Duskguard Hits the Road

85 Tauren Druid
Sentinels,

After almost five years on Sentinels, Duskguard is leaving for greener pastures. Having laid waste to raid bosses from A to D (Attumen to Deathwing) and seeing our raid team go from ~10 to ~40 and back down to ~10 again, we're heading off to a new server in hopes of continuing our progress in a more fertile environment. As many others from Sentinels have already done, we're moving to Wyrmrest Accord, effective immediately.

Sentinels has been a great server for us. It's been a sleepy, friendly server since day one, and it's been a pleasure to play with such a nice bunch of folks (and to forum browse with some of Azeroth's truly great forum trolls). Duskguard began raiding in early Burning Crusade era, but many like myself have been here in one form or another for even longer. I was chopping heads off trolls with Eternus and Reckless Will before the gates to Ahn Quiraj were opened, without a break since. So to everyone we've known and played with, /salute and /farewell!

And if anyone else makes the trip to Wyrmrest Accord, give us a buzz. So long, Sents!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
/salute
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
So this is the next phase of Sentinels. First the "I'm done playing the game forever" phase a year ago, now a "Sup. Going to WrA. See ya'll lates."
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
04/03/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Sinlinara
So this is the next phase of Sentinels. First the "I'm done playing the game forever" phase a year ago, now a "Sup. Going to WrA. See ya'll lates."

Can't say I blame anyone. The pool for raiders is becoming smaller and smaller. Though I don't RP, may in my guild do and it seems as RP is disappearing as well. I'll miss Duskguard, as many of their members are great players and people. /salute
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
It's a shame to see a good group of raiders go, but it is understandable. Best of luck.
Reply Quote
81 Human Rogue
yay More Hordies to /hug
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Been there and came back as a troll named Rimluz....
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Fare thee well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Good luck over there folks!

I remember raiding as a filler with you guys on The League's off-nights when you folks were working through T5 content. Evellynada, Ottilie, Elyaes, Athidus, Aislin, Phrynia, Mie, Arakal, and Strawberri were among the names I remember or raided with in the later months/years.
Edited by Raintola on 4/3/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Gnome Rogue

Precisely.

And to all Duskguardians, I wish you continued success. I will definitely say hello to you over there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
In turn, a lot of us will miss you guys. I'll pop over here and there. :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
04/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Amejin
In turn, a lot of us will miss you guys. I'll pop over here and there. :)

<3 thanks for filling in on a few of my teams runs. You will be missed my friend.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
cool i get to dunk sentinels hordies on another server

INTERNATIONAL DUNK SQUAD #1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Indeed. Two other guilds will be following Duskguard onto WrA. One of them, I can say I will be happy to see go. The other, a smaller guild but one that will be missed none the less.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Sounds like someone dunks on the kid size net. :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Sounds like someone dunks on the kid size net. :(
HA!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Happy trails to you all! Hope the grass is greener and all that!

/hug
/wave
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I know we had no burning desire to leave Sentinels - we put it off for quite a while trying to avoid it, in fact. But given our fairly strict recruiting standards and the declining population on Sentinels, we just weren't able to stay afloat here any longer. I'm sure Sentinels will continue to survive - it will just be able to support fewer guilds as the population continues to decline.

Raintola, I definitely remember you and several other folks from The League who helped us out in T5 (when I was Arakal). Duskguard was fairly new then, and struggling to make the jump from 10 man raids to 25 (pretty much mandatory at that time), and I think the backup from you guys in making that transition really helped us. So thanks!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I directed a few interested parties to check out Vitality as I think that is one of the most similar guilds to Duskguard these days. Good luck to everyone who is staying on Sents - we still have our level 1 guild here as a home for our alts so I am sure many of us will be on to say hello from time to time. Cheers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Most of my toons on Sentinels are alliance so I never had the chance to raid/pvp with Duskguard. I DO remember pvp'ing against you guys in Wintergrasp and various other places in Northrend. I have a lot of respect for your guild and wish you the best of luck!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ah, it's a shame to see you go. I really enjoyed raiding with you guys during your open nights, and wish I could have gone with you more often. Good luck guys, maybe I'll make an alt over there to join you and the other Sentinels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]