[A] GDKP runs hit Whisperwind! DS25

90 Worgen Warlock
Ladies and gentlemen, I know I'm not alone in this line of reasoning, but I feel it's time GDKP came to Whisperwind!

For those not aware of what a GDKP run is, I'll provide an outline. GDKP runs are like a normal run, but instead of the standard looting process, players bid gold on items, driving up the price until a winner is decided. At the end of a run, the "pot" of gold that has been gathered, is split evenly among all 25 players in the raid.

EVERYONE GETS AN EQUAL SHARE This is a great method for those players with excess gold craving that Cunning of the Cruel, or for geared players looking to make some extra coin.

As it stands, the run is planned beginning April 6th @ 7:00 pm Realm Time. The only thing that will prevent this from occurring will be lack of any interest at all, or a meteor causes my untimely death.

If you are interested in this GDKP run, please post here or whisper me in game on my toon, Zózo (alt code 162). I'm all about being transparent, reasonable and fair. If you feel you're undergeared, you're not excluded from being invited, as long as I can balance the raid equally. Alternatively, there will be a limit to the number of geared main spots available due to the very intent of GDKP runs.

For those looking for more info on the run, Elitist Jerks has a great writeup on it here:
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion_spread_your_server/

Here are some additional rules, ripped directly from the EJ page.

This is a GDKP run. All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid.

Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:

- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear etc.

All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.

If any of this is unclear or you have questions, please speak up now.

Let the signups begin!

*Edit* Please have Ventrilo installed if you are interested! Server will be provided.
*Edit 2* Clusters will be available for purchase like a normal item. So rogues, come get your legendaries so I can fight you in the arena and lose.
Edited by Zózo on 3/30/2012 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll go - though I might not get home until slightly after 7pm server time.... but I'm definitely up for it.

This toon is pretty well geared and I'm definitely competent at the toon - I offer gold as there are some items I'd bid on - but mostly I offer myself as an experienced no-fail raider.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wish Horde had GDKP runs :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
^.^ Never to late to faction change, Mr. Bear.

Been getting a lot of questions regarding the rogue clusters, so I'll answer that in the original post.

Clusters will be available for purchase like a normal item. So rogues, come get your legendaries so I can fight you in the arena and lose.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
I'm interested in this, on either this hunter or a ret paladin, haven't done DS since Dec (lfr doesnt count) and have only done the first 4 then, will be watchin the thread for more info.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Bump for more interest! Make sure you get in contact with me or post here if you're interested so I have an invite list!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
signed
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Bump for adventurers like you!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I would be interested in doing this, but Fridays don't work for me. I run an alt group at that time (Fridays at 7). If you ever decide to change the day of the week this happens, I would be interested.

I am however possibly available this coming Friday since it's a holiday weekend and I'm not sure my group will go due to attendance issues. If that's the case, I would like to attend either on my holy pally or weak mage :)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
To the top!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Bump- Will be posting the list of those signed up later this afternoon. I have 29 people signed up, and am still in need of one tank and one healer. Dps are encouraged to sign up as well as tentative
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
will be there
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I spoke to you in-game, I should be there and ready if you take me provided something irl doesn't come up or anything else.

EDIT: MIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Possibly be in an ICC25 on my DK around this time frame depending if it happens or not, trying to get Shadowfrost shards and once i have them all ill have the heavy gold value shadowmourne box items....will see based on what details are revealed later.
Edited by Novagosa on 4/6/2012 12:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I thought I might be able to go to this tonight, but my alt group is going to run after all...best of luck...wish you'd change the day of the week :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I was only pulled in for Deathwing and everything went smoothly! Zozo seems like a cool guy, and one you can definitely trust. I'm surprised the mount went for so low though. I look forward to the many more successful GDKP's!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Great run for sure, reliable. A shame the mount and some of the items went as low as they did though. If only things like CotC or Vial had dropped, we'd have seen a bigger pot. Also as an odd occurrence we had ZERO dk's ....and a bunch of vanq drops.

Definitely will go again if presented the chance.
Edited by Novagosa on 4/6/2012 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When I signed up for the run I hadn't been paying attention that Friday was my birthday... so I was out having birthday fun.

However, if another GDKP run goes out, I'd definitely be down for it. I'll hope you do another one Zozo - sounds like it was a success.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Sign me up. ill bring my hunter who needs to buy some looties. 383 ilvl survival
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
i am very interested in ur going to be doing one next week.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
ill go if you have room friday
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]