Anyone NOT want Warlock tanks?

90 Gnome Warlock
"Yes, I'm glad that Blizzard finally stopped all those threads about it. Warlock tanking is a hand full of people that wanted to spam the forums with threads."

Says the handful of person that wanted to spam the forum with anti-threads...

No really, more choice is good, I don't know what the issue is...no one says you HAVE to tank...PLENTY of dps and heals druids, paladins, dps warriors and dks out there say YOU ARE WRONG (and being resistant to change just for the sake of being uptight)
Edited by Awesumsauce on 4/14/2012 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't want it...DK,druid,warrior,pally are enough.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Personally, I have no desire to tank as a warlock. I chose this class to DPS. I don't begrudge others who may want to and frankly the game could use more tanks. That said, the first priority for warlocks in MOP should be to design three well balanced DPS specs that perform well in both PVE and PVP. Streamline the rotations but don't dumb it down too much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/14/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Awesumsauce
Awww the current tanks are insecure and worried about being benched...

Not really...as I stated before. I simply like demo as a pure dps tree for no other reason than because I like it that way.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
The only reason I would want to be a warlock tank is for the faster queue times and easy leveling/gearing
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
04/14/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Demoninferni
Not really...as I stated before. I simply like demo as a pure dps tree for no other reason than because I like it that way.

More non-warlocks have claimed that statement than actual warlocks posting as their demo specs.

04/14/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Sathrago
The only reason I would want to be a warlock tank is for the faster queue times and easy leveling/gearing

This is huge for me. No matter what, I'm never f**king doing those 40 minute queues again, ever.
Edited by Ancayson on 4/14/2012 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/14/2012 03:03 AMPosted by Yubaba
Yes, I'm glad that Blizzard finally stopped all those threads about it. Warlock tanking is a hand full of people that wanted to spam the forums with threads.

Yes, because you main a lock, right?

04/14/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Tenutö
I don't want it...DK,druid,warrior,pally are enough.

Statistics on WoW end-game representation and the disparity of que times, and the fact tank get a special gift for doing their role in LFD says otherwise.
04/14/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Demoninferni

Another problem that this whole PR Fiasco has brought up is the fact the "pures" are competing with the hybrids for raid spots, but with the growing number of 10mans, utility is essential. Pures are an out-dated concept that is really just awful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am wholeheartedly in favor of warlock tanking. The aesthetics of it seem like a perfect fit. And being able to queue as a tank would be phenomenal. I've been playing since vanilla, and my lock has always been my main. It was my first character I've made, the one with the most /played, the one that basically connects me in any meaningful way to the game. My subscription has been sporadic at times due to obligations outside of the game. Being a husband and father has made my time more of a premium. Being able to log on, queue for a dungeon and knock it out real fast is huge. So huge that I've rolled a druid and leveled it to 85. But it's not the same. Those of you saying that locks that want to tank should just reroll are missing the point. Locks are the least represented class, but those of us that choose to stick with it are passionate about our toons. I just don't feel the same connection to my other characters. And the passion expressed by others here seems to indicate solidarity with me on that sentiment.
The idea of warlock tanking has drawn me to the forums for the first time in my six years of playing this game. I've been rabidly consuming everything said about warlock tanks, from Fallensaint's first breakdown of how the glyph works, to Nymphcouncil's story of persistently trying to tank for years despite the lack of adequate tools for it. Please Blizzard. Make warlock tanking happen. Flesh it out. Make it viable. There have been numerous remedies proposed for the concerns Ghostcrawler expressed in the beta forum.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't really want lock tanking. The class has been fine without it, and I feel like we'll just get boned somehow to "balance" having tanking spells.

I would love some better survival cooldowns, though. Maybe the voidwalker's bubble, buffed, but not tied to blueberry?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/14/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Ancayson
More non-warlocks have claimed that statement than actual warlocks posting as their demo specs.

