server merge or along the same lines open up free server transfers from low pop servers to anywhere but high pop servers. or maybe not free but at a discount if you don't go to a high pop server. because the main problem with server transfers is everyone is going to those giant servers like tich, where they don't need people to go.

main point is, blizzard created to many servers and now their customers are paying for it.

few new things since you have been gone.

<- The obvious.. you can blame dal.

we are starting to slay them dragons and become pve heros... yes you heard right.

everyone has either stopped playing or transferred =\

i brought my rogue back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
alliance i see...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

<- The obvious.. you can blame dal.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
what it really is, is that your not rolling with the heart of demon soul. <3 all you dudes
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Priest
BUR
Blizzard will do zero about this server. Move along.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
Merging servers would cost Blizz money, which is why this has not and most likely will not happen.
Reply Quote
Yes, let's merge servers! I would love to have a !@#$load of random and new players added. Great idea!
Reply Quote
86 Orc Rogue
the easiest answer, is to shut the server down and offer realm xfers for everyone by X date or risk character deletion. At least, that's the "Fix" i see them using.
Reply Quote
70 Goblin Priest
BUR
04/02/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Têchnicâl
the easiest answer, is to shut the server down and offer realm xfers for everyone by X date or risk character deletion. At least, that's the "Fix" i see them using.

This won't happen.

People play on DS because they choose to. No one is forcing you to stay here and they sure as hell aren't going to force you to leave. The community here is pretty unique.

People who leave DS always come back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I only came back because my guild that transferred to mannoroth quit playing. so if i wanted to continue to play with people i know, i had to come back here. so i did. I <3 ringo.edit for bad typing
Edited by Than on 4/6/2012 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
LIES. you would have came back.. EVEN if your guild was actively raiding heroic ds AND you were first in line for all drops of your choice. on a side note.. dotnfeared>dotnkilled.. goldshire gangsters for life.. and you have 1 credit for a faction change when/if you decide to play again.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warlock
People who leave DS always come back.

so untrue.. just sayin
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
we actually need to hang out sometime bro, when you coming up to indiana? i got some beer for ya :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Some people actually do xfer TO Demon Soul. Like myself. /hi
I find it annoying a bit, yes, to have to find groups for older content or whatnot.
But at the same time, I really enjoy the small quiet community.

I came from a full pop server before this one, and people were always stepping on each other, being greedy, etc etc. It was like.. new york.
Before the trade chat throttle, you could NOT read anything in trade due to the insane amount of spam and ads.

With that being said, I do agree DS could use a handful more players, but not too many. If there were enough people to compose 4 or 5 more decent sized progressive guilds, then I think DS would be perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
indiana wins
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't noticed a problem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]