DBM 4.10.10 startup sound

100 Night Elf Druid
So I finally got the latest dbm installed after seeing that the official site's version is labeled wrong (4.10.10 is really 4.10.8 on the dbm download page, curse has the correct version). Now I have dbm playing random boss sound on game load up. This annoys me greatly, is there a way to turn it off?

TIA
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Open up DBM-Core.lua (found in the DBM-Core folder) in a text editor and scroll down to line 2675. Replace this:DBM:AprilFools()
With this:-- DBM:AprilFools()
Save the changes.

You will still be able to manually play the sound, but it won't trigger automatically any more.
Edited by Choonster on 3/31/2012 10:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
That's DBM playing random boss yells? I thought it was just the new Darkmoon Faire. That's actually really funny.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
LOL interesting, thanks much Choonster.
Reply Quote
12 Draenei Mage
Open up DBM-Core.lua (found in the DBM-Core folder) in a text editor and scroll down to line 2675. Replace this:DBM:AprilFools()
With this:-- DBM:AprilFools()
Save the changes.

You will still be able to manually play the sound, but it won't trigger automatically any more.

THANK YOU!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
the big rpboelm with this "joke" is alot of people are complaining to Gms in tickets thus incresaing the gms workload, DBM guys really did not think this through. That and its eating almost 250% more cpu atm
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Changing my addons when it suddenly appears...
Question: WHICH F..ING ADDON MADE THAT?!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Hilarious, one of my friends canceled his WoW account this morning because he was so annoyed. He thought it was Blizzard doing it.

Mods shouldn't be allowed to do that. (good luck!)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Oh come on lol. Mod sounds are separate. That alone should have been a clue if you still hear the sounds with game sounds off.
Your friend needs to get a sense of humor :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There's no way to prevent this. I mean they're just making a sound fire based on a timer instead of a boss event. How do you propose you prevent that? The answer is to turn off your addon if it annoys you, not quit wow in a huff of rage over an april fool's joke.
As i said, the fact that game volume didn't affect it should have clearly pointed to an addon as a culprit. And DBM has rather distinctive sounds.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/1/2012 11:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
This is a false analogy. You don't pay for using addons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
And you're free to stop using them at any time. If you really feel that strongly about the joke the makers of DBM did, just try another boss mod. DXE, BigWigs, RaidWatch2 and so on. It's not like you don't have choices.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
worm-like coding? Seriously?
They set a sound to fire off every 20 min. A sound which you can turn off. From an addon which you can also turn off.
There's no messing up your computer, no stealing of confidential information, no consequences whatsoever except a little lighthearted joke.
I think if you're getting this upset over a joke, it's time to unplug. Leave the computer behind for a bit.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/1/2012 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
It's a joke....april 1st. You didn't exactly lose your account. All you had to do is hit mute button or shut off DBM.
I suppose you suggest shutting down wow forums cause of crabby too?
Give it a rest for crying out loud.

And if you want to beef up your security, read this:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981678643#1
Very nice sum up of basic security measures everyone should implement.
Edited by Sedivy on 4/1/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Let's applaud the addon authors for being allowed to take previously legitimate addons, and adding worm-like coding to them.

This is why we can't have nice things... because of people like you. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]