While that may be true, the non-warlock posters still possibly play Warlocks like I do. We are entitled to our opinions and that is that we like demo dps. Maybe we don't main a Warlock, but we are just as entitled to an opinion as the ones who want to tank.

04/14/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Baalsamael
Another problem that this whole PR Fiasco has brought up is the fact the "pures" are competing with the hybrids for raid spots, but with the growing number of 10mans, utility is essential. Pures are an out-dated concept that is really just awful.

It is a really bad concept, I completely agree with that. Yet, there are still 4 pure classes; warlock, rogue, hunter, and mage. And as it stands right now there is simply far too much to change in order for those 4 classes to be given hybrid status. New armour would need to be devised and implemented, raids and fight built around how they tank/heal, multiple new spells to devise and implement and balance, and current trees could possibly be scrapped instead of adding a 4th spec. I really don't see pures going away any time soon considering they've already designed and planned out the next expansion to an extent and I also don't see them adding something that huge in mid-expansion either. Possibly in the expansion AFTER this one. But I feel pures are going to be around for a while longer.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/14/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Demoninferni
While that may be true, the non-warlock posters still possibly play Warlocks like I do. We are entitled to our opinions and that is that we like demo dps. Maybe we don't main a Warlock, but we are just as entitled to an opinion as the ones who want to tank.

However, for blizzard to take into account a large number of people who simply have an alt they play maybe once a week for an hour if they're bored to decide a major warlock change and how the community would react, is idiotic. This is on par with the recent issue of the fact a group of 7 men are deciding what women should do with their sex life. You may have your opinion of course, but to say you would be gravely affected like some others are saying, is retarded.
04/14/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Demoninferni
Possibly in the expansion AFTER this one. But I feel pures are going to be around for a while longer.

Exactly, however they're at the very least 60% of the way there for a balanced lock-tank. We have the foundation, the abilities, various possibilities for stat equivocation that have been suggested, etc etc etc.

To go backwards on something that has been worked on and will eventually be a necessity is stupid.
Reply Quote
2 Goblin Warrior
I don't want it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/14/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Whimm
I don't want it.

Case in point. Who are you? Who do you main? How long have you been playing? How much do you actually play? Have you read everything, all the posts/threads/articles on this, and on the warlock community?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well said. Might as well scream to have a golf course built over all the crops in Brazil, because you sometimes vacation there. To hell with the people that actually live there, right?

Exactly. Also, I don't understand why tanks are against this anyways. Honestly. There was more outrage over locktanking by tanks than by anyone else on the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
04/14/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Baalsamael
You may have your opinion of course, but to say you would be gravely affected like some others are saying, is retarded.

No, I wouldn't be gravely affected. Slightly disappointed because my favorite dps tree for warlocks turned tank, but not to the point where I'd stop playing the class. And I'm not saying just because the alt warlocks play sometimes means we should get majority over the pro-demo tanking group. I'm simply answering that even if we don't play our locks as much (we collectively as in those who don't main warlock) should still be entitled to ask for demo to remain dps as we enjoy when we do play. Its a conflict of interest, and the only ones who can really solve it are the developers

Exactly, however they're at the very least 60% of the way there for a balanced lock-tank. We have the foundation, the abilities, various possibilities for stat equivocation that have been suggested, etc etc etc.To go backwards on something that has been worked on and will eventually be a necessity is stupid.

The same could be said for arms warriors or cat ferals. As the devs have stated on the forums. They want demo warlocks to be the equivalent of those kind of specs. The emergency "Oh, crap the tank died, lets see if I can pull this off." sort of deal. Arms warriors have access to a taunt, threat boosting stance, wear plate for mitigation, have mitigation abilities available if they have a shield to swap to and etc. Cats that go bear have the same deal only that their passive stance, much like meta threatening prescence, increases threat and like nether plating, increases armour so they can take hits.
Edited by Demoninferni on 4/14/2012 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
The same could be said for arms warriors or cat ferals. As the devs have stated on the forums. They want demo warlocks to be the equivalent of those kind of specs. The emergency "Oh, crap the tank died, lets see if I can pull this off." sort of deal. Arms warriors have access to a taunt, threat boosting stance, wear plate for mitigation, have mitigation abilities available if they have a shield to swap to and etc. Cats that go bear have the same deal only that their passive stance, much like meta threatening prescence, increases armor so they can take hits.

