MoP Blood DK Discussion

90 Troll Death Knight
Did a dungeon on the beta and noticed that with runic corruption I am GCD locked so often that at times I can only hit rune strike and death strike so I dont cap on runic power. This was without changing my gear to exp and hit which make conversion an interesting ability if used correctly.

Blood boil damage really needs to be buffed though so that we wil use it for aoe. Right now it hits like a wet noodle and even with 10 targets wont do more damage than heart strike. It should be that in 4-5+ mob situations, blood boil is the primary aoe attack.
Edited by Deathtime on 4/13/2012 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/13/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Deathtime
Did a dungeon on the beta and noticed that with runic corruption I am GCD locked so often that at times I can only hit rune strike and death strike so I dont cap on runic power.

I would expect as much, as my sim is basically GCD-capped as well. It uses an ability about every ~1.6s for RC.

04/13/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Deathtime
Blood boil damage really needs to be buffed though so that we wil use it for aoe.

It needs a higher AP coefficient. It's damage was fine at the start of Cataclysm, but HS (because of weapon damage) out-scaled it so fast that I didn't even have it on my bars by the first raid tier.

A 9.6% AP coefficient is way too small for a rune-based ability, and having to place diseases up first for it to hit harder just makes it worse. I'd actually rather just have an RP-based AoE that procs RE/RC/BT. Then our survivability doesn't take as much of a hit in AoE situations when we have to prioritize threat, which costs DS's.
Edited by Euliat on 4/14/2012 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
NVM
Edited by Deathtime on 4/24/2012 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Hmm I dont know what to think of some of these changes. I can say I am happy they finally decided to go with 2 survival bonuses for the T14 tier bonuses.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
At least plague leech doesn't remove debuffs.
Edited by Athsgirl on 4/24/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Meh, they're all pretty boring. The DK 4p in particular seems pretty "ehhhh..."
Edited by Sildas on 4/24/2012 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
04/24/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Sildas

Thats kind of how I expect the first tier bonuses in an expansion to be though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warrior
Yeah, I know. :( We can dream.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Im thinking instead of using the glyph of outbreak, I would use Plague Leach and use it to refresh the Scarlet Fever. The CD matches nicely but it will definitely require more attention than on live.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/24/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Deathtime
Im thinking instead of using the glyph of outbreak, I would use Plague Leach and use it to refresh the Scarlet Fever.

Probably. That will work fine as long as we only have to use one disease, which is how it is right now.

My sim will have Glyph of Outbreak by the end of the weekend.

Purgatory should be scrapped. AMZ no longer scales with Vengeance, so a DPS's AMZ will be much stronger. No other comments.

edit: someone told me RC now scales with haste (the more haste you have, the shorter the buff). Can anyone confirm this? [a much later edit: never mind]
Edited by Euliat on 4/25/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
04/24/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Deathtime
Im thinking instead of using the glyph of outbreak, I would use Plague Leach and use it to refresh the Scarlet Fever. The CD matches nicely but it will definitely require more attention than on live.

This is currently the only option that doesn't directly or indirectly cost a Death Strike.

Gee. I wonder which we will use.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/24/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Deathtime

Thats kind of how I expect the first tier bonuses in an expansion to be though.

At least there's no "Death Strike does 5% more damage" or "increases crit chance of plague strike" like T7 and T11.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Honestly I was a lot happier with Blood the last beta build. New Outbreak glyph, Plague Leech doesn't excite me, just a lot of unnecessary change.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
04/25/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Judgesyou
Honestly I was a lot happier with Blood the last beta build. New Outbreak glyph, Plague Leech doesn't excite me, just a lot of unnecessary change.

Yeah. I feel like this build is a step backwards for all the tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/25/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Deathtime
Yeah. I feel like this build is a step backwards for all the tanks.

It's like, they added some really good changes (BoK and Guard, Bastion of Glory (step in the right direction), Revenge and Enraged Regen/Enrage) but then some bad stuff like new Incite glyph and DK debuffs still hurt our active mitigation.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
@Judgesyou,

RC does not interact with haste in any fashion. It's only improved by rune speed regeneration effects (IBP, Unholy Presence, etc.).

Quoting myself from somewhere else:
Generic cases:

No RC scaling:
3 / (10 / ((1 + Haste) * (1 + RuneSpeedModifiers)))

RC scaling:
(3 / (1+Haste)) / (10 / ((1 + Haste) * (1 + RuneSpeedModifiers)))

(1+Haste) cancels out.

This changes makes it so that your personal haste has no effect whatsoever on RC's return. Rune regeneration modifiers still scale like you would expect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah Slant explained it in his beta thread. I guess RC scales with haste literally now, which is a strange change.

(Or am I still wrong, and haste always lowered the RC duration?)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/25/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Judgesyou
(Or am I still wrong, and haste always lowered the RC duration?)

Haste hasn't lowered the duration ever on Live. This is new in the Beta.

On Live, RC scales linearly with haste. The more haste you have, the larger the return from RC. On the Beta, since that haste term cancels out, RC does not scale at all with haste. The return is a fixed value, regardless of your haste. In Unholy Presence, that value is 0.99 runes / RC proc, or, equivalently, 0.45 runes / 1 RC ability.

On Beta, RC only scales with +%rune regeneration speed effects like IBP/Unholy Presence.

edit: Unholy Presence does 10% in Beta, not 15%. Fixed.
Edited by Euliat on 4/25/2012 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I understand the need to either nerf RC or buff the other two, but this still seems like a confusing way to go about it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
04/25/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Judgesyou
I understand the need to either nerf RC or buff the other two, but this still seems like a confusing way to go about it.

It's not really too confusing, at least not to me. None of the other talents in that tier scale with anything. RC does.

I'm pretty sure you're already aware that I wish they'd just scrap that tier entirely. RE can deliver the most throughput to a certain ability, but it costs your other abilities quite a bit (due to sitting on runes to force the ability you want).

RE suffers when you consider a real human's performance. So does BT, but to a lesser degree, as you can't "waste" a BT-RS like you can waste a RE-RS.

RC beats the other two because there are no restrictions, so it uses all runes without discretion. It's also the most consistent. Entirely worth doing 5% less throughput with DS.

I would presume that DPS classes are still going to take RC. It is the most forgiving, leads to the highest total rune output (compared to gaming RE), and is the most consistent.
Edited by Euliat on 4/25/2012 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]