Well, cats and bears will be separated BECAUSE they didn't want this sort of "dps/tank" system.

As for Warriors, they're the ones who dislike their particular tanking above the other tankSPECS, if the forums are anything to go by. And I do believe a warrior posted a pro-lock post that was very detailed on how what GC said is completely out of place.
Its a conflict of interest, and the only ones who can really solve it are the developers.

I understand why you'd dislike it, but the conflict of interest shouldn't be taken into account because, well, you aren't a warlock. I play this at least 3 hours a day, at least 6 days a week, every week except for family-vacations. I would kill to tank. I would tank the !@#$ out of everything. As would a lot of lock mains. So just because you/a multitude of others like being able to turn into demons fer da lulz and pew pew %^-*, we should be stuck in this state of "dps pure" with a clanky, pretty damn useless "pseudo-oh !@#$-tank" mechanic?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I have to say I'm really enjoying the discussion Baal! It's rather nice to have someone present good counterpoints rather than attacking gear/achievements/rating and such!

Well, cats and bears will be separated BECAUSE they didn't want this sort of "dps/tank" system.As for Warriors, they're the ones who dislike their particular tanking above the other tankSPECS, if the forums are anything to go by. And I do believe a warrior posted a pro-lock post that was very detailed on how what GC said is completely out of place.

It's true that they're being further separated. But respectively, Arms and Feral cats will still have acess to a taunt and some mitigation abilities. Cats can still shift into bear and gain improved armour and stamina. Arms will still be able to slap on a shield and go defensive as well. Not as strong as Prot or Guardian, but still enought to jump in and save the day possibly, much like Demo could do. I'm not sure how effective this is however on the Beta...recently after getting my key, due to where I live it's about a 46 hour download..and thats IF I could get it to not crash..

As for warriors disliking their tanking...I have to say I rather enjoy tanking on mine. Enjoyed it leveling and even after I hit 85. So its not all total consensus, althought I can see the flaws people would find.

04/14/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Baalsamael
understand why you'd dislike it, but the conflict of interest shouldn't be taken into account because, well, you aren't a warlock. I play this at least 3 hours a day, at least 6 days a week, every week except for family-vacations. I would kill to tank. I would tank the !@#$ out of everything. As would a lot of lock mains. So just because you/a multitude of others like being able to turn into demons fer da lulz and pew pew %^-*, we should be stuck in this state of "dps pure" with a clanky, pretty damn useless "pseudo-oh !@#$-tank" mechanic?

But that's sort of why there's the conflict of interest, you still play even though you can't super effectively tank right now. There are some highly active locks that do use demo dps, one even made an excellent and well-made sticky for it. I don't know, maybe he wants to tank more than dps himself, yet it still shows there are a good portion who main locks and use demo dps. And if the tank change does go through, I imagine you'll see a lot of what I see in the dk forums about "Blood Dps" only it'll be about "Demo dps" and those people will be shot down for trying to do something they enjoyed previously. To answer your question with a question. Because you want to tank everything and anything(kudos to you for the ambition) those who do main locks, not me, and enjoy demo dps should be left out?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
As a casual player and someone who has returned to play the game over the past 4 years i want locktank. I stopped playing my lock at the beginning of cata and leveled a pally for the ability to survive and destroy everything, but eventually i was drawn back to the lock. I look forward to being able to maintain Meta and hope that we gain the ability to fly in Meta form.

The idea of a pure class is pure BS in the fact that there is no pure tank or pure healer. Regardless of how you look at it the hybrids will always be able to pull the same dps as us or complain until they do so what is the point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]